Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Government review of the sexualisation of

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

Government review of the sexualisation of _
PostSubject: Government review of the sexualisation of   Government review of the sexualisation of EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Anyone been reading or seeing about this?

I've only really heard about it this morning.

And i'd like to know what you all think?

For me it's not just the government that needs to be involved its parents too. We control what our children watch on tv, but the government can help by curbing anything too raunchy.

One that gets me is the Lazy song by Bruno Mars. Now Rowan loves this song, I do too, but the whole trousers dropping and hip thrusting i think was uncalled for to me. for some it may not matter.

But another one for me is clothes. I find it hard to buy clothes for Rowan that dont look like something he'll be wearing when he's 13 or even 20. everything is the same.

With girls they make clothes for girls that you'd see strippers wear or very raunchy people.

Now i want my children to be remain children and become young adults when they are 16-18 (might not be realistic) but i was never given this I was a full time carer to my siblings from the age of 10 so i had to grow up.

What i'm trying to say is i feel that what is put on the telly or videos should maybe have a rating? Like films they do and certain age ones are not shown until later or have a pin you need to put in to watch it. Music videos dont.

I think because of how i grew up and only really getting 10 years of being a child, i want my children to have a childhood of fun memories, family memories of doing things together spending time together. not memories of missing school to look after their sibling or being begged by their mother to stay at home as she was too ill to look after the kids or being told by the school i needed to go home as my mum was ill but then getting there and her saying go pick the kids up from school whilst she got off her face.

sorry going off topic.

what are your views on the videos that are played and clothes in store, mags etc. do you think its getting to risque?
Back to top Go down
Claire

Claire

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Government review of the sexualisation of   Government review of the sexualisation of EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 10:19 pm

Too Rude. Like you say i want Lilly to remain a child for as long as possible, all it is nowadays is semi naked women in music video's it annoys me.

I was still happily playing with my dolls until i was around 13 and i loved it!
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Government review of the sexualisation of   Government review of the sexualisation of EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 10:52 pm

i know my bro and sil struggle to find suitable clothes for my neices, what with strappy tops, bras and high heels, and they 3 and 6 yrs old.

i think parents need to make a stand too, watch what your kids are watching on tv, i was watching a programme on disney and it was aimed at toddlers and the character said coconuts, but it was the tone that it was said, that worried me.

also some of the adverts can be difficult.

there is an art of aiming for a adult and child audience and normally feature films do this very well.

i do worry about the magazines by kids magazines i think thats going a step too far and needs to be stopped.
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Government review of the sexualisation of   Government review of the sexualisation of EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 11:37 pm

i agree with things like music videos n stuff like that clothes is a hard one, because things like vest tops etc are perfect for summer, yes they are strappy tops but to find them 'attractive' on a young girl you have to be demented in the first place. I for one dress dita in shorts and vest top when its hot, but i dont find that inappropriate.... kids in high heels i hate to see tho! x
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Government review of the sexualisation of   Government review of the sexualisation of EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 11:43 pm

I think it's awful tbh and I think Im glad that i live in Cyprus sometimes - ok I have access to english television i.e. the music channels but that's about it, we don't see all the adverts we certainly don't have al the clothes that are far too old for children especially little girls, to be wearing the children here are bought up as children and remain children until they are married (girls moreso than boys)

I think music video's should be more than just rated - I think the pin code idea is good as otherwise it could just come up whilst we're in the kitchen or not watching whats on etc. Either that or they are just not shown until after the watershed sort of time. Some of the things I see on music viedo's wouldn't allwed on emmerdale so why are they allowed on tv at all!
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Government review of the sexualisation of   Government review of the sexualisation of EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 1:18 am

I'm glad something is finally being said/done about this. I think music videos and generally the way some female stars conduct themselves is disgusting. I don't want to see woman writhing around on stage/in music vids like whores so I certainly don't want Imogen to see that.
As for clothing, I understand girls want to dress like adults (i remember when i was young all i wanted to do was look older) but there's ways to copy adult fashion but dress it down to be less revealing, which is what the shops should be doing.
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Government review of the sexualisation of   Government review of the sexualisation of EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 2:16 am

I agree. We dont really have any music channels on here as cBeebies rules.

I would hate for my girls to grow up and dancing like those young kids on Big Fat Gypsy Wedding!

I do think its good that something is being done and I do agree that parents are also just as responsible as ensuring kids are kept kids for as long as they can.

I want my babies to have ideal childhoods, with family days out, wonderful family holidays and lots of fun. They have plenty of time to be adults when they are older.

x
Back to top Go down
me

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Government review of the sexualisation of   Government review of the sexualisation of EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 9:16 am

I agree 100% as Hannah does copy anyone she sees dancing on the TV and as funny as it is at the time, I really dont want her doing that outside in the big bad world so to speak, where some pervert could be watching her! I know thats a little far fetched but we live in that kind of society now. I am shocked sometimes when I see these celebs on their vids thinking I dont rem seeing anything like this when i was little.

I dont think that Hannah wearing shorts or strappy tops etc is too much of a problem, I dont like the tops/clothes with the slogans on that are just too old for young girls, and wayyy tooo tacky for anyone else to be wearing either.
Prob sound like a fuddy duddy when I say that.

But like Claire I want Hannah and Joseph to remain as children for as long as they can, as they have their whole lives ahead of them to be 'grown ups'
x
Back to top Go down
xemplus2x

xemplus2x

About Me!
My Name: Emma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Government review of the sexualisation of   Government review of the sexualisation of EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 6:45 pm

Iv always thought this!! We have the music channels on alot, lillie loves a good boogie (and me Embarassed ) but when people like lady gaga, cheryl cole, rhianna etc all come on, its all rancy!! She's watching them all and taking it all in.
I dont want her to think thats how you should be so to speak.

people like cheryl cole etc should decide who they want to apeal too, either the younger generation or the older and should be watershed. I dunno god sounding like my dad now! ha but like you all I want them to stay children for as long as possiable.
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Government review of the sexualisation of   Government review of the sexualisation of EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 8:13 pm

cant really add much to what others have said, i definatley agree! as someone said with boys, all the closthes are the same from like 1yr to about 30(lol) suppose its harder with girls as a lot of it is aimed at them, heels and stuff...i was shocked watching my big fat gypsie wedding seeing how some of the little girls danced and how the little boys grabbed people's bums n stuff i hate seeing that...i want my kids to have their innocence as long as they can, theres plenty of time for them to grow up when theyre old enough!! x
Back to top Go down

Government review of the sexualisation of

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Government review of the sexualisation of Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Government review of the sexualisation of Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Government review of the sexualisation of Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Government review of the sexualisation of Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Government review of the sexualisation of Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Government review of the sexualisation of Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Government review of the sexualisation of Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Government review of the sexualisation of Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Government review of the sexualisation of Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Government review of the sexualisation of Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Government review of the sexualisation of Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Government review of the sexualisation of Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Government review of the sexualisation of Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Government review of the sexualisation of Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Government review of the sexualisation of Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words