Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

When did your toddler stop napping?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
rae&mady

rae&mady

Edit MY profile

When did your toddler stop napping? _
PostSubject: When did your toddler stop napping?   When did your toddler stop napping? EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 1:35 am

My daughter is 17 months tomorrow and over the last week or so has been refusing to sleep during the day.
At nursery she has been disturbing the other children at naptime screaming. They now take her into a corner now to calm down as long as she had a story.
I know some kids stop having day time naps early so was wondering when your toddler stopped theirs
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your toddler stop napping?   When did your toddler stop napping? EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 2:11 am

Caitlin is 20 months and still takes hers. At about 16/17 months she did change her nap routine a bit though. Iv never been that strict on routine as im a SAHM so we get up when she wakes, usually around 830am. From about 10-16mths she would have taken 1 nap a day usually in the morning eg 11-1230.
She suddenly started refusing to sleep before lunch and now sleeps in afternoons from 2-4pm ish. The change hasnt affected her night time schedule either, she still goes to bed about 8pm.

I suppose its hard because nursery cant really adapt to her routine as much as I can at home with Caitlin. I think a few LOs on here stopped napping quite young.

Oh also im sure Caitlin has had weeks were she seemed to skip naps most days but it didnt mean she was ready to give them up... usually it was because sje was teething/coming down with something/got too excited by visitors etc x
Back to top Go down
rae&mady

rae&mady

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your toddler stop napping?   When did your toddler stop napping? EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 2:16 am

Mady has never hadd a routine at home but does at nursery and has always been compliant. But she seems so reluctant lately.
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your toddler stop napping?   When did your toddler stop napping? EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 2:21 am

My LO is 27 months now and still takes an afternoon nap. He does love his sleep Laughing
When he turned 1yr he dropped from 2x 1.5hr naps to 1 2.5hr nap on an afternoon.

Recently I have thought about phasing them out as he was waking uber grumpy (remains grumpy for the rest of the day then) after every nap for the past couple of weeks and others have mentioned that cutting the naps out seemed to solve the problem. But He still really needs them and is falling asleep at 2pm otherwise.

How does Mady sleep on a night? is she ok? Usually just a routine quiet time will be fine if they not willing to nap, like what they do at nursery with the story.
Back to top Go down
rae&mady

rae&mady

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your toddler stop napping?   When did your toddler stop napping? EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 2:28 am

She tends to sleep from half 8 till 7. Some late nights and some disturbed nights but usually ok.
She has some large cushions on the floor that she chills on on the days she doesn't nap. Its quite cute really!
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your toddler stop napping?   When did your toddler stop napping? EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 2:35 am

Callums nearly 21months and recently he went through a stage which last 2weeks where he wouldnt sleep during the day so we kept him up and just put him to be around 6pm it worked then all of sudden he was gettin up at his normal timje and couldnt hack being awake for over 12hrs so he has his nap again which hes down for 12 if he doesnt lay in, if he does he goes down by 1 xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: When did your toddler stop napping?   When did your toddler stop napping? Empty

Back to top Go down

When did your toddler stop napping?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
When did your toddler stop napping? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
When did your toddler stop napping? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
When did your toddler stop napping? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
When did your toddler stop napping? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
When did your toddler stop napping? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
When did your toddler stop napping? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
When did your toddler stop napping? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
When did your toddler stop napping? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
When did your toddler stop napping? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
When did your toddler stop napping? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
When did your toddler stop napping? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
When did your toddler stop napping? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
When did your toddler stop napping? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
When did your toddler stop napping? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
When did your toddler stop napping? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words