Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

big bed and buying a potty

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Char

Char

Edit MY profile

big bed and buying a potty _
PostSubject: big bed and buying a potty   big bed and buying a potty EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 8:18 am

im so confussed of what to do!
! i wana try caitlin in her big girls bed soon but my mum said not to as she wriggles alot still and loads of kiddys caitlins age are in beds now and i asked my mum when i need to buy a potty just for caitlin to get used to it and not be scared of it and she said not for another year!!
can any of you give me any help? Anyone?
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: big bed and buying a potty   big bed and buying a potty EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 9:05 am

I have had a potty for ages - just like you I thought just for her to see it around and not think what the hell is that when the time comes! I just got a cheap one from Ikea

Re the bed - personally I think keep them in the cot until you think they are going to get out - Izzy is only nearly 18 months and so close to falling out - so she is moving at 18 months when her new room is ready (cant fit a bed in her tiny nursery!)

Its what you feel happy with - your mum has her reasons but they are your babies you should do it if and when you feel happy!
x
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
jessicar1990

jessicar1990

About Me!
My Name: Jessica

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: big bed and buying a potty   big bed and buying a potty EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 11:26 pm

hi, sophie has had a potty since she was about 10 months, maybe earlier, she actually did quite a few wees on it. it was only about £2 from boots! sorry i have no experience with beds...\ except mine lol
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: big bed and buying a potty   big bed and buying a potty EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 2:05 am

I bought Amelia a potty just before she was 1. It makes a great hat! Sometimes she'll show a bit of interest in it and othertimes she avoids it. Same as most of her things.

MIL kept going on at me that she had all 3 of her's out of nappies by 1 which I just think is bloody ridiculous. No child can accurately communicate their needs, nor physically hold it when they need to go at that age. I think my OH actually has problems now because he was out of nappies FAR FAR too early. By problems I mean if he needs to go then he can think of nothing else and we have to find a loo, he has a bladder like a gnat!

I've just always tried to point out to Amelia when she's going for a poop or a wee. I'm hoping that she'll pick up on it. I'm not going to actively try to potty train her until she can communicate with me, so probably about 2. They're all different and I used to look after kids that were dry at 18 months and others were only getting there at 3. Definitely no rush, just take it at a speed you're both comfortable with.

As for big beds I'm thinking Amelia will be close to 2 when I put her in one, she moves about soooooooooo much in her sleep, and I could see her falling out/climbing out frequently! At the moment she shows no interest in getting out of her cot, in fact some mornings she refuses to be lifted out of it! She loves her cot. x
Back to top Go down
emmaXx

emmaXx

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: big bed and buying a potty   big bed and buying a potty EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 2:09 am

ahh hun amelie is still in her cot.. although she does need a bed as she can climb out of it.. but amelie also wriggles so much in night!! there is a quilt cover that is like the grow bags im trying to get hold of that may hopefully keep her at least one end of bed lol xx as for potty mine never used them they went straight for toilet when ready x
Back to top Go down
michellenevan

michellenevan

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: big bed and buying a potty   big bed and buying a potty EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:50 pm

i have bought evan a potty already but purely jst so he can get used to he is no where near close to even being potty trained and i wont be potty training him until he can understand when he needs to pee or poo! jst now if he has done a poo and i ask if he has done a poo he jst laughs
Back to top Go down
ElleahKyle2

ElleahKyle2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: big bed and buying a potty   big bed and buying a potty EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 7:26 am

Buy a bed when you feel its the right time for your baby, I had a bed ready for my son just before he turned 2 as he was constantly climbing out of his cot and it just felt like the right time, go by your own childs needs, if she isn't climbing out and not too big for her cot then leave her in it as long as possible, otherwise she will just keep getting out of her bed and drive you mad!

Potty - well same again do it when you want to, I have always been eagre with potty training as I hate nappies, so I did have my son dry by 18 months and by 2yrs through the night. My daughter has just turned 15 months and I have had the potty around for months, with odd occasional pea in it, but she is definately showing more interest in it this past week, she indicated to me 3 times today to sit on it, unfortunatley only managed 1 pea in the potty, 1 on the floor, and 1 was obviously a bluff nothing came out lol! I do however have a seat that goes on the toilet and she likes to sit on that just before she has a bath, but she does see my son sitting on the loo so may just be a novelty with that one.

Don't feel pressurised into doing what "everyone" else is doing take it at yours and her pace there is no rush she is only 21months xxx
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: big bed and buying a potty   big bed and buying a potty EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:20 pm

Well as you know (from the pic of Libby in a rediculous position 'on' her bed) Libby is in a big bed, she's been in it now for hmmm a couple of months maybe? And TBH I was petrified but she has done brilliantly with it. She too is such a wriggler and I was worried she would fall out etc. he fell out 4 times in total at the beginning but didn't cry so it didn't hurt her.

As for her potty, we've had a couple kicking about for about 6 months, she knows what it's for an will grab it and say wee wee but unfortunately it's usually just AFTER shes had one Rolling Eyes We have managed to get her to use it a few times but we're not pushing her at all, just letting her get used to it.

Like alot of ladies have said, I personally think there is no set time for any children they are all different, you do things when YOU feel they are ready Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: big bed and buying a potty   big bed and buying a potty EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 7:53 pm

Wil has a potty and also goes on the toilet if I catch him pulling his poo face, generally he gives me enough warning to grab him and run to the toilet before he does it but it is driven by me taking him rather than him telling me he needs to go. Getting him on the toilet is preferable to a dirty nappy because he hates being changed and will do anything to get away mid change Twisted Evil which usually results in poo in bad places.

As for the bed we will be leaving it a while. Wil slept in a bed when we went to my FIL's caravan because there isn't really space for a cot and it was a nightmare because he kept falling out and we couldn't just leave him to fall asleep on his own. I agree with some of the others that unless she is climbing out of the cot, which is more dangerous than falling out of bed, or you need the cot for the next one keep her in the cot until you are confident she is ready.

As for your mum - leave her to it this is your family not hers.
My MIL started potty training at 3 weeks supposedly but OH still isn't particularly competent on the toilet at 33 years Lots of smiles
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: big bed and buying a potty   big bed and buying a potty Empty

Back to top Go down

big bed and buying a potty

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk :: Potty Training-
Latest topics
» Spotting
big bed and buying a potty Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
big bed and buying a potty Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
big bed and buying a potty Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
big bed and buying a potty Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
big bed and buying a potty Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
big bed and buying a potty Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
big bed and buying a potty Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
big bed and buying a potty Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
big bed and buying a potty Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
big bed and buying a potty Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
big bed and buying a potty Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
big bed and buying a potty Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
big bed and buying a potty Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
big bed and buying a potty Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
big bed and buying a potty Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words