Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
*ShevAndLissieLou*

*ShevAndLissieLou*

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!  _
PostSubject: Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!    Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!  EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 11:34 pm

Hi ladies, I have a home doppler and was listening into bubs last night. In the minute that I was listening in twice her HB slowed right down for about 5 secs and then sped back up again. Has anyone else experienced this?? Is it normal??

I have left a message on my MW's voicemail so im waiting for a call back, but she may not get back to me until tomorrow morning and its praying on my mind.

She has also been kicking away fine this morning, so im sure she's ok! Matt thinks its where she's wriggling and the doppler isn't picking up all the beats?? Hmmmm xx

Last edited by xXSiobhanAndNo1Xx on Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!    Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!  EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 11:42 pm

hi hun. i used one alot until i cud feel him moving. is it possible that the baby moved towards your back so it cudnt be picked up as well? im sure everything will be ok - sometimes the dopplers do scare ya. my midwife hated me using mine!!

x
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!    Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!  EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 11:44 pm

i didnt have one, but i remember when i was monitored a lot (although later on at 34/35 weeks+) elijahs heartrate would vary massively, and would get really fast if he was moving and slow right down when he was asleep
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!    Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!  EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 12:02 am

I used one with both pregnancies.

She may have wiggled out of the way and you happened to pick up your heartbeat sound (its also down there and very close to bubs, lol) for a few seconds.

x
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!    Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!  EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 1:11 am

Hi hun. When I was monitored in Hospital (which was a lot) baby heartbeat would speed up when baby was moving then slow down again. It sounds normal xx
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!    Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!  EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 1:40 am

Does it have a display on it Siobhan? Ours doesn't (angel sounds one) so maybe it's harder to tell - but she always wriggles away from it / tries to kick it off, as did bean Rolling Eyes so we get a range of sounds going on - so although the rate sounds about the same it changes tone? Like from thumping to a pulsing to a double-beat train-track sound etc. - if that makes sense. scratch not sure that's any help Laughing you do right to phone if any concerns though xx
Back to top Go down
xemplus2x

xemplus2x

About Me!
My Name: Emma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!    Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!  EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 3:58 am

yeah holie did that and hers would speed right up I was panicing! but all normal as gets faster of active and then I would lose her but would come back just she had moved.
but ring if you have any concerns though, but im sure its fine. those dopplers are fab but yet they make you worry more lol xxx
Back to top Go down
*ShevAndLissieLou*

*ShevAndLissieLou*

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!    Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!  EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 4:37 am

Thanks ladies, well I spoke to the MW who was very very unsympathetic and unhelpful...she basically told me that even though no research has proved this that in her opinion using a home doppler once a day can cause a baby to be profoundly deaf because of ultrasound waves and that I should throw it in the bin.

So not only am I unreassured I am now panicking that by using it I will be harming my baby!

She did also say that I am quite welcome to pop over to MW Drop in Clinic tomorrow and get the MW to have a listen in!
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!    Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!  EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 4:39 am

you should pop in for peace of mind, from 30 weeks i was monitored at hospital for an hour a week because they were worried ava's heartbeat was elevated but as mari said when you see ithe chart over an hour an hour there's huge fluctuations, depending on what thy're doing in there i suppose.
Back to top Go down
*ShevAndLissieLou*

*ShevAndLissieLou*

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!    Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!  EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 4:51 am

The only thing is im not sure if I can get out of work tomorrow afternoon, I thought if I have a listen in tonight and its still the same then I might pop over, im just so annoyed at what she said xx
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!    Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!  EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 6:40 am

Oh FGS thats all you needed to hear - silly woman!!!!

If they were dangerous hun they wouldnt sell them, or they would have a warning on them.

As for the heartbeat, like Mari & Pinky, I was also monitored virtually weekly from about 34 weeks and Libbys heartbeat was always up and down, it would even go down to the 90's and then shoot straight back up to 150's.

xxx
Back to top Go down
xemplus2x

xemplus2x

About Me!
My Name: Emma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!    Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!  EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 6:53 am

Lillies was 200!!! I was in and out with her every other day nearly. But she was fine :0)

FFs hv and Mw need their heads banged together!!! How can you say something like that?? I used mine loads & hols hearing is fine!! Don't listen hun that's her opinion, don't listen!!
Back to top Go down
emmaXx

emmaXx

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!    Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!  EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 11:11 am

hi hun ..i had one with amelie and i used it every day .. i posted ths exact same question on other site lol.. it would be the normal horses galloping noise or the train noise then slow ot a very slow thump beat then all asudden it would be well fast.. x amelie is here safe and sound and with full hearing too!! ohh and another freaky thin i had when pg was that when i laid on my side and had hand under my belly i could feel a pulsating which freaked me right out not sure if it was my pusle or babys heart beating as i was very far gone and midwifes couldnt work out which it was either xx
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!    Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!  EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 7:03 pm

Thats a very stupid and irresponsible thing for her to say to you. There is research into the safety of dopplers and ultrasound in general at the moment particularly the prolonged scanning done in 3d or having extra scans but no causal links have been found at present so thats like saying to you if you have a couple of drinks during pregnancy your kid is going to be born with FAS. Without research its just blatent scaremongering when a woman is in a vulnerable position. Dont feel bad at all. As for the slowing down its probably movement related. xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!    Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!  Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!  Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!  Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!  Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!  Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!  Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!  Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!  Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!  Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!  Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!  Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!  Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Anyone that used a home doppler in pregnancy?? UPDATED!  Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words