Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

I dont know how much more I can take........

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
LisaMnGirls

LisaMnGirls

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

I dont know how much more I can take........ _
PostSubject: I dont know how much more I can take........   I dont know how much more I can take........ EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 9:27 pm

with Jessica!!!

I dont moan about it very much as theyre not babies for long............but Jess is a serious CRIER!!!!

If shes awake, then shes crying, or moaning!

I cant put her down for a minute....the only time I get any peace at all, is when shes asleep.

I have to just leave her to cry if im cooking, or sorting Isla out, but its really starting to take its toll....im ratty, snappy, & just feel rage building up inside me!

Then I see her sleeping, and I burst into tears for even thinking that shes a pain in the arse.

I cant get her to sleep for more than 5 hrs either of a night, and less many nights....so im whizzin about at night like a blue arsed fly too

******sigh******

Lisa x
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I dont know how much more I can take........   I dont know how much more I can take........ EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 9:49 pm

Jeez, no wonder you feel stressed if she is crying/whining the whole time she is awake. You are only human.

Have you tried music of any kind? Aimee was always very good but she had a few weeks of having colic an hour a night and we played her 'hush little baby' which shut her up a treat.

Alternatively, maybe speak to your HV and see if there is any advice she can give? xx
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I dont know how much more I can take........   I dont know how much more I can take........ EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 10:16 pm

Lisa i feel your pain, its so hard isnt it!

Edith generally sleeps well til lunchtime(not today) then is awake the rest of the day except for maybe 15-30 min here and there if i am cuddling her.

i dont have much advice except i think some babies dont like being babies and i am hoping it eases when she starts to be a bit more mobile.

Sorry that was shit really but you know where i am if you wanna vent, we can rage together!
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I dont know how much more I can take........   I dont know how much more I can take........ EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 10:41 pm

I totally know where you are coming from. L cried from the moment he was born an never stopped unless he was sleeping or eating. He is better but still cant leave him for long. It was a shock as H was really good. L has been sleeping ok at night but had a relapse last night. He doesnt sleep much in the day either x
Back to top Go down
LisaMnGirls

LisaMnGirls

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I dont know how much more I can take........   I dont know how much more I can take........ EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 11:03 pm

Thanks ladies!!!

And thats not shit Jo....I agree! I dont think Jess likes being a baby, and I feel guilty for wanting her to hurry up and become more active so she can interact better with us all.

Amanda...were exactly the same....I now realise that Isla was a very easy baby, and pretty much fell into a lovely routine...she slept through from 8 weeks, and by 12 weeks she was doing 12hrs.

Laura...A musical bug thing is the one thing that will get her to sleep at night, but she just doesnt stay asleep.

Ive tried giving her a little bit of rice of an evening, but shes not ready for it yet, she doesnt 'get' the spoon at all.....she takes loads of milk in the day (but generally cluster feeds from 2-3pm onwards)

I cant believe though how quick Jess is growing compared to Isla though, could this be an issue (random I know).....Isla grew very slowly and steadily, where as Jess is absolutely flying!!!

Because ive had one that is easy, I feel lke im getting something very wrong with Jess!! Or that im not making her happy.....x
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I dont know how much more I can take........   I dont know how much more I can take........ EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 11:08 pm

Thats exactly how i feel too, thats part reason why i am mixed feeding hoping to fill her but TBH its not made a massive difference to her at all.

after weeks of tearing my hair out i am just trying to let it wash over me i feel bad for walking around saying JUST SHUT UP FOR 5 MIN PLEASE!!!! but i have to now leave her to cry for a little while cos i cant do a thing otherwise!

I hope things improve for you Lisa (for us both) its been bloody hard this time around and i can safely say NEVER EVER again lol
Back to top Go down
LisaMnGirls

LisaMnGirls

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I dont know how much more I can take........   I dont know how much more I can take........ EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 12:55 am

Me too Jo.....at 4 months last time I was bleating on and on about more babies, but this time I want Chris to go for the snip - lol xxx

I love her with all my heart, but cant wait till we can interact a little so at the very least she may enjoy being entertained then xxx

P.s I too feel horrendously bad for saying 'Jess, please SHUT UP - fgs'
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I dont know how much more I can take........   I dont know how much more I can take........ EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 12:56 am

Have you tried white noise hon, C was never diagnosed with colic as such but she had reflux and would often get colicky,things i foundhelpful were swaddling forcomfort as she had a strong startle reflex, white noise, singing (even now Baby Mine soothes her)

I had a sound machine that made noises and the rain ad white noise settin used to soothe her, you can get em cheap on amazon, also theres a vibrating cushion thing thats meant to be great and if i end up with anoter refluxer im def getting it this time. I have a load of disney mp3s that are very soothing and if you wanna try em i can email em to you to burn onto cd. Also used a swaddlepod which is like a bg sock towrap her when she was fractious as it allows some movement and less stessful to little joints. I had to swaddle her til nearly 5months in the end. Also found sleeping her headup helped with some books under the cot feet as did a sleep positioner that put her on her left side.

Does carrying help and have you tried doing bits round house with her in a sling? Are you bfing? If not have you tried a comfort formula? If she doesnt yet get the spoon what about a bit of cereal/rice in her bedtime milk or abedtime formula (cant remember if they do them under 6mos im afraid).

