Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

stuffy nose/raising head end of cot

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Natkat

Natkat

About Me!
My Name: Kat
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

stuffy nose/raising head end of cot _
PostSubject: stuffy nose/raising head end of cot   stuffy nose/raising head end of cot EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 8:57 am

Noah has a blocked nose, I'm giving him those saline nose drops wich are helping, but he hates being laid flat as his nose gets worse. Last night i folded up a blanket and put it under the head end of the mattress to raise it up and he slept really well, but is it better to put books under the head-end feet of the cot to raise up the head end of the cot,, or to put something under the head end of the mattress to raise it up? Or is either ok? Hope that makes sense, I'm to tired to figure out what I'm trying to say Laughing
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: stuffy nose/raising head end of cot   stuffy nose/raising head end of cot EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 9:01 am

I've raised dexter's cot using 2 tins (tomato soup to be precise Laughing ) under the feet of the head end
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: stuffy nose/raising head end of cot   stuffy nose/raising head end of cot EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 9:02 am

i think to keep their back evenly supported you are meant to do the whole cot - but we used to use a couple of blankets under the mattress, especially when he was tiny because he wasn't long enough to be errrm un-comforted by it. we had a calpol plug in last time eli had a cold it was amazing Very Happy (i used it too when i had a cold Laughing but i think there is a minimum age for it)
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: stuffy nose/raising head end of cot   stuffy nose/raising head end of cot EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 9:11 am

Susan,Libby&Dexter wrote:
I've raised dexter's cot using 2 tins (tomato soup to be precise Laughing ) under the feet of the head end

Baked beans are superior for nose unblockage

Karvol is bloody amazing for stuffy noses. if you dont get a plug in you can get one of those insulated travel mugs, fill it with boiling water and put some of the drops of karvol in there and it holds the heat to create vapours for longer.

snot suckers are great too unless you have a multilimbed kraken for a baby (i do)
Back to top Go down
Natkat

Natkat

About Me!
My Name: Kat
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: stuffy nose/raising head end of cot   stuffy nose/raising head end of cot EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 9:32 am

Excellent! Very Happy Glad I made sense! I've gone for two thick books under each top foot and he's flat out looking very content!

Monkeychopsjellyfish wrote:
snot suckers are great too unless you have a multilimbed kraken for a baby (i do)

Got one of those - snot sucker and multilimbed kraken! It takes forever to get his nose drops in as he smacks them out of my hand with alarming accuracy.. Shocked I reckon it's all tosh about babies not having hand-eye co-ordination, I reckon they're just faking it so they don't have to help you fold laundry etc.. than as soon as we turn our backs they're these super co-ordinated geniuses rewiring the sky box.. Mad
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: stuffy nose/raising head end of cot   stuffy nose/raising head end of cot EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 7:49 pm

Ah you have watched Awen on the rampage then? I actually went to answer this 5 mins ago while she was sat on my knee only she reached out and with two keystrokes she initiated Windows Updates and made my laptop shut itself down. Still no idea how
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: stuffy nose/raising head end of cot   stuffy nose/raising head end of cot EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 8:15 pm

Natkat wrote:
Shocked I reckon it's all tosh about babies not having hand-eye co-ordination, I reckon they're just faking it so they don't have to help you fold laundry etc.. than as soon as we turn our backs they're these super co-ordinated geniuses rewiring the sky box.. Mad

Lol. I agree. They always seem to manage to get what they want
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: stuffy nose/raising head end of cot   stuffy nose/raising head end of cot EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 8:54 pm

Your too soft Kat. Ive had Amelia folding my laundry since the day she came home Laughing

We raised Amelias crib with m firends boxset, it was the perfect fit but unfortunatey she still didnt sleep
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: stuffy nose/raising head end of cot   stuffy nose/raising head end of cot EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 8:56 pm

Dibs on Amelia. I can trade for caelyn who is ever so good at unloadng the dishwasher. Awens main stock in trade is barfing on the carpet unfortunately., not quite as enticing though shes very good at beating up your prone helpless body too so if anyones annoyed you just trip them up in front of her and sit back to watch the fun
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: stuffy nose/raising head end of cot   stuffy nose/raising head end of cot EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 9:07 pm

Quote :
Karvol is bloody amazing for stuffy noses. if
you dont get a plug in you can get one of those insulated travel mugs,
fill it with boiling water and put some of the drops of karvol in there
and it holds the heat to create vapours for longer.
ooh yeah, or use a bit of olbas oil or vics vaporub melts too Smile
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: stuffy nose/raising head end of cot   stuffy nose/raising head end of cot EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 9:27 pm

Hmm unfortunately I am the dishwasher, how is she with mopping and sweeping floors? Awens skill would come in very usefull when Adams refusing to wake up. Or she could sick up over my carpets so they match my sofa. I have packaged Amelia up im going to the post office later so she should be with you tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: stuffy nose/raising head end of cot   stuffy nose/raising head end of cot EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 9:29 pm

Oh she loves 'weepin' and moppin' and shes also dead good at dustering. Ill get C off to you then asap. Awen will follow once ive found a courier who stocks electric wire cages and wears protective clothing as standard. And by protective i mean full body armour
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: stuffy nose/raising head end of cot   stuffy nose/raising head end of cot Empty

Back to top Go down

stuffy nose/raising head end of cot

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Baby Babble-
Latest topics
» Spotting
stuffy nose/raising head end of cot Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
stuffy nose/raising head end of cot Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
stuffy nose/raising head end of cot Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
stuffy nose/raising head end of cot Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
stuffy nose/raising head end of cot Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
stuffy nose/raising head end of cot Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
stuffy nose/raising head end of cot Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
stuffy nose/raising head end of cot Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
stuffy nose/raising head end of cot Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
stuffy nose/raising head end of cot Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
stuffy nose/raising head end of cot Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
stuffy nose/raising head end of cot Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
stuffy nose/raising head end of cot Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
stuffy nose/raising head end of cot Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
stuffy nose/raising head end of cot Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???