Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Really fed up, this might be a long one

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Mario

Edit MY profile

Really fed up, this might be a long one _
PostSubject: Really fed up, this might be a long one   Really fed up, this might be a long one EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 10:41 am

Hey all
Am at work but have taken myself off to the obs ward cos im feeling crud so im hiding and thought id post a general whine. Feel free to r and r.

Not sure whats going on with me at mo if its just preg hormones or what but im fed up of feeling fed up, of being sick and tired and down. Im always exhausted, even after getting a full nights sleep the other day. Im so fed up of feeling sick, had 2 day break midweek but its come back during my nights with a vengeance. Im fed up of being a grump, i must be so bad tempered and hard to be around right now cos im always tetchy and irritable. Im fed up of being whiny cos i feel like all i ever say right now is i feel rubbish and ppl must be so sick of hearing it. I am antisocial, cba seeing anyone even my best mates, seems like i have to make myself do it, all i wanna do is be alone with neil or lil chicken cos i can be tired and clingy with them and they dont mind giving me a cuddle and letting me be. Meant to be at a baby shower on monday for a friend and cant think of anything worse right now than going there and grinning inanely for an hour or so. Cant shake this feeling something bads gonna happen. Keep forgetting to take my folic acid and my aspirin no matter how hard i try and remember which makes me even more paranoid somethings going to go wrong and its all gonna be my fault for not taking the tabs. Keep feeling like i cant do this anymore, not gonna be able to stick being pg til march. How shit is that, wanted this lil bubba so much but hate being pg that much and worried im not all excited like last time means im not going to love this one. Generally my heads a mess right now and im sorry to go on and on and on but dont know who else to spill my guts to cos all this would freak neil or my family out big style if i suddenly verbally spewed it all over them
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Really fed up, this might be a long one   Really fed up, this might be a long one EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 11:01 am

You are pretty much describing how I felt alot of the time I was PG with Caitlin. Before I was PG I longed to be PG & was so jealous of friends with LO's. When I did get PG I was elated but then the realisation that 9 mths is pretty long set in. I was exhausted in the first few months. Id come home from work at 6pm, be asleep by 730pm and sleep through until next morning. It did put a strain on my relationship as we had very little quality time together. (It must be double hard for you running about after C and working long shifts). I too was sick, mainly at night which again made me a bit gross to be around. I was a grump due to hormones (all normal im told) and worried constantly that something awful would happen & it would be my fault for not being grateful enough for being PG.

With you're history of PND maybe you should mention it to your midwife, but honestly i think it pretty normal PG feelings. I didnt experience full blown PND but did have shitty days in the first few months of motherhood. i think we all did. If you dont wana go to babyshower - dont!!! In saying that dont isolate yourself too much. Maybe force yourself to get out once a week with C to keep in touch with friends and family but dont exhaust yourself to please other people. Hopefully in a few weeks when your hormones settle you will feel less tired and therefore less irritable. It takes a lot of energy to grow a baby, let alone do that while looking after a stuntbaby and be a wife and nurse!

You will love this baby. You have shown you do already by worrying that you have missed folic acid etc. Look at how you felt about C at one point & you're capabillities as a parent, but yet you have the most amazing bond with her now. You have already proven you are a great mum. xxx

xxx
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Really fed up, this might be a long one   Really fed up, this might be a long one EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 11:34 am

Awwww hun...it's hard to be excited when you are feeling like shit 24-7 and run down and off your feet with your busy work/home schedule! And..it's completely normal to want to lay low and retreat to your corner when you feel like this! Who wants to go out and put on a fake smiley when you feel like crap? No one! I sometimes prefer being anti-social because no one will expect things from you. I'm not sure if you realize how much you do for others..and how often you put yourself last in line. Just like Snoop said..takes everything you've got to bake that baby, and what I know about you, you hardly ever sit still for very long. I know you will pull out of this and intact because of how strong you are! You listen to your body signs..and do what it tells you to do! Love ya amiga! xxx
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Really fed up, this might be a long one   Really fed up, this might be a long one EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 11:42 am

mail on its way x
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Really fed up, this might be a long one   Really fed up, this might be a long one EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 7:00 pm

Hey hun,

I am sorry you are feeling like this, but i get exactly how you feel, i worry for Alice, that she will get neglected, i worry for Edith that i wont love her as much, and i feel at the moment that i cant cope being home all day with just Alice so how will i cope with 2?????

i had a break in between the nausea and the shitty end of preg where i was ok, so i would say its all normal Mario, i too, didnt/dont wanna go anywhere that means i am out of my pj and maudling comfort zone.

