Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

3 door cars (updated lol)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

3 door cars (updated lol) _
PostSubject: 3 door cars   3 door cars (updated lol) EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 1:27 am

I'm thinking of changing my car (again!!). I want a Golf and I've seen a gorgeous GTI for sale but it's a 3 door. Just wanted to know if any of you have a 3 door car and how easy is it to put LO's in and out of their car seat?? xx
Back to top Go down
EmzandFlick

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3 door cars (updated lol)   3 door cars (updated lol) EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 1:38 am

Do you mean the ones where you have to pull the seat forward to get into the back???
MIL has one and I find it a nightmare to get Flick in and out and usually end up banging my head or hers Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3 door cars (updated lol)   3 door cars (updated lol) EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 2:50 am

It's a nightmare! Well it was for me with Tyler in my mums 3 door car and that was when tyler was lighter and easier to handle lol.
Back to top Go down
Kitcat4192

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3 door cars (updated lol)   3 door cars (updated lol) EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 3:49 am

We had a lovely three door focus st. But three doors was a nightmare for me. Much too much of a pain. Shame really as it was a lovely car :-( I think if you don't mind getting bubs in and out of car with a bit of difficulty then go for it :-)
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3 door cars (updated lol)   3 door cars (updated lol) EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 4:11 am

I have a 3 door atm and am hoping to change before baby comes but due to money may have to wait until new year.

Its manageable if you have to. I can do it at 6 months pg and Stuart can do it at 6ft 4. But you are hunched over and find yourself having to climb in to do it in tight car park spaces/roads etc. Its starting to hurt my back, but thats cause im pg, and stuart does complain as he's having to do it more often - but then again you're not 6ft 4 either lol.

If you just accept it takes a min or 2 more and you will be stooped over to do it its fine and no dif to other cars. Ideally though I think 5 doors are better.
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3 door cars (updated lol)   3 door cars (updated lol) EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 5:23 am

I had a 3 door up until 8 months pregnant with Dexter, it was managable even though it was (is) a Citroen C1 so ridiculously small. In fact we have kept it as our second car for Simon and I've got the bigger 5 door car.

Personally though I wouldnt get a 3 door again, even though its managable it is still really awkward and I can see Simon getting a bigger car when I go back to work and he has to put them in his car (they dont need to go in it at the moment).
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3 door cars (updated lol)   3 door cars (updated lol) EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 5:55 am

I had a 3 door up until january. Now I would never go back.
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3 door cars (updated lol)   3 door cars (updated lol) EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 5:57 am

We do it with Jamie and don't really find it a problem. Its a pain to get the seat in but once its there its fine
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3 door cars (updated lol)   3 door cars (updated lol) EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 6:06 am

Matts car is 3 door and I won't take it out when I have Chloe as it's a pain in the bum. I would always go for a 5 door
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3 door cars (updated lol)   3 door cars (updated lol) EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 6:09 am

Dans 3 door..and low! Its not great, and Im small and can get in the back to do her up, but a PG person or someone even just a bit taller than me would have a job! Its fine when she plays ball and gets in the seta...doesnt always happen though!

I certainly wouldn't get one when Ive already got a child...I could put up with one if I had one already...but nah get a 4 door woman, you'll be cursing otherwise!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3 door cars (updated lol)   3 door cars (updated lol) EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 6:40 am

oh bugger eh? I'm only 5ft 4 and slim so I may manage. I actually find it difficult to lift Cerys in sideways with my 4 door and I was hoping that she could climb in herself in a 3 door??? *** trying hard to convince myself it will be fine Rolling Eyes * Mmmmmm what to do ??? scratch
Back to top Go down
EmVar

EmVar

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3 door cars (updated lol)   3 door cars (updated lol) EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 7:00 am

My friend has a 3 door and prefers it over her partner's 5 door (but she's the only one I know!). She likes that the door is bigger so opens further (but as someone said, only good if you have space to open the door wide), and the front seat slides forwards so she just gets in and fastens her daughter in from in front rather than sideways on like we all do - no bum sticking out in the rain!

Personally I would hate it, but my friend is only 5ft2 and quite slim so I figure that must help.

