Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

I need advice please!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage

Edit MY profile

I need advice please!  _
PostSubject: I need advice please!    I need advice please!  EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:04 am

Ok!
Ellie is so naughty and really doesn't seem to care or notice when I shout!

Before bed tonight she dragged our poor pussy cat around the room by her tail. I pulled them apart so ellie just grabbed at pussys fur and wouldn't let go. In the past when either of us have raised our voices she's immediatly stopped whatever she was doing but tonight she just smiled and wasn't the slightest bit bothered by my shouting!

Help, I'm worried that this little girl is going to get the better of me!

Any advice, or tips would be much appreciated. 

xx
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

I need advice please!  _
PostSubject: Re: I need advice please!    I need advice please!  EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:12 am

Errrrrrm join the club Laughing Crying or Very sad same here, Cerys just smiles when i tell her off or say "no". dont know what to say really but you have my sympathies x
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

I need advice please!  _
PostSubject: Re: I need advice please!    I need advice please!  EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:13 am

Izzy can be like this - just smirks at me and doesn't care... normally when she is being naughty having her nappy changed!

Usually when she is naughty I pick her up and plonk her down facing away from the 'thing' and keep doing that til she gets fed up.

Have you ever smacked the back of her hand? I did it to Izzy yonks ago when she was really naughty scratching and pinching me...and she NEVER did it again!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah

Edit MY profile

I need advice please!  _
PostSubject: Re: I need advice please!    I need advice please!  EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:16 am

ah funny you should say that Lisa, I tapped her hand earlier and she was shocked that i did it. it made her cry a little so i think she realised i was serious x
Back to top Go down
Bumpwatcher

Bumpwatcher

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

I need advice please!  _
PostSubject: Re: I need advice please!    I need advice please!  EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:17 am

Oh Pen i wish i had some advice! I'm surprised i haven't burst a blood vessel today with Imogen, she has been driving me crazy by not listening to me. I sat her down and had a face to face chat with her saying various things, and then asked her if she liked it when mummy shouted. She replied 'yes!' RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

Isla is not so bad yet... she just has crazy tantrums, and i just leave her to those.

Cute new pic of Ellie. From what i know of your little lady i can imagine that ignoring her would be the worst punishment of all, so i would suggest removing her from the situation and leaving her to it.

x x x
Back to top Go down
Wriggler

Wriggler

Edit MY profile

I need advice please!  _
PostSubject: Re: I need advice please!    I need advice please!  EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:23 am

Pen I think it is an age thing. Sophie is going through a little defiant phase at the moment too. I have a naughty spot and if she does something wrong I ask her not to do it again, she does it again she gets warned she does it again she gets naughty spotted. It really works she really doesnt like being on the naughty spot. She says 'Sorry' and gives a kiss and cuddle and goes off to play Smile

I think Ellie is just testing her boundaries, as long as your consistant it should pass Smile
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

I need advice please!  _
PostSubject: Re: I need advice please!    I need advice please!  EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:32 am

Thanks girls

I feel a bit better knowing it's not just me and ellie going through this! I did smack her hand and she laughed and smacked the cat!!

Fran, so sorry but we're all sat here laughing at immy saying yes, oh reckons ellie would say the same.

I think I'm going to give the naughty spot and taking her out of the situation.

Vic, were is your naughty spot??
Back to top Go down
Wriggler

Wriggler

Edit MY profile

I need advice please!  _
PostSubject: Re: I need advice please!    I need advice please!  EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 9:38 am

The naughty spot is in the hall, we have a wall that seperates the lounge and the hall (but no door we had to take it off!) so it completely removes them from the situation as the hall is also attatched to the kitchen...

Saying that though when we were at MILs yesterday i ended up using a little poof / stool thing and sat them on it and that worked well too.

