Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? _
PostSubject: Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating?   Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 5:02 am

It would seem a running theme that mothers day this year is not gonna be go great for some.
My oh has informend me that i have nothing not even a card, However we are going out for a meal. No effort what so ever has been made on his part, the meal was arranged by his sisters for his mum, i'm going because i'm his oh not because its a celebration for me. Just kinda kills two birds with one stone really.

So i'm trying to figure out if i'm ok with nothing as its another holiday just like valentines day where the card companies benefit from every single person buying something as they 'have' to, or if actually i am gutted because my oh doesn't seem to make any effort what so ever.

hmmmmm
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating?   Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 5:05 am

I'd be a bit gutted if my OH didn't even get a card organised from Arwyn. I don't really care about a present though.

Last edited by pixel on Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating?   Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 5:09 am

He could at least get you a card. Tell him that even I got a card! I wouldn't be happy at all, even a card would show a small amount of effort xxx
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating?   Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 5:13 am

for me mothers day isn't about getting presents, it's more about having a day where I get looked after for a change and having a nice day with the family. Having read the posts today there are alot of selfish twots out there and I do hope you lovely ladies pay them exactly the same respect when it comes to fathers day x
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
Kell

Kell

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating?   Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 5:14 am

I have cards from the boys from school and play group. Who knows he could be pulling my leg but seens as i am the keeper of his bank card i very much doubt i'll be pleasently suprised tomorrow.
I may not go to the meal either, just not feeling it tbh!
I might just take my babies out on a bike ride and have a mcdonnalds! Good fun with my Kings!
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating?   Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 5:27 am

i told Adam not to buy me anything as we aren't flush but i have today had Alice trot through the door with a bunch of £5 flowers that she picked cos there was a wobbly butterfly in them Smile
i dont mind as long as i get a card Smile
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating?   Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 5:32 am

Jo Thats quite sweet of your oh, even tho you said not to buy anything (same goes for us we don't have money to spare) he still got the flowers.
I agree i'd be happy with a card i really would! And it doesn't have to be brought either, it would be lovely to have a hand made one. but that would require effort on his part and i'm not sure it's worth the effort!
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating?   Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 5:36 am

he could have made the effort with a card, i would be upset if i didn't get one.
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating?   Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 5:46 am

i get that totally kell, i would be SERIOUSLY pissed at no card either!!

heads would roll!!
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating?   Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 5:51 am

I think mothers and fathers day is a nice day to spend with family x
Id be a bit upset if i didnt get card x
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating?   Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 5:58 am

Id be fuming about no card. Caelyns made me one i know at early learning centre the other day and neils been and bought one from awen. Hes also got me a pressie this year as i made some noises about what i fancied.

I often dont bother with valentines and our anniversary but mothers day for me is like my birthday-i like a little something. I dont expect much but i like a little token from my girls to open even if its a bar of 50p choc. This year hes got me a voucher for that fish foot eating thing. And to be fair he always gets something for fathers day lol. Mind im fairly tragic cos im most excited about the day they bring home made made stuff from school for mothers day for me. Neil wont even need to get a token from them for me cos Im gonna be so thrilled by the stuff they make. Sad huh lol
Back to top Go down
SuziandGracie

SuziandGracie

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating?   Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 6:55 am

my dad has always told me and i tend to agree

mothers day is worth it, mums grow the baby, give birth, nurture the child, are there when they are ill, cook, clean, etc and when they are older help them with boy troubles, puberty issues especially if girls you have periods to speak about and bras

fathers day he always tells me not to bother as dads genrally just play with them and dont do the hard graft that only a mother can do

so yes mothers day is worth every penny.

I would be seriously hacked if i had nothing i know i have a card and at least one present as marc made me stay in the kitchen whilst he hid *them* in his wardrobe
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating?   Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 6:59 am

I like your dad!
Back to top Go down
~ Katie ~

~ Katie ~

About Me!
My Name: Katie
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating?   Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 7:03 am

just because he said not do expect anything doesnt mean youve got nothing. my oh said to same to me last year so it would be a bigger surprise when when i realised he had actually got something, id that makes sense (need the scratchy head thingy but can never find the one i want!)
Back to top Go down
SuziandGracie

SuziandGracie

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating?   Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 7:05 am

mario my dad speaks so much sense
Back to top Go down
Kate

Kate

About Me!
My Name: Kate

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating?   Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 7:05 am

I would be annoyed and upset about not getting a card as its not expensive and its hardly a big effort to nip in the supermarket and get one is it!
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating?   Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 7:24 am

My sentiments exactly Kate!
Katie, we shall see hun, Unfortunatly I know my oh and I'm pretty sure I'll be rather upset with him tomorrow.
Watch this space! Lol
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating?   Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 7:34 am

Well i totally expected nothing this year, but my mum has bout me a card and a new top from the kids so i was well chuffed!! xx
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating?   Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 7:39 am

I told my oh not to get me one because it doesn't seem right without Ollie here, so we decided we'll go out for a drive to get ice cream and have a burger on the way then were going to the cemetery to take him some flowers.

My mother didn't listent hough so I have a card and chocolates Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? 517725 x
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating?   Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 7:42 am

Honestly I think its worth celebrating.

Hannah made me a card and a krispie cake in nursery yesterday and I nearly cried when she gave me them. that wee look on her face because she was all proud blushlove

my oh came in tonight with some bags so I have a few gifts too and we have both spoiled our mums.

xx
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating?   Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 8:32 am

Yup! Def like getting a card... and it'l mean so much more in a year or 2 when Caitlin is able to make it herself, or go with daddy to pick the most random gift Laughing

Last weekend Stuart bought me a laptop and thats my mothers day and bday present. He then came home on wed and took caitlin into kitchen for 10 min and came out with a card that Caitlin had coloured in a pic on and a mug with chocolates in it (that im allergic too Rolling Eyes ) Very sweet but I was a bit confused as to why I got them on wed, apparently Caitlin couldn't wait, just means Iv nowt to get tomorrow! Very happy with laptop though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating?   Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 8:35 am

I hope I get a card, I think Dan got one!
I have spotted a big box of maltesers thogh, so hope they are mine lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating?   Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 9:22 am

ummm im not that bothered - i really want a card this year as its my first year as a mummy Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? 270211 and i expect in years to come i will have some 'delicious' breakfast in bed experiences but tbh i don't really believe in it, if my mum was here i would make her a card but it isn't a big deal in our house really (is that humbuggy?)
Back to top Go down
EmVar

EmVar

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating?   Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 11:03 am

TBH mothers day just annoys me, but that's cos of my mum, she's terribly ungracious and well basically greedy. Nothing in the world is ever enough for her I don't know why I ever even try. Seriously I could offer her a diamond ring and she'd be pissed it didn't come in a pretty enough box.
Fathers day on the other hand is lovely cos my dad is lovely and it's nice family time with my half-sisters too.

I was, however, disappointed with OH's miserable attempt last year - it wasn't a proper mothers day card just a picture card he shoved in the trolley while we were at the supermarket, took no effort to disguise and it was muggins here who paid at the frikkin checkout!

Last week I was delighted when I was presented with my card from Imogen that she had "made" at nursery. It was very sweet, even if it was early! That'll do me Smile
Back to top Go down
XLeanneX

XLeanneX

About Me!
My Name: is Leanne
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating?   Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 6:36 pm

I have nothing, Marc said on Friday 'Shit i forgot its mothers day!' As we live in Denmark there are no cards. He's just took Jack to the shops so fingers crossed for some flowers! lol

Men just dont get it do they!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating?   Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? Empty

Back to top Go down

Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Mothers day.... Worth Celebrating? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words