We quite fancy a VW next, sick of my Punto which is like a tin box on wheels. VWs are designed just to keep going no matter what falls off them (you still see F-reg Polos in mint condition).
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3 door cars (updated lol)   3 door cars (updated lol) EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 7:26 am

I do that too. I get in the car to fasten Jamie's belt. I'm only 5ft3 (although fat) but hubby is 6ft4 and he manages too. The main thing to think about is the boot space as you tend to get less
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3 door cars (updated lol)   3 door cars (updated lol) EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 7:32 am

I dont have a 3 door but I will say cos im strapping awen in C gets herself in her car seat now so i dont have to lift her
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3 door cars (updated lol)   3 door cars (updated lol) EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 7:41 am

Caitlin can climb into her seat herself too - most of the time though she gets on her knee's and has a good peer into the boot etc so I still need to physically turn her round or stand and reason for 5 min. Also she hasnt got the hang of putting her own arms in straps and certainly cant buckle it so you still have to get in to do that bit. Was going to say maybe you could turn round and clip her in from front seat but actually think that would be more awkward than just getting in the back for a min!
Back to top Go down
XxCHARnNOAHxX

XxCHARnNOAHxX

About Me!
My Name: Charmaine

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3 door cars (updated lol)   3 door cars (updated lol) EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 8:18 am

I love my car but only problem is its a 3 door 4 seats. I dont think it would be too bad coz u are considering a 5 seater but mine is annoying always bang mine or noahs head trying to get in and out 3 door cars (updated lol) 270211

Char
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3 door cars (updated lol)   3 door cars (updated lol) EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 8:27 am

thanks for replies. You see I always bang my head or Cerys's on the edge bit of the car. I reckon I could fit with knees bended behind the front car seat and strap her in.

Yes VW Golf's hold their value and are at the top in their range compared to the Focus and Astra. Will take it out for a test drive tomorrow. If I do buy it, I just hope I don't regret it - well how can I regret buying a Golf 2 ltr GTI ??? I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3 door cars (updated lol)   3 door cars (updated lol) EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 8:29 am

First time you go to buy petrol?
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3 door cars (updated lol)   3 door cars (updated lol) EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 5:10 pm

marioandthestuntbubs wrote:
First time you go to buy petrol?
I have a 2 litre car (inherited from oh) and it costs £80 to fill it up. Thankfully it's only for me and I do very little milage but it would cost a fortune if this was my only means of transport. Ohs is also 2 litre but his company pay for all of his fuel so we use this whenever we can.

Would never buy a 3 door, find it a pain in the arse getting a very wriggly Ellie into into a big 4 door.

But I do love vw golf gti Smile xx
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3 door cars (updated lol)   3 door cars (updated lol) EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 5:49 pm

well it's a diesel so hopefully I will get more miles to the gallon. The tax is cheaper than the Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-Jet I've got now. I'm terrible for good looking cars, I'm like a kid in a sweet shop Rolling Eyes Laughing
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3 door cars (updated lol)   3 door cars (updated lol) EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 6:13 pm

Hun I've had 3 -5 door cars and can honestly say 5 doors is the only way with kids.

With the 3 door I use to lean on the seat that lay forward to get rich in his seat and I broke it so much.

With the 5 door he gets in his self and with Lucas it's so much easier.

As a family we've had loads of different cars and we always have 5 doors, 3 doors is just a pain
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3 door cars (updated lol)   3 door cars (updated lol) EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 8:30 pm

MiniMeg wrote:
well it's a diesel so hopefully I will get more miles to the gallon. The tax is cheaper than the Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-Jet I've got now. I'm terrible for good looking cars, I'm like a kid in a sweet shop Rolling Eyes Laughing

Diesel is more expensive now than petrol and it only does more miles per litre on long runs!

But Deisel engines do last forever.
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3 door cars (updated lol)   3 door cars (updated lol) EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 8:35 pm

You could give it a nice long run out to test the mpg. Your house to mine should do it Wink
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3 door cars (updated lol)   3 door cars (updated lol) EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 8:57 pm

^^^^^ ooooh yeh good thinking batman !!! Will deffo have to buy it then Laughing
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3 door cars (updated lol)   3 door cars (updated lol) EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 7:00 pm

Took the car for a run and it was instant love blushlove . Drove it - loved it - bought it !!!!! The front seats go right forward and I can fit behind them easy to put Cerys in her seat. The guy said if I dont get on with it, he will take it back and find something else for me. Will upload pic later. Thanks for the advice ladies xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3 door cars (updated lol)   3 door cars (updated lol) Empty

Back to top Go down

3 door cars (updated lol)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
3 door cars (updated lol) Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
3 door cars (updated lol) Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
3 door cars (updated lol) Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
3 door cars (updated lol) Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
3 door cars (updated lol) Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
3 door cars (updated lol) Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
3 door cars (updated lol) Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
3 door cars (updated lol) Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
3 door cars (updated lol) Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
3 door cars (updated lol) Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
3 door cars (updated lol) Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
3 door cars (updated lol) Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
3 door cars (updated lol) Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
3 door cars (updated lol) Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
3 door cars (updated lol) Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words