Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Dummies, Potties and Speech.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

Dummies, Potties and Speech. _
PostSubject: Dummies, Potties and Speech.   Dummies, Potties and Speech. EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 10:44 pm

I feel like i should be putting more effort into Sam to get him interested in potty training, rid of the dummy and talking.

Hes not at all interested in the potty, not at all, he will happily sit on the potty or toilet then poo on the floor Laughing knows when he has done something in his nappy, but he is not at all interested, am not really worried about it as i always feel they will do it when they are ready but i also dont encourage him to use the potty.

The dummy, well......i did get him off it for a full week and he wasnt bothered and never asked for it not even at bedtime, but then my friends hubby gave him one and since then he has been a nightmare!! Has to carry at least 2 around and constantly has one stuck in his mouth, screams for it etc Rolling Eyes

And talking, he is getting loads better to be fair, but i honestly dont think he feels the need to talk, he has 2 brothers and a sister to do it for him! He says loads of things now but not too clearly, and doesnt string more than 3 words at once together. Again not really worried as all my boys have been slow talkers but omg how frustrating when he wants something and i cant tell what hes saying!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Dummies, Potties and Speech.   Dummies, Potties and Speech. EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 10:52 pm

Tylers exactly the same hun, the potty training well he pats his nappy when he needs to go but won't sit on the potty, he doesn't want to. Id rather not push him so just leave him to it, I ask him if he wants to use it and more often than not he shakes his head so i leave it.

dummy, Tyler was really good only having it for naps but when I changed his nursery he ended up having it all the time and now he's always got it.. im just going to try and cut down it's use till its just sleep times and then see what happens!

as for talking, Tylers like Sam too he doesn't talk, he doesn't string words together he can say lots of things when you ask him too but he doesn't really use them often, he picks one word and uses it all the time for a few days then stops and learns something else... the word for the weekend was more! he is probably just taking it all in hun my little sister was the same she wouldn't talk until one day she cam out with the alphabet and we haven't been able to shut her up since pmsl.

I think you are doing the right thing in letting him sort himself out theres no point stresing you and him out by pushing these things Smile
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Dummies, Potties and Speech.   Dummies, Potties and Speech. EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 6:20 pm

H is the same although only has dummy at bed time he never has it during the day. His speech is getting better but cant prounounce words well. As for potty he isnt ready i dont think x
Back to top Go down
Char

Char

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Dummies, Potties and Speech.   Dummies, Potties and Speech. EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 6:30 pm

Lesh I don't worry about potty training yet as munch only just started as for a dummy she constantly has one even thou I don't like her having it I'm not guna tKe it away from her as I do t see problem and I would be a hypocrite as I had one at night till I was 5 may just get her to have it only a night after her birthday
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Dummies, Potties and Speech.   Dummies, Potties and Speech. EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 9:21 pm

Potty - Caitlin has no notion of using. She will sit on it but only with a nappy on - screams if you put her bare bum on it. Squeals if you try and lift her on toilet too. She knows her cousin who is 5 mths older uses the toilet but she doesnt care, well she does lie down quickly to get her nappy changed before she comes over to play - I think she is starting to realise that she should be using toilet & is a bit embarrassed being change in front of other kids but still is scared. Im waiting another 6 weeks or so and then will try a day or 2 in pants. If she ends up having constant accidents im going to leave it again for a month or 2. Its not wish pushing her & I wont be worrying about it until she nearer 3 (though really want her trainned before Dec!)

Dummy - Caitlin still has one at naps and bedtime. I cant imagine her not having it then and am not even going to try and take it off her for sleeps. During the day she shouldnt have it but always seems to find one. I do take it off her most of the time but there are times when she is so grouchy I take the easy way out and let her keep it for half an hr while I do something. Gona have to address that actually. When she's doesnt have dummy and is playing/out and about she doesnt even miss it.

Speech - Caitlins came on so much since about 18-20months. I have no real concerns as she is stringing sentences together and most of the time I know exactly what she wants, she knows most nouns (that she needs to!), all her colours etc so i think her speech is quite good atm. My friends boy is 8 weeks older though and maybe only knows 20-30 words. They are all so different and I think boys tend to be slower, especially with speech and potty.

I think Sam sounds fine! Tbh the only thing thats within your control is taking the dummy away. Might help his speech too. If Caitlins had her dummy for too long in the day she does become lazy and slurs her speech. Its nearly impossible to make out what she saying when she has one in!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Dummies, Potties and Speech.   Dummies, Potties and Speech. Empty

Back to top Go down

Dummies, Potties and Speech.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Dummies, Potties and Speech. Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Dummies, Potties and Speech. Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Dummies, Potties and Speech. Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Dummies, Potties and Speech. Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Dummies, Potties and Speech. Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Dummies, Potties and Speech. Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Dummies, Potties and Speech. Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Dummies, Potties and Speech. Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Dummies, Potties and Speech. Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Dummies, Potties and Speech. Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Dummies, Potties and Speech. Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Dummies, Potties and Speech. Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Dummies, Potties and Speech. Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Dummies, Potties and Speech. Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Dummies, Potties and Speech. Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words