It can really be anywhere where you think she is safe and cant damage anything. Our hall has nothing in it so no extra trouble there Smile
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

I need advice please!  _
PostSubject: Re: I need advice please!    I need advice please!  EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 9:54 am

We naughty step Pen. The few times ive shouted at C from sheer frustration she just screams at me and its counter productive. If i cant move and distract and a firm no doesnt work she gets a warning then gets naughty stepped. Some days atm the warning is enough as shes learning mummy means it. I tried the corner and it didnt work so now she ends up being put in the hall on the bottom step behind the stair gate and i usually confiscate bunny too as that drives it right home.

After her 2 mins i kneel down and explain why shes there and expect either a cuddle or an apology - i rarely get the apology lol! Shes too damn stubborn

Seems to be working thus far fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

I need advice please!  _
PostSubject: Re: I need advice please!    I need advice please!  EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 5:51 am

Charlie is starting to ignore me as well, he understands me but I'm not sure he would understand the naughty step concept. How do you keep them on it? I think Charlie would just come back in the living room once I left him.

Back to top Go down
Pickle and Pup's mummy

Pickle and Pup's mummy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

I need advice please!  _
PostSubject: Re: I need advice please!    I need advice please!  EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 8:29 am

I was wondering the same thing Kell,

Do you just keep placing them back on it till they stay there for two minutes? And with our guys all under two, would it be two mins or under?

Pen, i know how you feel too, Sophia smiles and laughs as well if we raise our voice or say no, and i know she would hit me back if i smacked her hand! Her thing at the mo which we have to address is doing things on purpose so she can say uh oh! like throwing stuff across the table or dropping stuff on the floor or writing on stuff she shouldnt! ITs fine but she doesnt yet understand that there is a firm consequence to her actions. Its hard as well being consistent when myself and oh differ on approach slightly.

MAndy xx
Back to top Go down
LisaMnGirls

LisaMnGirls

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

I need advice please!  _
PostSubject: Re: I need advice please!    I need advice please!  EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 8:43 am

Ive tried smacking the back of her hand - she hits me back!

Ive tried shouting - she goes into full meltdown

Ive tried walking away - she follows me screaming (the bugger can open doors now)

I need supernanny!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

I need advice please!  _
PostSubject: Re: I need advice please!    I need advice please!  EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 1:01 am

Wil gets a warning relating to what he is doing wrong (his main crime is throwing things so whatever he is throwing will be taken away). If he does it again I just take it away and put it out of reach and tell him why it is gone.

Once I have removed the things he is being naughty with I just ignore him while he screams about it then when he is done he usually comes over and we change the subject.
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

I need advice please!  _
PostSubject: Re: I need advice please!    I need advice please!  EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 8:15 am

Ive done all what LisaMs done nothing works i now say NO and move him he occasionally does it again but hes learning now.x
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

I need advice please!  _
PostSubject: Re: I need advice please!    I need advice please!  EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 9:58 pm

We have a stair gate on lounge door so she gets put on the hall step which is right by the stair gate. Its working ok at mo cos she gets so mad about being naughty stepped she hasnt worked out she can piss off upstairs
Back to top Go down
deecee24

deecee24

Edit MY profile

I need advice please!  _
PostSubject: Re: I need advice please!    I need advice please!  EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 10:44 pm

I always found that counting to 3 helped with lauryn. When she didn't listen i just picked her up and put her in her bed without speaking a word to her and then closing the door. I would sit outside for 5 minutes holding it shut (i know it sounds cruel) untill she had her tantrum and calmed down. Only then would i let her out. x
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

I need advice please!  _
PostSubject: Re: I need advice please!    I need advice please!  EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 11:23 pm

Aimee gets two warnings, if she carries on, then she gets put in her room for 'time out'. She normally comes back downstairs and has forgotten what she was doing being naughty.

x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

I need advice please!  _
PostSubject: Re: I need advice please!    I need advice please!  Empty

Back to top Go down

I need advice please!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
I need advice please!  Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
I need advice please!  Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
I need advice please!  Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
I need advice please!  Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
I need advice please!  Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
I need advice please!  Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
I need advice please!  Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
I need advice please!  Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
I need advice please!  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
I need advice please!  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
I need advice please!  Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
I need advice please!  Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
I need advice please!  Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
I need advice please!  Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
I need advice please!  Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words