Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

dont know what to do!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Char

Char

Edit MY profile

dont know what to do!! _
PostSubject: dont know what to do!!   dont know what to do!! EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 10:51 pm

dont know if you remember me sayin about my house being damp but landlord not doing anythin!
well my wall is still so damp the wall paper bu bubberling and in the bubbles is wet like gunk from the sicky paste or somethin on back of wall paper!
and all she says is put the heating on and it will sort it!
my bedroom and living room smell damp and not nice! should i fill in a council house form and see what they can do or just leave it?
dont know what to do!! IMAG0109-1
dont know what to do!! IMAG0108-1

sorry pics are not great but kinds get my idea! the wall paper is brown and discoloured
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

dont know what to do!! _
PostSubject: Re: dont know what to do!!   dont know what to do!! EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 10:56 pm

I would complain again to her & then to whoever in the council is relevant (not sure who..) You definitly shouldnt have to live like that. We have damp/mould to and rental company just tell me to open the windows for an hr a day Rolling Eyes and wipe the mould off regularly...

Btw it took me a min to realise you had used the pc to draw on photo's!!! I though you had drawn on your walls with black marker & had gone a bit crazy!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

dont know what to do!! _
PostSubject: Re: dont know what to do!!   dont know what to do!! EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 10:58 pm

lol i thought youd got the marker on the wall too hahaha!

Yes complain again, its wrong to say put the heating non - thats an expense to you but it should be her fixing it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Char

Char

Edit MY profile

dont know what to do!! _
PostSubject: Re: dont know what to do!!   dont know what to do!! EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 10:59 pm

haha no not drawn on the wall my writing is neater than that lol
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

dont know what to do!! _
PostSubject: Re: dont know what to do!!   dont know what to do!! EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 11:01 pm

I would complain again and tell her its no better. It will prob get worse in winter when its cold so she needs to sort it now x
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

dont know what to do!! _
PostSubject: Re: dont know what to do!!   dont know what to do!! EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 11:03 pm

I think you need to go back to her, if she doesnt sort it, then get on the council list, it cant hurt.

Putting the heating on is only masking a problem that needs dealing with long term.

x
Back to top Go down
Pepper

Pepper

Edit MY profile

dont know what to do!! _
PostSubject: Re: dont know what to do!!   dont know what to do!! EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 11:05 pm

I agree Char - she needs to sort it.....is she gonna compensate you for the heating bills!!!!!!

xx
Back to top Go down
Char

Char

Edit MY profile

dont know what to do!! _
PostSubject: Re: dont know what to do!!   dont know what to do!! EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 11:07 pm

no shes not Sad we need to get it sorted as ian has really bad asthma and cant be doing with him ill again
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly

Edit MY profile

dont know what to do!! _
PostSubject: Re: dont know what to do!!   dont know what to do!! EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 11:08 pm

You should definatly speak to her again? Are you renting through an estate agent or direct with the land lady? do you have a contract with her it its direct?
You shouldn't be made to live like that!
When i was renting we had problems similar, i told the agents who told the land lord and the said to leave it, In the end when i left the house after them saying to just leave it and put the heating on. they took my whole deposit because of it!
I was fuming didn't know what i could do so just had to live with the fact that i lost £700 through no fault of my own.

You may not be able to get on the council list if you are renting privatly, however environmental health may be able to help?
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

dont know what to do!! _
PostSubject: Re: dont know what to do!!   dont know what to do!! EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 11:09 pm

Its going to be very expensive having to have the heating on constantly plus living with damp is bad for your health and with two little ones your landlord should make you a priority to getting it sorted
Back to top Go down
Char

Char

Edit MY profile

dont know what to do!! _
PostSubject: Re: dont know what to do!!   dont know what to do!! EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 11:13 pm

its private renting we didnt pay a deposit or anythin whats lucky but still bad living! i will go down to the council tomoz and see them tomoz and ask there advice! or do you think i should go down today and see what they can do
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly

Edit MY profile

dont know what to do!! _
PostSubject: Re: dont know what to do!!   dont know what to do!! EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 11:17 pm

Its upto you hun, there isn't a quick fix to this so either way it'll take a bit of time to fix.

I think the reason the land lady is being off about it is because it can cost alot of money to get rid of damp and she'd have to re-decorate. Obviously she'd rather not pay it so is hoping that you'll just go away and get on with it!
Don't take any crap hun!
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

dont know what to do!! _
PostSubject: Re: dont know what to do!!   dont know what to do!! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 4:20 am

It's definately not acceptable hun, see what the council say they might point you in the right direction. Do you have a tenancy agreement? If not then I'm not sure what you can do but if you do then it should say something in there about repairs and it must refer to some "housing act" ?

Definately don't let her get away with it it's no good for anyone's health and can lead to real serious issues (with you AND the house)

hope you get it sorted x
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah

Edit MY profile

dont know what to do!! _
PostSubject: Re: dont know what to do!!   dont know what to do!! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 4:40 am

Right - you should contact your local Environmental Health office at the council. That is unacceptable and your landlord has a duty to ensure their property is safe an habitable. The pores in that damp are going to make really ill - good luck xx
Back to top Go down
Char

Char

Edit MY profile

dont know what to do!! _
PostSubject: Re: dont know what to do!!   dont know what to do!! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 5:21 am

well i went down today and they are going to send someone to have a look at the house and have a word with her! i have picked up housing forms and guna fill them in! x
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

dont know what to do!! _
PostSubject: Re: dont know what to do!!   dont know what to do!! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 5:39 am

Toxic black mold! Not only should this be dealt with..but all your drywall/plaster/insulation should be changed. Huge problem over here and several people have gotten extremely ill, especially the elderly and the young. For now..the only thing that will keep it at bay would be a mixture of bleach water, but you should peel back the wall paper and floor boards to see what is going on. xxx
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

dont know what to do!! _
PostSubject: Re: dont know what to do!!   dont know what to do!! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 5:42 am

Which wall is it, only reason i ask is we had a really bad patch of it and it was cos our gutters hadnt been cleaned and we overflowing down the wall. Its improved since the guttering - still your landlords prob nots yours though and id make em fix it
Back to top Go down
Char

Char

Edit MY profile

dont know what to do!! _
PostSubject: Re: dont know what to do!!   dont know what to do!! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 5:49 am

its my bedroom celing and wall on the side no guttering near it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

dont know what to do!! _
PostSubject: Re: dont know what to do!!   dont know what to do!! Empty

Back to top Go down

dont know what to do!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
dont know what to do!! Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
dont know what to do!! Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
dont know what to do!! Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
dont know what to do!! Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
dont know what to do!! Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
dont know what to do!! Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
dont know what to do!! Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
dont know what to do!! Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
dont know what to do!! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
dont know what to do!! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
dont know what to do!! Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
dont know what to do!! Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
dont know what to do!! Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
dont know what to do!! Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
dont know what to do!! Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???