Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Barnardos Big Toddle

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mario

Edit MY profile

Barnardos Big Toddle _
PostSubject: Barnardos Big Toddle   Barnardos Big Toddle EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 2:37 am

http://www.barnardos.org.uk/bigtoddle/

I wanna do this with C this year so I thought why not have a BANDA big toddle. Theres facilities to organise your own toddle so we could pick a date and a central location and all get toddling together to raise money for disadvantaged kids?

If theres enough interest im happy to do the event organising
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

Barnardos Big Toddle _
PostSubject: Re: Barnardos Big Toddle   Barnardos Big Toddle EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 2:39 am

I would def be interested in this xx
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Barnardos Big Toddle _
PostSubject: Re: Barnardos Big Toddle   Barnardos Big Toddle EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 2:39 am

Count Wil in. Can we do it at a weekend please.
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Barnardos Big Toddle _
PostSubject: Re: Barnardos Big Toddle   Barnardos Big Toddle EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 2:42 am

Yes will do a weekend probably a sunday im thinking so can rope my parents in to help lol!!!

June for me too if poss as most are may to june but wud like bit of healing time after sec
Back to top Go down
SuziandGracie

SuziandGracie

Edit MY profile

Barnardos Big Toddle _
PostSubject: Re: Barnardos Big Toddle   Barnardos Big Toddle EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 2:46 am

sounds good to me as we are dotted about why dont we have an organiser for each area i would be happy to do hampshire as i know dilly, kelly and a few others are near here so we could do one at hawley lakes or manor park thats lovely in the summer x
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Barnardos Big Toddle _
PostSubject: Re: Barnardos Big Toddle   Barnardos Big Toddle EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 3:37 am

Great Idea!

We'll do it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah

Edit MY profile

Barnardos Big Toddle _
PostSubject: Re: Barnardos Big Toddle   Barnardos Big Toddle EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 3:42 am

yeh I'm deffo up for it !!!! xx
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

Barnardos Big Toddle _
PostSubject: Re: Barnardos Big Toddle   Barnardos Big Toddle EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 3:43 am

What a fab idea xx
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Barnardos Big Toddle _
PostSubject: Re: Barnardos Big Toddle   Barnardos Big Toddle EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 3:47 am

I think the best thing to do is have a few dotted round like Suzi suggests - then one person can register that area and do the organising ..otherwise some people will have huge trips to get to a central location, and it may mean less of us feel like doing it!
It looks like you need to know how many toddling when you register, so probably best to see who wants to do what areas and then register when we know numbers? (I can set up a temporary forum in Groups and each area can have its own thread to discuss where/when etc)

Once the groups have been registered the participants can register online too and select which group they are going with.

We could have an online fundraising page too - probably easier to have one of these?

I'll nominate myself to arrange one for NorthWales/NorthWest/NorthMidlands kinda area...of course once we say a location people can pick which is best for them

The theme for the Big Toddle 2011 is animals

Toddlers can dress up as their favourite creature for the day and get
into the swing of things with animal themed activities.

Last edited by Lisa on Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Barnardos Big Toddle _
PostSubject: Re: Barnardos Big Toddle   Barnardos Big Toddle EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 3:50 am

OMG how exciting !!!!! ooooooh animal theme, great Very Happy Mario would you therefore be organising a south west/south wales one?? x
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Barnardos Big Toddle _
PostSubject: Re: Barnardos Big Toddle   Barnardos Big Toddle EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 4:22 am

Or there is the option of joining one of the pre arranged Barnardos
Toddles - hmm thinking this may be the better option? We could just meet at which ever one we decide is best for each area??

http://www.barnardos.org.uk/bigtoddle/big_toddle_info_for_event/big_toddle_joining_event.htm

Last edited by Lisa on Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

Barnardos Big Toddle _
PostSubject: Re: Barnardos Big Toddle   Barnardos Big Toddle EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 4:23 am

if we are going to do it by area i could see if i could get my toddler group involved too Smile
Back to top Go down
Miss B

Miss B

Edit MY profile

Barnardos Big Toddle _
PostSubject: Re: Barnardos Big Toddle   Barnardos Big Toddle EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 4:24 am

id deffo do this, but the scottish side seem to fall on its arse and no one meets now lol!!
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Barnardos Big Toddle _
PostSubject: Re: Barnardos Big Toddle   Barnardos Big Toddle EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 4:25 am

If people want individual areas thats fine but it kinda negates what i was trying to do

If we are just gonna go to our local areas then join a pre arranged one id say

I was trying to organise a mass banda meet in a relatively central location, but if we are going for seperate areas im just going to bristol instead of going to the hassle of organising something
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Barnardos Big Toddle _
PostSubject: Re: Barnardos Big Toddle   Barnardos Big Toddle EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 4:41 am

I just think that we have tried to do Central things before and lots of people don't come cos of the travel..and it just ends up as a central meet with centralish people!