And i also forgot to take my folic acid from about 9 weeks, i was shite this time around.
Please try not to worry too much i think its all normal, the way i look at it is that i have been so lucky first time around with Alice that i cant possibly be so lucky this time around and that breeds irrational feelings. Thats all i can put it down to.

Have a chat with the MW and see what she says, i think that working the nights is affecting things for you too as its quite a hard life to maintain (my dad used to do nights alot)

Sending you massive massive hugs xxxxxx
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Really fed up, this might be a long one   Really fed up, this might be a long one EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 10:09 pm

awwww just want to send you some hugs xx
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Really fed up, this might be a long one   Really fed up, this might be a long one EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 6:36 am

Hey all

Thanks for answering, i felt like i was whinging so much you would be sick of it and not want to answer. I think im definately finding nights and such hard at the moment, ive got a week left then im on holiday and i think a couple of weeks off might be what i need right now as tiredness is definately making me worse, got obs bay all settled last night and must admit i had a bit of a cry just from feeling so tired and low. I went home at 7 in the end as i was by then so exhausted i was dizzy, so sick and tired i could hardly stand and had a headache between my eyes. Luckily they arent counting it as sick as id done 12 hours and only had an hour left. Im a bit better this evening which i think is cos neil skipped racing to look after c so i didnt have to stay up during the day and could get some sleep. Im not seeing my mw for about 4 weeks now so if im still feeling rough after my time off i might ring her

I think after my 2 weeks off if im still feeling it too hard im gonna have to work split nights, i cant rotate onto days as i simply dont have the childcare for it but might be able to cope better with 2 single nights. Im also gonna chuck a sickie for the baby shower tommorrow, feel a little rotten about doing it as its a good friend but someone else has my present safely tucked away for her anyway and i just cant face it. Im sure with everyone else there she wont notice im absent anyway. Think a nice quiet afternoon with my lil chicky is what id prefer.

Im still scared about being able to bond with this one, i knew right from the start with C i loved her even before she moved inside me but with this one that initial excitement and surge of affection i felt seems to have been smothered lately by feeling so rubbish all the time. I think maybe when i get my scan thurs i can set my mind to rest slightly ive not done something terrible to it by forgetting my tablets and see it on screen maybe that will make me feel better

Sorry im rambling now, you girls are so great i dont know what id do without you all xxx
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Really fed up, this might be a long one   Really fed up, this might be a long one EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 6:40 am

its probably just the sickness getting you down, its hard to feel excited about being pg when you feel so rubbish. You definately have enough love inside for both babies and C is going to love having a new playmate. x
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Really fed up, this might be a long one   Really fed up, this might be a long one EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 6:42 am

Aw hun, I'm not surprised you're feeling low/sick/tired etc. you do so so much!!

I too am feeling very scared that I'll not love this one as much as I do Libby, it just seems impossible. I also can't get excited until I've had my scan and I feel awful because I felt so differently with Libby.

Really hope you have a lovely stress free, relaxing holiday and start to feel better. Only a few more days and you'll see that little bubba and see that everything is ok!! Take care. xxx
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Really fed up, this might be a long one   Really fed up, this might be a long one EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 6:48 am

glad to hear you are feeling a bit better, looking at splitting the nights sounds like a good idea even if its just while you are pg to take some pressure off you.

good luck for thurs, i am sure all will be fine xxxx
Back to top Go down
Bumpwatcher

Bumpwatcher

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Really fed up, this might be a long one   Really fed up, this might be a long one EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 7:11 am

Sorry you have been feeling low. Given your working pattern, pregnancy and looking after C it is now surprise you are not feeling yourself. I have to say i felt a bit more detached from my second pregnancy and worried that i wouldn't be able to love the new baby as much. But it really wasn't the case. I have such a strong bond with Isla too and i am very protective over her, but i can honestly say i love them both sooo much and equally, although in different ways. I doubt there is any mother who hasn't had this worry, or felt guilty about not eating right, etc. It just shows that you care.

I hope that your holiday from work gives you the chance to relax and catch up on your sleep. In a few weeks time hopefully your ms will start to subside too.

x x x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Really fed up, this might be a long one   Really fed up, this might be a long one Empty

Back to top Go down

Really fed up, this might be a long one

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Really fed up, this might be a long one Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Really fed up, this might be a long one Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Really fed up, this might be a long one Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Really fed up, this might be a long one Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Really fed up, this might be a long one Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Really fed up, this might be a long one Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Really fed up, this might be a long one Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Really fed up, this might be a long one Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Really fed up, this might be a long one Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Really fed up, this might be a long one Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Really fed up, this might be a long one Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Really fed up, this might be a long one Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Really fed up, this might be a long one Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Really fed up, this might be a long one Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Really fed up, this might be a long one Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???