Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Am I allowed...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Mummy2aMiracle

Mummy2aMiracle

About Me!
My Name: Dilly
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

Am I allowed... _
PostSubject: Am I allowed...   Am I allowed... EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 2:59 am

Am I allowed to eat Pepperami's? It says on the packet smoked pasturised pork but I know I'm not allowed to eat salami (not sure why?!?) but this has been pasturised and smoked so would be cooked then I assume? Please say yes I am allowed to eat them as I REALLY want a super spicy Pepperami (the red ones)

Thank-you Dilly xxxxxx
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Am I allowed... _
PostSubject: Re: Am I allowed...   Am I allowed... EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 3:12 am

Hun, not sure but I'd Google it, isn't it a pest working out what you can and can't eat.

I really fancy colesaw, oh well not long now
Back to top Go down
Mummy2aMiracle

Mummy2aMiracle

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Am I allowed... _
PostSubject: Re: Am I allowed...   Am I allowed... EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 3:30 am

You can have coleslaw if you make it yourself using Helman's mayonnaise as that mayo is pasteurised Very Happy (think it is just sliced onion, carrots and cabbage mixed in with a good dollop of mayo) As long as the veg is properly washed and peeled as well (because of the germs in dirt) xxxxxx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

Am I allowed... _
PostSubject: Re: Am I allowed...   Am I allowed... EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 3:34 am

mayo and coleslaw is fine so long as its pasturised egg (so probably not from delis etc), pepperami is fine as far as i know it's just uncooked meats like chorizo and proper salami that are made with blood and aren't always pasturised - i am 99% sure pepperami is fine Smile
Back to top Go down
tattyT

tattyT

About Me!
My Name: tattyT

Edit MY profile

Am I allowed... _
PostSubject: Re: Am I allowed...   Am I allowed... EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 3:34 am

i always say when ur pregnant if u are craving it then go for it (as long as you dont eat LOADS) What did they do in the good olden days ate eggs, Liver nuts and all sorts Smile

A little bit of what u fancy does u good i say Smile
Back to top Go down
Mummy2aMiracle

Mummy2aMiracle

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Am I allowed... _
PostSubject: Re: Am I allowed...   Am I allowed... EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 3:43 am

When I was preg with Drew I still ate dippy eggs (eggs and soldiers) but made sure the hens were vaccinated 1st (not all eggs are the hens vaccinated against Salmonella) xxx
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare

Edit MY profile

Am I allowed... _
PostSubject: Re: Am I allowed...   Am I allowed... EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 9:12 am

thanks ladies, might get veggies the weekend to make some,as im off work for the week
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Am I allowed... _
PostSubject: Re: Am I allowed...   Am I allowed... EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 10:11 am

You cant eat salami????? God ive heard it all now. Feckin pregnancy police. Honestly give it 5 years they will have all pregnant women living on cardboard and water

Ive eaten runny eggs, coleslaw, salami, pate, blue cheese, peanuts and even allowed myself a few well spaced out alcoholic drinks this preg. Im so fed up of the ridiculous 'rules' of pregnancy. All in moderation and all occasionally. Only thing ive avoided is liver and i hate that anyway. Gawd u shud hear my mum going on about the current pregnancy guidelines she does her nut lol but im inclined to agree we are an overly germphobic society these days and allergies are on the rise. Quelle surprise

Anyway dilly id say go for it
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

Am I allowed... _
PostSubject: Re: Am I allowed...   Am I allowed... EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 8:45 pm

^ Laughing settle down lady! that's just what the guidelines a year ago said haha not the law Wink
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

Am I allowed... _
PostSubject: Re: Am I allowed...   Am I allowed... EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 9:30 pm

Just been reading on Babycentre and this is what they reckon you should eat:

Some cheeses and dairy products

• Cheeses with a white, mouldy rind, such as brie and camembert, and blue-veined cheeses. Also steer clear of unpasteurised soft cheeses, such as those made from sheep and goat's milk. All these cheeses could contain listeria bacteria. Listeria can cause an infection called listeriosis that may harm your baby.
  • Unpasteurised milk and dairy products made with unpasteurised milk aren't safe during pregnancy. They are more likely to contain bacteria that could give you food poisoning. You're more vulnerable to food poisoning while you're pregnant.

Eggs

• Raw or undercooked eggs can contain salmonella bacteria. Cook eggs until the yolk and white are firm. Don't eat mousse, ice cream and fresh mayonnaise from delis or restaurants as these may contain raw egg. However, salad dressings that you buy in supermarkets, such as mayonnaise, are usually made using pasteurised egg, so are safe to eat.

