Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE _
PostSubject: 3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE   3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 2:59 am

I had my 3d scan, which was great (will pop on pics when Aimee is in bed).

BUT....

She took the measurements of the baby at the end and she said that she her head is measuring at 36 weeks pale and the rest of her is measuring 35.5 weeks, which is 2 week bigger than I should be. She said that she is currently looking at a weight of 6lb (if you look at my ticker I am only 33.5 weeks!!!!)!!!!!!!!!!!! pale affraid pale affraid pale

It didnt help that she nearly fell of her chair when measuring the head and I had to force the size of it out of her!

So, she has told me to mention this to my midwife at my next appt (which is a week on Tuesday).

Has anybody experienced this? Also, surely they wont let me go two weeks over if I have such a fatty already?

x

Last edited by Laura on Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE   3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:07 am

Not experienced that Laura - you sure there is no chance you could be further than you ever thought?
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE   3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:10 am

I wish there was Lisa, but I had early scans as I was having brown d/c so no chance. I have had scans at 6, 8.5, 12 and 20 weeks - plus the 16 and 21 week heart scans (although they didnt measure baby then).

Gulp! You saw the size of me at the Bham meet - I cant squeeze a 10lb baby out of my foof! affraid

x
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE   3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:13 am

Shocked

I am feeling a bit more glad that we maybe can't afford a 3D scan this time...

All I would say is that, as you know, baby comes when their ready - so size-wise you may go early anyway (with the pressure of things down there etc.)

Also, i'm guessing it's the +2weeks that's a worry, whereas the differnece of 0.5 between body & head is within the normal range?

Would MW go by your bump measurements? Wouldn't she be able to tell from that if you were measuring significantly bigger? I always get confused when people say they're going for a growth scan but always figured it was as a result of MW's checks, as they don't do any other than 12 + 20 as standard?

Falling off her chair can't have helped though 3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE 548646 xx
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE   3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:21 am

Grace, yeah, its the +2 weeks and the 6lb already that is making me panic! I am measuring 1 week ahead on the mw tape measure (although im not sure if it was accurate last time as Aimee was screaming her head off at her).

The scan today was a 3D private one that we paid for, and while they were waiting for the DVD to finish, they just decided to do measurements, so it was a bit of a fluke that I had the measurements done really.

x
Back to top Go down
Emmylou

Emmylou

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE   3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:24 am

I got a 9lb 12ox'er out of mine - my best friends daughter was 10lb 2.... you could join "The bucket Crutch Society" we belong to Laughing Laughing
You'll be fine.!!
I was told Hayden was at about 9lb at 35 weeks went for sizing scan as I literally shit myself after no2 baby was 9lb 12oz... He was scanned at 37 weeks at 6lb 5oz. I had him at 40+9 at 8lb 12oz bounce
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE   3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:27 am

Laura wrote:
(although im not sure if it was accurate last time as Aimee was screaming her head off at her).

3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE 89354 Sounds about right Smile

When is your next MW appt? I'd deff make a point of it and get her to double check with measuring tape?! xx
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE   3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:29 am

what are you measuring at your mw appointments? don't panic!
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE   3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:34 am

I am measuring 1 week ahead by the tape measure and my next appt is a week on Tuesday, when I will be 35 weeks.

The sonographer said that the midwife may want to get me tested for GD x
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE   3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:37 am

If you're worried bring MW appt forward? Hope it's nothing - like you say it's fluke you were told - although it could be a good thing to get you and bubs checked xx
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE   3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:40 am

Yeh I can see why they think GD, have you had any other symptoms?

• increased thirst
  • needing to urinate often
  • feeling tired
Which can be normal in pregnancy anyway!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE   3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:46 am

Yeah, I have all of those, but like you say, they are normal in pregnancy, so it isnt something that has worried me. I dont have any of the reasons prior to getting pregnant that would make me a high risk, like overweight, family history, etc.

Very strange.

Two sonographers double checked the measurements today too, so they were defo spot on.

My mw is on holiday this week so I may as well just wait until my appointment the week after.

Jeez, I do hope she follows up on it though... I dont think I can spend 6-8 weeks worrying that this baby is going to be HUGE!

x
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE   3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:51 am

Am i going mad i swear i replied to this? Suspect
Back to top Go down
emmaXx

emmaXx

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE   3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 4:01 am

try not to worry about measurement hunny it doesnt always reflect the wieght ..amelies measurements where put on the below avergae scales on her scan they said she would be teeny and no bigger than 6lb..which for me was worrying as my first too where big babies!! i knew she was big but they wouldnt listen Sad

so i had 4 scans to doucble check her and health because of sons health problems at birth ..and they where determined she was gonna be tiny.. by her measure ments .. Well she was 10lb 7oz and im only 5 foot 3
Back to top Go down
max83

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE   3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 4:40 am

Hi hun, i had a 3d/4d scan when i was exactly 27 weeks and baba was measuring 2 weeks ahead which wasn't conserning but thought i would mention it at the midwife's a week later and she went all snotty on us.