Sorry i cant think of much else at mo but if do will add it. Sorry if its repetetive or no use
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I dont know how much more I can take........   I dont know how much more I can take........ EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 12:59 am

I dont know how much more I can take........ 466645 xxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
LisaMnGirls

LisaMnGirls

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I dont know how much more I can take........   I dont know how much more I can take........ EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 1:24 am

Mario - You are an angel !!!

Y'know id done a lot of those things you said with Isla......but had completely forgot!!!

I stopped swaddling Jess at 3mths thinking I was doing more harm than good, but I am defo gonna try one of those swaddle thingy me jigs!!

Id also stopped carrying her about in a sling after the colic passed, but am going to restart that too.

And funnily enough, I just 'won' (a few days ago) a MARPAC sound machine for her room. (and black outs are going up this weekend!!)

The only thing I cant change is her milk, as shes on prescription milk (enfamil ar for silent reflux), and weve already got bed tilted.

But really Mario....Thankyou!! Even for just a kick up the arse to try a few things xxxxx
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I dont know how much more I can take........   I dont know how much more I can take........ EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 1:48 am

She sounds a lot like c was then hon and silent ornot the heartburn hurts the poor wee mites. Gt her sleeping on left ina positioner, want meto post you mine? Will keep her wee tummy under her oespohagus.

Head up is good, Go to amazon and google sawddling - the swaddlepod is one option and you can get em on ebay but a friend had a lot of joy with a woombie and summer infant are now doing a cheaper versionof it and itsalso not frowned on as much as a traditional swaddle as it allows sight movement. If you wanna swaddle tradiionally google aussie swaddle as its an alternative method with some allowance for arm movement and c used to like it.

Will see if got sleep positioner and a swaddle pod left upstairs when i search later as about to give up on c ever falling asleep. Also google infant reflux and theres a couple ofsites ithink littlerefluxers.com is the one i used and gave loads of good ideas i may have missed. C also liked her swing and vibrating chair when she used tobe fractious.

C was also on enfamil but found sitting her upright for 30-60 mins after a feed settled a lot of symptoms too. Good luckhoney,pm me ifyou need to talk, i remember how terrible it was all too well xxx
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I dont know how much more I can take........   I dont know how much more I can take........ EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 1:58 am

Sounds like callum when he was younger when he was awake which was near enough all the time apart frm 9pm till 3am but the rest of the time he didnt stop crying couldnt do anything must be so much harder for you as you have isla aswell.
All i can say is it got so much better frm 6months hopefully it wont be long for you hang in there xx
sending you hugs xxx
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I dont know how much more I can take........   I dont know how much more I can take........ EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 4:27 am

Just a thought, but is she in a cot yet?

Aimee would be awful for waking herself up in the night in her Moses basket and when we moved her to the cot at 3 months she slept through x
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I dont know how much more I can take........   I dont know how much more I can take........ EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 6:08 am

When Lewis was really screaming i used to put the hoover on, it would stop him crying straight away. I also have a sound machine and have in on the rain setting at night x
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I dont know how much more I can take........   I dont know how much more I can take........ EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 6:18 am

Lisa..some babies are just born cranky. Maky was/is one of the most unsettled kids born unto us! LOL..If you can rule out all the physical reasons, and bubs is still being miserable...there is not much you can do, other than invest in some ear plugs. There is light at the end of the tunnel, they do grow up and seem to get better with each passing month. Just know you ain't alone in this..so many parents have cranky assed babies that drive us insane. Hugs to you missus! xxx
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I dont know how much more I can take........   I dont know how much more I can take........ EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:58 am

ahh hun i am with u on this one too. i remember when alfie was born i moaned that all e did is cry. its like i didnt get to enjoy the baby times as he was so miserable and cried all the time i just felt miserable and c ouldnt wait for him to grow bigger!!! it does get better with time tho. hopefully sooner rather than later x
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I dont know how much more I can take........   I dont know how much more I can take........ EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 9:52 am

Ooooooh what jen says remids me, buy a copy of the baby whisperer and use her forum too, very helpful
Back to top Go down
Emmylou

Emmylou

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I dont know how much more I can take........   I dont know how much more I can take........ EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:33 am

Hi Lisa, not read full post so it may have been suggested, but what about a baby swing, they generally have melodies and mobiles, not so much to sleep but too soothe! My middle one was as good as gold but bored easily Sad I got a swing off of eBay and used to part sit him up so he could watch everything going on but the music soothed. Have you putting the tv on for her. All my kids need background noise, radio tv etc..
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I dont know how much more I can take........   I dont know how much more I can take........ EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:04 am

Have every sympathy for you hun. I think all you mummys with 2+ are amazing. Caitlin was a crier but I only had her to cope with. Hope its just a wee phase. x
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I dont know how much more I can take........   I dont know how much more I can take........ EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 12:42 pm

i can only mirror what has been said in the way of advice... so instead

I dont know how much more I can take........ HugeHugs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: I dont know how much more I can take........   I dont know how much more I can take........ Empty

Back to top Go down

I dont know how much more I can take........

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
I dont know how much more I can take........ Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
I dont know how much more I can take........ Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
I dont know how much more I can take........ Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
I dont know how much more I can take........ Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
I dont know how much more I can take........ Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
I dont know how much more I can take........ Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
I dont know how much more I can take........ Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
I dont know how much more I can take........ Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
I dont know how much more I can take........ Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
I dont know how much more I can take........ Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
I dont know how much more I can take........ Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
I dont know how much more I can take........ Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
I dont know how much more I can take........ Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
I dont know how much more I can take........ Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
I dont know how much more I can take........ Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???