Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

What level of education do you have?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

What level of education do you have? - Page 2 _
PostSubject: What level of education do you have?   What level of education do you have? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 12:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

Let's separate the thickos from the braniacs Laughing

I completed high school barely and left before taking my exams so I have no qualifications at all.

I do regret not taking my exams and furthering my education, I am considering getting into learning again but wouldn't have a clue where to start
scratch
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
xemplus2x

xemplus2x

About Me!
My Name: Emma
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What level of education do you have?   What level of education do you have? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 2:33 am

Iv got 9GCSEs a*-d, (A* in textiles only thing I enjoyed, rest mostly Cs) AVCE pass in welsh.
2 A levels C&D ( started to down hill didn't sit some exams &course work as friend died.

Went to uni got 2:2 BAhons in leisure &sport management also p***ed it away wish had my time again.

Common sense I have little of, so thick all round! Lol I'm skint &cant find work with 2kids, were allmy friends who dropped out did apprenterships are now in amazing jobs now & earning £££s where I'm still paying & will do properly for rest of my life paying for getting drunk for 3years!!!
Xx
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What level of education do you have?   What level of education do you have? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 2:37 am

I have 9 GCSEs, 3 A-levels, a BA (hons) in Business and Social Administration, MCIPS (post grad qualification in procurement and supply chain) and I am a qualified life coach.

I hate studying and didn't bother for any of my qualifications just breezed in and sat the exam except for my post grad where I rang my friend who was one of the examiners the night before and asked him what I should read on the train on the way there.

All the academic qualifications in the world will only get you so far because to do well its all about who you know and having the right contacts.

IMO my most important skills are common sense, organisation and the ability to network and influence people.
Back to top Go down
VickieAndSophie

VickieAndSophie

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What level of education do you have?   What level of education do you have? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 3:05 am

I have 9 GCSE's BBBB'S AND CCCCC'S LOL
I have my B-TEC Nat Dip in nursery nursing
and I am working towards my Ba Hons in Early Years Professional studies, and then on to Early Years Professional Status.
So now I know there are lots of ladies with degrees out there I will be picking your brains all the time
XXxX
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What level of education do you have?   What level of education do you have? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 3:56 am

9 GCSEs-1A*, 5A, 2B, 1C in the usual subjects
3 A levels (kinda)-1 d in biology, 1 e in chemistry and an N in pure and stats maths (but never went back to complete the maths makeup)
And a diploma of higher education in nursing studies

Ive also gained extra quals since working such as Advanced adult life support and advanced paeds life support and a level 3(uni level) teaching and assessing qual

I actually dont class myself as academic though as i mostly cba with traditional study and get through on a combo of BS and good verbal skills
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What level of education do you have?   What level of education do you have? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 4:14 am

I have 11 GCSE's, 3 A levels and I am CeMap and CeFa qualified (qualifications to give advise in mortgages and investments)

I have very little common sense though Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
Nutty1

Nutty1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What level of education do you have?   What level of education do you have? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 4:19 am

I have 8 gcses ranging from c-e (c's in the important things like maths and english), I then stayed on at school and did a gnvq in health and social care. After that I went to college and did an NNEB diploma (nursery nursing), not sure whether that qualification is still valid any more because i did it 1997-1999 and never got a job with children afterwards.
Back to top Go down
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What level of education do you have?   What level of education do you have? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 5:47 am

i never finished high school(for personal reasons i was forced to leave at about 14-15) but i went back to college to do my fitness qualifications...then started a degree in sports business management but ended up having to quit it after having lil miss(couldn't keep it up after missing so much around her birth)

so i'm totally thick as doodoo Sad
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What level of education do you have?   What level of education do you have? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 5:59 am

I am a thicko!!! Laughing

I HATED school so couldnt wait to leave, didnt revise for any exams never did homework and came away with just 2 GCSE's (C in maths and french). I blame Simon as I started seeing him the december before my exams so obviously revising/studying was the last thing on my mind Embarassed Laughing Since then I have gained a few NVQs but nothing really to write home about.