Meat

• Liver isn't safe to eat during pregnancy. However, all other fresh meats are fine. Just make sure you cook meat thoroughly until there are no pink bits in the centre and the juices run clear. Be extra careful when cooking meat on a barbecue, or as part of a microwavable ready meal.
  • It's best not to eat cured meats, such as parma ham and salami. These carry a risk of listeriosis and toxoplasmosis.
  • All pate, whether made from meat, fish or vegetables, may contain listeria bacteria, which can harm your baby.

Fish

• Oily fish is good for you and your baby, but it can contain environmental pollutants. So it's best to eat no more than two portions of oily fish a week.
  • Don't eat any shark, swordfish and marlin. These fish contain unsafe levels of naturally occurring mercury. Tuna contains some mercury too, so it's best you don't eat more than four medium-sized cans, or two fresh tuna steaks per week.
  • Raw shellfish isn't safe when you're pregnant, because it can cause food poisoning.

Drinks

• It's best not to have more than 200mg of caffeine a day. That’s two cups of instant coffee, two mugs of tea or five cans of cola a day. Drinking lots of caffeine during pregnancy has been linked to miscarriage and low birth weight. You could switch to decaffeinated drinks instead.
  • Government advice is that you stop drinking alcohol during pregnancy. If you want to drink during your pregnancy, don’t drink more than one or two units of alcohol, once or twice a week, and don't get drunk.

TBH really the only things I have actually cut out are the unpasteurised stuff (which unless you live on a farm, surely you cant buy anyway?) and liver/pate, although when my mum was pg with me and my bro she used to eat EVERYTHING on the list (and being German she ate ALOT of pate/salami etc.) and we're fine Very Happy xxx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

Am I allowed... _
PostSubject: Re: Am I allowed...   Am I allowed... EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 11:11 pm

maybe you should make that list into a sticky ^ although - i bet noone manages to stick to it in reality even if they really want to Laughing it's a bit all inclusive Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mummy2aMiracle

Mummy2aMiracle

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Am I allowed... _
PostSubject: Re: Am I allowed...   Am I allowed... EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 12:03 am

Oh man!! I'm not allowed the ewe's cheese *sobs* The thing is, being half Spanish, I love things like tapas and ewe's cheese and eat it quite often I also like my steaks on the rare side of medium rare and would have thought, for iron levels, that would be the best way to eat it. I agree though a little of what you fancy can't harm.

I'm off to stock up on some Pepperami's later Very Happy Very Happy

Also apparently you aren't allowed McDonald's mc flurries and milkshakes cuz the ice cream is soft but really if it was that dangerous they wouldn't be allowed to sell it to the elderly and very young surely?!?? xxxx
Back to top Go down
beccaplus1

beccaplus1

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

Am I allowed... _
PostSubject: Re: Am I allowed...   Am I allowed... EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 12:05 am

Well when I was pregnant I was told you are not allowed any "Mr whippy" type ice cream because of the bacteria that can breed on the nozzle it comes out of not because of the ice cream itself
Back to top Go down
Mummy2aMiracle

Mummy2aMiracle

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Am I allowed... _
PostSubject: Re: Am I allowed...   Am I allowed... EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 12:12 am

I was told you're not allowed the Mr Whippy ice cream (McDonald Ice cream is the same too) because they can never sterilise the tubes properly. I did have one milkshake as I really really had to have one in my pregnancy with Drew and it was ok.

I agree with Mario, they'll have us living off of cardboard soon. My mum ate all sorts of crap and as far as I'm aware I'm okay (as okay as I can be after my dad dropped me on my head down a flight of concrete stairs at the age of 3 Laughing ) xxxxx
Back to top Go down
beccaplus1

beccaplus1

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

Am I allowed... _
PostSubject: Re: Am I allowed...   Am I allowed... EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 2:40 am

I totally agree I didn't follow the food rules otherwise I would of are nothing I stayed away from ice cream and cheese but any milk product made me violently ill, and soft eggs but the rest I ate in moderation. I suppose we just have to be sensible. Gosh I don't miss being pregnant at all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Am I allowed... _
PostSubject: Re: Am I allowed...   Am I allowed... EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 4:31 am

I ate Mr Whippy too. I think 'guidelines' bring out the 'f*ck you' attitude in me lol, not that its hard. Plus being a nurse i have a cast iron gut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Am I allowed... _
PostSubject: Re: Am I allowed...   Am I allowed... Empty

Back to top Go down

Am I allowed...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Conceiving, Pregnancy & Birth :: Pregnancy-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Am I allowed... Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Am I allowed... Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Am I allowed... Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Am I allowed... Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Am I allowed... Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Am I allowed... Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Am I allowed... Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Am I allowed... Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Am I allowed... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Am I allowed... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Am I allowed... Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Am I allowed... Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Am I allowed... Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Am I allowed... Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Am I allowed... Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???