Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Activities to do with an 18 month old

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

Activities to do with an 18 month old _
PostSubject: Activities to do with an 18 month old   Activities to do with an 18 month old EmptyWed May 02, 2012 10:26 pm

I just wondered if anyone had any ideas of what to do with an 18 month old. I was thinking about the 6 week holiday and if I needed to get anything. Jamie will have one week where his in creche in the mornings as I'm running a church holiday club but other than that will be with me (well Mum's said she'll have him a couple of days). Obviously his used to be at nursery and having things to do all day. We've got his toys and a water and sand table and we can go to the park and the beach. I just wondered if people had anything that they did with their toddlers that they enjoyed
Back to top Go down
Pickle and Pup's mummy

Pickle and Pup's mummy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Activities to do with an 18 month old   Activities to do with an 18 month old EmptyThu May 03, 2012 7:07 am

Nothing particularly special but Sophs liked painting, and chalk drawing outside. We also made pizzas a couple of times which she loved (well, me make and she spread sauce, pour on/eat different ingredients). Getting the ball tent and tunnel out and the paddling pool were also strong contenders. And trips to the farm/soft plays etc.

Mandy xx
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Activities to do with an 18 month old   Activities to do with an 18 month old EmptyThu May 03, 2012 8:11 am

I was thinking painting because he loves doing creative stuff at nursery but I hate the idea of it. I think I might buy some cheap shower curtains and put them down on the decking so we can at least contain the mess outside
Back to top Go down
EmVar

EmVar

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Activities to do with an 18 month old   Activities to do with an 18 month old EmptyThu May 03, 2012 8:56 pm

Good idea about the cheap shower curtains!

Farm and soft play are always good contenders, but at that age I had to go everywhere with Imogen at soft play and it was exhausing!

Specific missions like "how many different types of leaves can I collect" then siticking them in a scrap book, or saving cardboard to make a robot/fishtank/scenery (tree bodies from painted loo-roll middles, cotton wool clouds etc) - it's amazing what comes back from nursery made out of cut-out handprints too! Start pinching ideas - he won't mind repeating something he did before.

get some beanbags from ELC and have him running from one to another - fetch the red one, now put the yellow one by the washing line... wear him out!

Cooking / baking always good for a rainy day. My boss reckons making of bread is great because you do a bit, which is about the duration of their attention span, then you leave it to proove, then you go back "ooh look it's got bigger" then you make the shapes (attention span again) then it gets baked then you eat it. I've not tried it yet but it's one to consider.
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Activities to do with an 18 month old   Activities to do with an 18 month old EmptyThu May 03, 2012 10:31 pm

Cool thanks. Yeah I know what you mean about soft play. Jamie thinks he can go off by himself but always tries to go in the bigger bit and climb on things he shouldn't
Back to top Go down
Pickle and Pup's mummy

Pickle and Pup's mummy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Activities to do with an 18 month old   Activities to do with an 18 month old EmptySat May 05, 2012 6:33 am

If you're worried about mess, just take a pot of water and a paintbrush ou tto the decking and 'paint' it with water. Sophia used to love doing this, no mess as the sun dries it all up!

MAndy xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Activities to do with an 18 month old   Activities to do with an 18 month old Empty

Back to top Go down

Activities to do with an 18 month old

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Activities to do with an 18 month old Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Activities to do with an 18 month old Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Activities to do with an 18 month old Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Activities to do with an 18 month old Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Activities to do with an 18 month old Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Activities to do with an 18 month old Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Activities to do with an 18 month old Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Activities to do with an 18 month old Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Activities to do with an 18 month old Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Activities to do with an 18 month old Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Activities to do with an 18 month old Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Activities to do with an 18 month old Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Activities to do with an 18 month old Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Activities to do with an 18 month old Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Activities to do with an 18 month old Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???