TBH though I really dont regret not doing well or paying attention, we own a lovely home, dont owe a penny (other than mortgage), have 2 decent cars and a beautiful little girl with a boy on the way. I honestly cannot see how life could be much better. We believe in living within our means, although it's not alot whos to say we would be happier with more money? Smile xxx
Back to top Go down
Miss B

Miss B

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What level of education do you have?   What level of education do you have? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 6:55 am

i can read, write, spell (most of the time) and count. i am able to
sit down with my kids and help them with their homework.

i have my qualifications, a few hnd's, several highers and a fair whack of other extra credits.... not important to me what so ever.
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What level of education do you have?   What level of education do you have? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 7:12 am

I've got gcse'sand alevels was doing my degree in social care when I got pregnant with Ollie, so I had to leave x
Back to top Go down
mrsmb

mrsmb

About Me!
My Name: Kim

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What level of education do you have?   What level of education do you have? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 7:23 am

I've got 9 GCSEs, 5 A-Levels, a degree and my PGCE (Teacher Training) but earn much less than my oh who has very few qualifications but worked hard and moved his way up the career ladder so I don't think qualifications are necessarily always important! My brother has loads, is extremely clever but has absolutely zero common sense and I wouldn't trust him to be in charge of anything! xxx
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What level of education do you have?   What level of education do you have? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 7:27 am

I have 11 GCSE's (A*, A & Bs)
3 A levels (Bs & C)
BSc (hons) in Forensic Science and Criminology

xx
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What level of education do you have?   What level of education do you have? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 7:39 am

Im gona sound like a humpy teenager - but is it wrong that I feel a bit miffed that alot of people with little/no qualifications have high paid jobs? I dont mean I begrudge them it - I just want it too. I clearly am not as motivated as them, & relied solely on exams/piece of paper.

My mum brought me up to believe that education & exams were very important. To be fair i was quite bright in primary and she probably wanted me to reach my full potential as most parents do. Even though iv 10 GCSE's A*-B I still remember her saying I could have got 10 A*'s if Id wanted (possibly true if id worked my ass off and not had any friends). Again when I got the AB at Alevel she said I could have got AA, and my 2.2 degree could have been a 2.1 Rolling Eyes

I know I cant blame my mum for me being unemployed now, or chosing to have Caitlin a year after uni rather than job searching.... but I just wish Id heard more about people starting carers at 17/18 that lead to earning £££ without the debts/pressure of uni. I went to a grammar school & that wasnt really discussed as an option either. I think i just thought I would get a degree and be earning loads of money within a year or 2 just because id a degree - which is clearly bollocks. SW isnt even that well paid for the fact it takes 5 years to do after GCSE. I think id start on £21k, be on £25k after a years final assessment.

I dont mean to sound ungrateful about having a degree... I dont know what my point is, im just jealous clearly lol! Maybe some of the people who are reasonably comfortable with very little qualifications have partners or parents that make life slightly easier. I know jealousy is an ugly trait and its part of my personality im trying to change *sigh*
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What level of education do you have?   What level of education do you have? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 7:50 am

^^^^ i understand what you mean...eg my mum and dad, my dad has no qualifications, yet he earns loads HGV driving...my mum is a qualified nurse and doesnt earn nearly as much as him Rolling Eyes x
Back to top Go down
LesleyandBethany

About Me!
My Name: Lesley

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What level of education do you have?   What level of education do you have? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 7:51 am

I've got GCSE's, A-Levels and a professional qualification (Institute of Legal Executives).
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What level of education do you have?   What level of education do you have? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 7:52 am

See now why did no one discuss HGV driving with me as a career option, sexist bastards! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What level of education do you have?   What level of education do you have? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 7:57 am

I've got 9 GCSE's (B's, C's & D's - ohh and an F in french!)
NVQ level 2 In IT (that I did in the sixth form)
NVQ level 2 & 3 in Social Care. (collage)

I have done other training such as Bronze medalion/Lifesavers award, First aid, and loads of other stuff that I trained for whilst working in social care Smile
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What level of education do you have?   What level of education do you have? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 8:09 am

Snoopy, I completely understand it must very frustrating.

However, we have got where we are (and I'm not saying we are well off by any stretch of the imagination!) through hard work. We had a 100% mortgage with our first bungalow - took a massive risk really because the property market could of plummeted but luckily it didnt. Our parents have not helped us out AT ALL, they couldnt afford to themselves.

I do hope one day you get the job you're entitled to and worked hard for hun xxxx
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What level of education do you have?   What level of education do you have? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 8:13 am

I will probably never make more than 20k unless I end up working in a big fancy vet hospital and I dont really fancy doing that tbh.

so I get what you mean. Ive worked so hard but for me its about the job and not about the money. if it was about the money then I would have had to do something else.

snoop I hope you get your dream job soon xx
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What level of education do you have?   What level of education do you have? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 8:16 am

i was a wild child - i never went to school, got in trouble when i did go, i woke up drunk in a different city on the morning of my german gcse so never made it there - i walked out of my maths exam cos i didnt want to take my piercings out like i was asked =o| luckily they let me do the exam in a room on my own, so i spent 15 mins scirbbling it down quickly so i could go home =o| i was an absoloute little sh*t!
wish i had tried some, never mind hard!