I know what you mean and it would be great...but I think overall less would take part than if they met other Banda people at one local to them
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Barnardos Big Toddle _
PostSubject: Re: Barnardos Big Toddle   Barnardos Big Toddle EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 4:43 am

awww Mario, didnt mean to piss on your fire Sad I couldnt do more than a 2.5 hr journey in the car with Cerys Crying or Very sad I'm still up for it, whatever is decided xx
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Barnardos Big Toddle _
PostSubject: Re: Barnardos Big Toddle   Barnardos Big Toddle EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 4:54 am

I'm the same Leah, Izzy can just about cope with 2 hours if its nap time...otherwise its Hell! So I can see why people are unwilling to travel half way across the country when toddlers...tbh a plane trip is easier as they arent stuck in the car seat!
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Barnardos Big Toddle _
PostSubject: Re: Barnardos Big Toddle   Barnardos Big Toddle EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 5:40 am

Well id figured 2.5 hours to be a max for most people including myself but figred that would take most banda members to a centralish location-enlgish at least i knew the scots girls would have probs. I wont deny im disappointed as i was trying to do something a bit special but like i say before if ppl would rather do local meets thats fine.

In that case though id def say go to one of the pre organised ones as i dont really see the point of organising loads of toddles just for us guys may as well go to a banardos one and have fun in the atmosphere there. I will personally be going to bristol on 30th june n that case. We could all put up where we are going on this sticky maybe and post our blogs on after of how the day went and have a sticky in member photos for our big toddlers

Can still do the other part of my idea though if everyones willing. Was planning on setting up a justgiving webpage for banda to donate as a whole to barnardos. Figured if we either gave our donatees the url or collected the money ourselves then donated it onto the just giving site we could probably raise a grand forum total for barnados that might be something fairly special rather than a few quid from each of us-which would obviously still be great but would be nice to be able to say as a forum we raised £X for charity through our various walks. Also might be a little PR for the site for Lisa if we are giving donatees the justgiving site-though would only be giving the url out to people i didnt mind actually seeing banda!

Let me know what you feel
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Barnardos Big Toddle _
PostSubject: Re: Barnardos Big Toddle   Barnardos Big Toddle EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 5:43 am

we could still try for a central one, no harm in seeing who'd be up for it, - tbh I think Izzy wouldn't mind doing more than one at different places!
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

Barnardos Big Toddle _
PostSubject: Re: Barnardos Big Toddle   Barnardos Big Toddle EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 6:33 am

I'm up for it. Would bham be a good place for a central one? X
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Barnardos Big Toddle _
PostSubject: Re: Barnardos Big Toddle   Barnardos Big Toddle EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 6:45 am

Can you register for 2. Im looking into setting up a group fundraising page through the barnardos website. Seems all i have to do is set it up then you can all join with the group name

Its animal themed so hows about the BANDA Pandas???
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Barnardos Big Toddle _
PostSubject: Re: Barnardos Big Toddle   Barnardos Big Toddle EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 6:55 am

yay !!!! BANDA Panda's.........love it !!!! Mario, Cerys and I will join you in Bristol Very Happy Make a day of it x
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Barnardos Big Toddle _
PostSubject: Re: Barnardos Big Toddle   Barnardos Big Toddle EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 7:00 am

Cool i will register for brisol then and find c a panda costume. Might look into tshirts if anyone else is interested. Even if we do it by area we can all have photos of us as pandas
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Barnardos Big Toddle _
PostSubject: Re: Barnardos Big Toddle   Barnardos Big Toddle EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 7:04 am

cheapest so far Shocked

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fancy-Dress-Toddler-Panda-Costume-Playful-Panda-1-2-yrs-/130450043498?pt=UK_Clothes_Children_sFancyDress_RL&hash=item1e5f6db26a#ht_914wt_1135

Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Barnardos Big Toddle _
PostSubject: Re: Barnardos Big Toddle   Barnardos Big Toddle EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 7:06 am

Screw that ill make one. Whitw tshirt with black arms, black bottoms, face paint and ears rather n drop 18.99 lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Barnardos Big Toddle _
PostSubject: Re: Barnardos Big Toddle   Barnardos Big Toddle Empty

Back to top Go down

Barnardos Big Toddle

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Barnardos Big Toddle Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Barnardos Big Toddle Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Barnardos Big Toddle Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Barnardos Big Toddle Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Barnardos Big Toddle Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Barnardos Big Toddle Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Barnardos Big Toddle Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Barnardos Big Toddle Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Barnardos Big Toddle Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Barnardos Big Toddle Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Barnardos Big Toddle Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Barnardos Big Toddle Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Barnardos Big Toddle Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Barnardos Big Toddle Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Barnardos Big Toddle Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words