Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Shell

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

Shell _
PostSubject: Shell   Shell EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 3:55 am

While its fresh in my mind will do this

Getting there was a worry for us because my Uncle is in Cornwall (Bude) and its all really windy country roads but actually, apart from the road the site is on then it was fine. Took us 8 hours but that's because we came from Essex and made a couple of stops. We got into our caravan early and I happened to be at reception the following Saturday and people were getting in early as well so they seem to let you in earlier than they say

the site - was medium sized. We spent a lot of time at the indoor pool which was good (most of it is quite shallow). It never got crowded (other than one day when a massive family came in and were playing a ball game). The life guards don't enforce any rules/ do anything which was fine but might be a pain if it was busy. There are two outdoor pools (one for children). Neither look massive but outside of school holidays I would guess they were fine. We only went to the soft play once. The toddler bit was no good for Jamie because his too mobile and some kids battered him (one jumped on top of him, another climbed over him and then one hit him) so we didn't go back. They were all from the same family though so I would think it was fine most of the time. The shows don't start until 6.30 and much what you'd expect from the shows at a caravan park. We only went for a bit to let Jamie dance a couple of times. They have something on for tots every day but you have to go along with them and we never bothered so I don't know what its like. Park was ok. There was a small climbing frame with slides, baby swings, houses and sand pit for little kids. They have bikes you can hire (family cart type things) and a bouncy castle which is £1.50 for 20 mins (and the younger bloke on it tries to get you off early). There's also crazy golf there. Restaurant is ok. Not the cheapest but what you'd expect from there. Takeaway wasn't great. The park has a little decking bit so you can get drinks from the bar and sit there. Don't know what style of caravan you have but ours was clean. We paid for one with a freezer as we were there for two weeks which was a good size. We had two problems (one with the TV and one with a leak) but both times they came and sorted it straight away. The TV has limited cable and has cbeebies. The Laundrette costs £4 for the washing machine and then 50p for 13 mins in the tumble dryer. You have to drive everywhere from the site which is a bit of a pain. There's a Tesco and Sainsbury both less than 20 mins away and I think I saw a Lidl as well

Things to do

Newquay - its just over an hour away and we went twice. Parking here is extortionate. Beach was nice and easily accessible. I thought the sea life centre was a bit expensive but we have a season card for Southend so it could be I've just forgotten what you'd expect to play. We also went to the zoo. It was less than £25 for all of us (I think under 3s were free). It was a bit of a disappointment for us but that was partly because Jamie was teething and grotty. Its quite a small zoo compared to Colchester (which we're used to) although I guess its probably quite nice for little kids. You have to pay for parking and its not cheap. I certainly don't think you could make a day out of the zoo

Paradise park - cost a lot and didn't think its worth it. The soft play and playground are quite good but its basically just birds and Jamie wasn't that interested (although if you like birds then there's hundreds). The train ride is a rip off. Its £1 each and it just goes round in a tiny circuit twice. We assumed it went round the park but you don't see anything

St Ives - bit of a nightmare. Tiny roads, up and down hills and restrictions all over the place. Most of the parking is at the top and you have to walk down which isn't practical with pushchairs and little kids so we didn't bother to stop.

Penzance - pretty and worth a visit. I think there's a beach further on but we didn't find very much to do

Soft play - One2eleven is about 15 mins from the site and the best soft play we've ever been too (all the pics on fb of him at softplay on holiday are from here). Its expensive though. Under 1s were free but then 12 months to 90cm was £6 something (and I think closer to 7) and adults are over £1 each. Cost us £10.15 for the three of us. However, for us it was totally worth it. We went three times and two of those times stayed for three hours. He would have happily stayed longer but was so tired. The toddler bit is for aged 2 and under and anyone they suspect of being over is kicked out straight away which means for little ones they can play happily. It has quite a lot for them to do (including a little carosel which I loved). Then down the side are loads of little bits set up as shops, cafes, etc where they can play with food, build things, etc. There's a toddler track at the back and also a room with loads of dressing up clothes. Jamie went in the bigger bit as well and there was loads for him to do. We didn't do the upstairs bit but that's mainly because me and Adam didn't fancy crawling about up there and I'm guessing you can send Imogen off alone (which Jamie will do but gets stuck, etc). I think this was easily one of our favourite parts of the holiday

Falmouth - we really liked it here too - another favourite. Beach was really easy to get to and Jamie loved it. Not the biggest though so it would probably get crowded at the weekend. Falmouth town centre was really pretty. Not the most pushchair friendly as its tiny streets. Not too bad for us as we had a tiny stroller and Jamie was walking anyway so it didn't matter if I took it on the road. However, most people were having to walk on the road so the cars that did go through went really slowly. It took us less than 40 mins to get there.

We didn't really do anything local. We drove through Mullion and up to Lizard and both looked pretty and like you could walk through, stop for something to eat. I think most of the beaches near the site are small and you have to climb down so I'm not sure how practical they'd be. We only went into Helston to do the shopping

Sorry that turned into a bit of an essay. Can't think of anything else but let me know if you had any questions.
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

Shell _
PostSubject: Re: Shell   Shell EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 4:37 am

Oh and I have a slightly battered (Jamie got hold of it) street by street map book of Cornwall that you can have for free if you want it
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Shell _
PostSubject: Re: Shell   Shell EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 11:38 pm

aww thanks hun for all of that! very helpful. Sorry for late reply was away at my sisters and couldn't reply on my phone. Not sure if it was Paradise park we were thinking of going to for Immi's birthday but think we'll give it a miss now! We went to a parkdean site last year and that was very nice/clean and service was good, this cornwall one sounds similar :)We only ever went to the evening entertainment for 30mins-hr for quick dance and see bit of entertainment. Immi was so scared of seagull and lizard things lol. I'm glad you said there were things on in the day as we went to those in Wales and she loved it. I reckon Jamie would have been too young though. Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Shell _
PostSubject: Re: Shell   Shell Empty

Back to top Go down

Shell

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge :: Member Messages-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Shell Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Shell Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Shell Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Shell Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Shell Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Shell Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Shell Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Shell Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Shell Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Shell Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Shell Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Shell Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Shell Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Shell Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Shell Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words