My head of year asked me to quit all my gcse's except for maths english and science, and i got banned from geography =o| but i said no to quitting them which i am glad of because i walked out of school with 11 a-c's.
i did nvq level 3 in social care - but quit half way through because i moved into a dodgy friends house so my mum could sleep in my bed, smoked too much funny stuff to make it to college lol
nvq 2 in customer services....

so hardly anything really - but i've got a sh*t job to go along with it lol
x
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What level of education do you have?   What level of education do you have? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 8:16 am

Susan,Libby+1 wrote:
Snoopy, I completely understand it must very frustrating.

However, we have got where we are (and I'm not saying we are well off by any stretch of the imagination!) through hard work. We had a 100% mortgage with our first bungalow - took a massive risk really because the property market could of plummeted but luckily it didnt. Our parents have not helped us out AT ALL, they couldnt afford to themselves.

I do hope one day you get the job you're entitled to and worked hard for hun xxxx

Aww thanx hun. like I said I dont begrudge others it and I understand that people can work hard in life without it being for exams. I just meant I didnt really consider other options and somehow thought a job was going to fall out of the sky. I also think I was a bit nieve about what a good salary was, some of the ladies on here have mentioned what they/partners earn and iv been Shocked Shocked Shocked . I know you & simon have put blood sweat & tears into doing up propertys so you deserve it. xxx
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What level of education do you have?   What level of education do you have? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 8:19 am

stephandhannah wrote:
I will probably never make more than 20k unless I end up working in a big fancy vet hospital and I dont really fancy doing that tbh.

so I get what you mean. Ive worked so hard but for me its about the job and not about the money. if it was about the money then I would have had to do something else.

snoop I hope you get your dream job soon xx

Thanx hun. I suppose thats true. I cant see me being happy doing anything else. I know SW is quite pressured and it does require ongoing training but i dont think I could cope in a high stress business/selling environment for example. x
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What level of education do you have?   What level of education do you have? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 8:23 am

yeh my friend has a degree in toxicology or something random like that. has student debts and now works in a call centre and has done since he left uni.

also have a friend whos just qualified as a nurse and cant get a job anywhere. its very unfair.

although my oh left school after 5th year hasnt spent a day in education since then and will always make heaps more money than me. just as well I have access to his bank card! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kate

Kate

About Me!
My Name: Kate

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What level of education do you have?   What level of education do you have? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 8:25 am

I have GCSEs, A levels, a BA degree in Politics (why??!) CIPD (post graduate HR qual) and another post grad qual that i have just finished to do with my job.

If you do not already have a level 2 qual then at the moment you can get most things free at college and prob hep with childcare via learner support fund. If you are thinking about it then get in there quick as the government are planning to remove lots of free courses in the future Sad
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What level of education do you have?   What level of education do you have? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 8:28 am

I have GCSE's all crap D's

I went to college and was studying Performing Arts, Media Studies, English Lit and Maths.

I met OH two weeks after I started and I left in Jan 2002 to move to London.

I started my job as an Office Junior in April 2002 basic photo copying, sending out post etc.

But from there and 9 years on I now run two payrolls and I have worked my arse to get to where I am today. I've no qualifications in payroll I was studying for it, but I hate hate studying, I've such a short attention span it's unreal.

I learn faster in practical work.

But I can not stand my work, It's not want I want to do.

But if you ask me what I want to do the answer would be I DON'T KNOW

I really struggle with things I want to do as I can change my mind like the weather
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What level of education do you have?   What level of education do you have? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What level of education do you have?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
What level of education do you have? - Page 2 Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
What level of education do you have? - Page 2 Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
What level of education do you have? - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
What level of education do you have? - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
What level of education do you have? - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
What level of education do you have? - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
What level of education do you have? - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
What level of education do you have? - Page 2 Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
What level of education do you have? - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
What level of education do you have? - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
What level of education do you have? - Page 2 Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
What level of education do you have? - Page 2 Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
What level of education do you have? - Page 2 Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
What level of education do you have? - Page 2 Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
What level of education do you have? - Page 2 Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words