Said that the measurments from 3d scans are nothing near as accurate as your first dating scan(although they got mine wrong by a week) and that it isn't medical at all and too take no notice.
She then said the only way to gt a good estimate is by measuring Head/stomach/ leg and that would give ya the best measurment. I then said well thats what he did and she basically went a bit crazy and said that these scans are all for our benifit and nothing like the nhs.

Think she fell out the wrong side of the bed that morning... Plus the oh thought that she was male when we first walked in lol.
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE   3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 4:57 am

They did do the head, stomach and leg measurements as the ladies who do it are sonographers are our local hospital, but they also have their own business doing the 2d/3d ones.

I think my mw will be ok when I see her, I just need to make sure she listens to my concerns rather than fobbing me off.

My main concern is that they will leave me to go 14 days past my due date which will take me to 21st Dec... then the baby will be way too big to be born naturally, meaning they will give me a c section and I wont get home for Xmas with Aimee. I would be devastated Sad x
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE   3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 5:13 am

Dont think that far ahead hon you will drive yourself nuts with worry. Is there a mw covering yours. Ring and ask for some advice, they may bring your appt forward for a check and maybe a GD test or they may say its ok to wait til your next appt and make a decision then.

Even if you wait til 36 for the already booked appt isnt end of world as they wouldnt induce you before full term unless totally necc anyway but its worth speaking to someone to put your mind at ease between now and then.
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE   3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 5:19 am

I wouldn't worry too much Laura. When I had a growth scan at 34 weeks they said that Amelia was going to be really big as her tummy measurement was off the chart! She was 11 days late and 7lb 15.5oz so not the heffer predicted. Deffo have words with your MW and voice your concerns re C section etc. I'm sure everything will be fine xxxxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE   3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 6:05 am

Thank you for all of the advice. It does make me feel a little better that they can be a bit out with the scans.

Hopefully she will either a) come a week or so early or b) not be as big.

I am not missing Xmas at home with my little princess!

x
Back to top Go down
Wriggler

Wriggler

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE   3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 6:09 am

Hey,

When i was having Sophie i had a scan at 32-33 weeks and i cant remember what her measurements were but she was about 6lb 3oz at the time and she ended up coming 6 days overdue, 8lb 11oz Smile she was long and skinny but she still fitted newborn clothes for about 4 weeks Smile

Dont know if that is what you wanted to hear but Sophie was definately an easier birth than Andrew dispite her being bigger, Andrew was only 7lb 8oz Smile
Back to top Go down
Kinkyangel

Kinkyangel

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE   3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 7:05 am

I had a growth scan last week and got another on 2nd nov as this little monkey is measuring 2 weeks ahead on his tummy and head! Will get the measurements I got from scan on here tomorrow as I am in bed atm! They estimated his weight at 5lb 9 if I remember right! I am at MW on Friday so will get her to check on tape as last time she did I was 2 weeks behind, but think that's cause of weight I have lost!!

Will let you know what I find out Laura! We not only have matching dates but it also seems like these babies are gonna be big ones too!!

Xxxx
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE   3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 7:26 am

I dont trust scans for weight. Caitlin was predicted to be about 6lb and came out at 8lb. (I dont mean baby going to be 2lb heavier so please dont panic Smile ) Scans are a rough estimate. Caitlins head always measured about a week ahead of tummy and in the end she was quite skinny and her head was 91st centile. I think it was her skinny waist made them think she would be light.

Hopefully they wont have a problem inducing you on due date if you ask. I had BP probs but never went as far as pre-e and they were happy to start sweeping me 2/3 wks before I was due (sore & pointless imo) and start induction process the night of my due date. Hopefully your consultant/MW will agree. x
Back to top Go down
xemplus2x

xemplus2x

About Me!
My Name: Emma
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE   3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 7:43 am

Hey laur please please please don't worry!!!!

I had growth scans they told me she was 7&1/2lb 3&1/2 weeks ago said shed be 9lb at least full term. I lost so much sleep over it, even when in labour it's all u could think about. Even tho she was 5days early I still was expecting nearly 9lb. But they got it totaly wrong!! Heard so Many stories they get it wrong.
She also had a big head so they said at scans, but her head was normal & only 1cm bigger than lillies.

Soo many I know Been told having big babies or big heads & born only few lbs.

So don't worry hun I know it's hard not to. But if you mention it to your Mw they might just not let you go over. I was going to be induced 5days over.
X x
Back to top Go down
claireh77

claireh77

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE   3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 8:33 am

Laura wrote:
My main concern is that they will leave me to go 14 days past my due date which will take me to 21st Dec... then the baby will be way too big to be born naturally, meaning they will give me a c section and I wont get home for Xmas with Aimee. I would be devastated Sad x

This was my concern last year - that i'd be in for xmas.
If it came to the worst i think you would be out for xmas as my c section went totally wrong and i was quite ill and i still went home on day 3 (c section on the tuesday am and out on the thurs evening!)
you might have to take it easy and get someone else to cook the xmas dinner though!
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE   3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 4:47 am

I decided to call my midwife team today (as my mw is on holiday) and she said that I need to go to the drop in midwife clinic this week so that they can check me over and refer me for a growth scan at the hospital to confirm my private scan.

xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: 3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE   3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE Empty

Back to top Go down

3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
3D Scan Update - Help!! - UPDATE Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words