Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Weaning off the boobie juice ** UPDATED **

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Nay

Nay

About Me!
My Name: Naomi
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Weaning off the boobie juice ** UPDATED ** _
PostSubject: Weaning off the boobie juice ** UPDATED **   Weaning off the boobie juice ** UPDATED ** EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 9:36 pm

Hello ladies,

I have been breastfeeding Chloe for 13 months and I feel it's time to start the process of weaning her off but not sure how to go about this.

The morning feed shouldn't be hard as she is starting lose interest anyway, it's the evening feed I think is going to be the hardest as she still loves it and it's part of her bedtime routine.

I would be grateful if anybody had any tips or advice on how I can go about this..I preferably want her weaned before June 23rd.lol:D

Thanksies

Nay

Last edited by Nay on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Weaning off the boobie juice ** UPDATED **   Weaning off the boobie juice ** UPDATED ** EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 10:03 pm

I would just dropped it with Jamie and replaced it with cuddles and a cup of milk. Admittedly I haven't been that successful because if he comes into bed with us for morning snuggles at the weekend he lifts whatever I'm wearing up and attaches himself but I'm not that fussed so not pushing it.

I would just try dropping the morning one. See how she goes with that for a week or so and then try and drop the later one. I did find I had to give Jamie a bottle initially thinking about it before he'd switch to a cup
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Weaning off the boobie juice ** UPDATED **   Weaning off the boobie juice ** UPDATED ** EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 6:30 am

I stopped breastfeeding Libby when she was 13.5 months, luckily by then she was only having 1 a day and it was the morning one - she wouldnt have any other milk any other way so I just replaced it with some juice.

Does she fall asleep on the boob at night? If not maybe offer her some cows milk and see if she has it and just put her down without the booby.

I honestly wouldnt worry if she turns her nose up at cows milk or formula, when I stopped with Libby she literally refused any milk so I topped her up with lots of cheese, yogurts, milk of her cereal etc.
Back to top Go down
Pickle and Pup's mummy

Pickle and Pup's mummy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Weaning off the boobie juice ** UPDATED **   Weaning off the boobie juice ** UPDATED ** EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 8:05 am

I cant really remember properly but was 13 and a half months with Sophia (on my birthday!) that i gave her last ever breast feed (bedtime feed). I just waited really till she was only sucking for about 5-10 mins ( all through bf she fed from 1.5hrs per feed, then down to half an hour very near the end so 10 mins was nothing!) so I knew she was ready to say goodbye to it. She did miss it for a week or so and was abit angry with me, but happily accepted cows milk as an alternative as she was used to having that during the day.

I think I fed on both sides, then dropped down to just one side for a day or two, then as she wasnt wanting much dropped altogether.

Hope all goes well,

Mandy
Back to top Go down
RosP

RosP

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Weaning off the boobie juice ** UPDATED **   Weaning off the boobie juice ** UPDATED ** EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 8:30 am

When we switched the evening feed to a bottle I got OH to do the feed for a few nights and stayed out of the way. First night she cried for 30 min, next night 5min, then she was fine (was around 6-8 months though).
Back to top Go down
Nay

Nay

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Weaning off the boobie juice ** UPDATED **   Weaning off the boobie juice ** UPDATED ** EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 8:33 pm

Thanks girls some great advice...I shall give it a go at the weekend and see how we go

x
Back to top Go down
Nay

Nay

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Weaning off the boobie juice ** UPDATED **   Weaning off the boobie juice ** UPDATED ** EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 7:33 pm

It's only been two days but I have finally finished bf in the morning now Sad .

After trying for a few weeks to get her to take cows milk she now can't get enough of it..yay.

At first she just took a few sips and didn't want to know and I was panicking thinking she wouldn't take to it but now she loves it. We also bought her a different cup.

Now to tackle the evening feeds.

x
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Weaning off the boobie juice ** UPDATED **   Weaning off the boobie juice ** UPDATED ** EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 7:40 pm

Aw yay to Chloe taking to cows milk, clever girly!!

It's such a strange feeling giving up breastfeeding isn't it, like that's it for the babyness. Does she take much in the evening? I've noticed with Dexter that if he eats alot of dinner and drinks alot of juice before bed he's not that interested in the booby.
Back to top Go down
Nay

Nay

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Weaning off the boobie juice ** UPDATED **   Weaning off the boobie juice ** UPDATED ** EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 7:59 pm

Yeah i've noticed too that if she has a lot of dinner and juice in the evening she doesn't take a lot of milk, she just messes about!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Weaning off the boobie juice ** UPDATED **   Weaning off the boobie juice ** UPDATED ** Empty

Back to top Go down

Weaning off the boobie juice ** UPDATED **

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Weaning off the boobie juice ** UPDATED ** Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Weaning off the boobie juice ** UPDATED ** Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Weaning off the boobie juice ** UPDATED ** Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Weaning off the boobie juice ** UPDATED ** Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Weaning off the boobie juice ** UPDATED ** Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Weaning off the boobie juice ** UPDATED ** Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Weaning off the boobie juice ** UPDATED ** Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Weaning off the boobie juice ** UPDATED ** Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Weaning off the boobie juice ** UPDATED ** Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Weaning off the boobie juice ** UPDATED ** Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Weaning off the boobie juice ** UPDATED ** Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Weaning off the boobie juice ** UPDATED ** Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Weaning off the boobie juice ** UPDATED ** Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Weaning off the boobie juice ** UPDATED ** Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Weaning off the boobie juice ** UPDATED ** Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words