Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Potties

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Mario

Edit MY profile

Potties _
PostSubject: Potties   Potties EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 11:34 pm

Well im still standing my ground with my family on not potty training c yet but i have been and bought her a potty just to have round house as shes starting to show interest in toilet matters.

When i go for a wee she follows me and points saying wee wee, wee wee. A few times she brought me a nappy to change her or pulled at her trousers when her bums been wet or dirty. And if i ask her if she needs her nappy changed she goes and starts climbing the stairs to her room to get to her changing unit so maybe in a few months she might be ready i dunno.

I had bought just a lil cheap potty ive left around house for a few months to acclimatise her to it but it seemed to throw her as she wants to sit on it when i go wee wee to copy me but its ever so low to the floor and she refuses to squat onto it and tries to step into it instead. I tried to show her she could sit on it and she got ever so mad. So ive bought a fisher price one that looks like a little toilet and later can be used as a step stool and ive also bought a little ladder with a seat on it that goes on own toilet which ive put in the cupboard for the future.

Whats everyone else using? And how did they decide the time was right when they eventually did
Back to top Go down
Vicki

Vicki

About Me!
My Name: Vicki
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Potties _
PostSubject: Re: Potties   Potties EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 3:24 am

i have got the a fisher price one that looks like a toilet too it talks and plays song too and it adapts into a seat for the loo when she is older, i cought it about march time just to have around for her to get used to it, she has been going on it for about 3 months but she is still too young i think to tell me before she goes and ends up saying potty as she is doing business in her nappy! lilly didnt like the plain ones either as they are really low and the fisher price one she can sit on fine.
i think its each to their own really, each child is ready at diff times and they have their prefrences too.
sounds like you have got it all sorted, whats the one with the ladder for when she is older? im intrigued!!
hope your doing ok, are you going to find out the sex of no2? xxxx
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Potties _
PostSubject: Re: Potties   Potties EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 7:51 pm

Wil has the babybjorn one that is like a armchair but he thinks it a step climbing on his toybox. I have the potette plus portable potty/ trainer seat from Boots in each bathroom and he uses that quite happily when I put him on there.
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Potties _
PostSubject: Re: Potties   Potties EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 1:47 am

We had exactly the same problem with the pottys. We got him a little cheep on that we just had round the house, just introducing him to it. He hated sitting on it though, he too has long legs and he hated squatting..he looked so uncomfortable and would rather stick both feet in and balance Rolling Eyes Laughing

We got him a chair type one, and he seemed to take to that quite well, although he does only stand to pee now.

We have also got him one of these for the loo which is brilliant (they have different designs and quite good price)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Child-Soft-Padded-Toilet-Seat-Potty-Training-Blue-Circ-/160485043583?pt=UK_Baby_Potty_Training&hash=item255da76d7f
He loves this as he see's us on the loo, so he feels all grown up.

But since all this - he has finally taken to his cheepy potty Laughing sods law eh?!
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Potties _
PostSubject: Re: Potties   Potties EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 1:54 am

well the chairs arrived and she likes putting the lid up and down on it like mummy and daddy do on the toilet and when we leave the room she waves bye bye to it but i showed her you could sit on it like a toilet and she just got annoyed again so shes obviously not ready yet and needs time to feel used to it all so ive just left it in the loo next to the big toilet and shes doing her own thing playing with the lid when im having a wee. im sure she will sit on it when she is ready. shes intrigued by the ladder and seat but not keen on it when its actually on the toilet so again going to put it away and leave it for a few months and then revisit the idea, shes happy enough in nappies anyway and im happy with the status quo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Potties _
PostSubject: Re: Potties   Potties Empty

Back to top Go down

Potties

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk :: Potty Training-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Potties Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Potties Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Potties Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Potties Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Potties Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Potties Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Potties Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Potties Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Potties Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Potties Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Potties Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Potties Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Potties Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Potties Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Potties Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words