Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Any words of reassurance???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

Any words of reassurance??? _
PostSubject: Any words of reassurance???   Any words of reassurance??? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 9:06 am

Poor little Elijah is beyond tired and has been screaming for over an hour now (whenever he isn't eating) and we are all getting very very tired as this has been going on for nearly a week.........happy thoughts please before mari's head explodes Sad Any words of reassurance??? Sleep
Back to top Go down
Lita
Admin
Lita

About Me!
My Name: Lita
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Any words of reassurance???   Any words of reassurance??? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 9:10 am

Awww, sending you all big squidgy hugs! x
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Any words of reassurance???   Any words of reassurance??? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 9:12 am

I hope they aren't poo squidgy I've already had two of those today Sad
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Any words of reassurance???   Any words of reassurance??? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 9:14 am

Growth spurt?

I dont know hun but I remember well the frustration at being up for hrs at night with a screaming baby. You feel heart sorry for them but at the same time you feel bloody sorry for yourself too!!! Its horrible being sleep deprived. Would you feel comfortable taking him into bed with you for an hr? Caitlin used to doze/lie quietly lying flat with my arm around her. Im not saying fall asleep with him there until his next feed, just see if that calms him a bit.

Caitlin also used to like falling asleep upright on my chest? You've probably already tried that... Hmmm cant offer much advice, just that you arent alone and I promise it doesnt last forever.... just until theyre 1 if he anything like Caitlin lol xxx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Any words of reassurance???   Any words of reassurance??? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 9:16 am

It's been very much ongoing but this week has been an absolute horror. hubby is kindly giving him a bottle to give me a break - if all else fails i will wrap a cushion round me, latch him on and have a snooze Smile it just feels so awful after a few days you start to go a bit mad Any words of reassurance??? Sleep
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Any words of reassurance???   Any words of reassurance??? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 5:45 pm

Hun what about music, fund a song that soothes him. It use to work with son
And is sing it through the day but after 10 years can't remember what it was Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
EmzandFlick

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Any words of reassurance???   Any words of reassurance??? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 5:54 pm

Twinkle Twinkle and the orginal Hey Baby are songs that settle Flick xxx
Is he teething???
Maybe a little teething gel might help xxx
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Any words of reassurance???   Any words of reassurance??? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 6:54 pm

is he gripey, windy, colicy?? reflux?

i hope the wee poppet behaves for you soon !x
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Any words of reassurance???   Any words of reassurance??? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 8:15 pm

The Mocking Bird/Hush Little Baby song used to sooth Aimee a treat... we had it all setup on youtube every night ready for when she started!

x
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Any words of reassurance???   Any words of reassurance??? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 8:30 pm

Aww, Is it teething? We had this with Imogen at about that age and then we noticed to little front teeth. Hope he settle better soonx
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Any words of reassurance???   Any words of reassurance??? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 8:56 pm

Sounds like a growth spurt. C's song is Baby Mine from dumbo. Good luck and postivie thoughts x
Back to top Go down
mrsmb

mrsmb

About Me!
My Name: Kim

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Any words of reassurance???   Any words of reassurance??? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 9:03 pm

I would definitely recommend finding a song he likes on youtube which can sooth him. Stephen's is YMCA Any words of reassurance??? Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Any words of reassurance???   Any words of reassurance??? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 10:30 pm

I think the song idea is a really good one, we are 6 days into a new routine and it is starting to work but my god - naptimes/bedtime are harder than ever because he is sleeping at different times! I think I just need to remember that he will *eventually* fall asleep and can't scream forever Sad I think he is also starting to teeth although I can't feel any toothypegs.

Thanks for your words of support ladies, it's crazy how much you need them in the middle of the night!
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Any words of reassurance???   Any words of reassurance??? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 10:37 pm

yes defo music, like i said yesterday in your post, music is amazing at settling them. Maybe classical??? Have you got Classic FM on Sky?? x
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Any words of reassurance???   Any words of reassurance??? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 10:49 pm

We have a digital radio in the bedroom - we used to have classic fm on all night when he was very very little and now he doesn't like it on - I wonder if it brings back bad memories Laughing He seems to quite like radio 4 and it's nice for me to have something for me to listen to during night feeds haha will have a look for a more music-y channel though
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Any words of reassurance???   Any words of reassurance??? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 1:51 am

Mari it does sound as if he is crying out of tiredness. When he cries during the night do u take him out of the bedroom? Does he go to bed at a certain time? Its really hard i know remember when alfie was like that and me n gav took turns in rocking him constantly.

Have u tried feeding him at say 9pm in his room/your room in the dark with a night light playing. The n put him down in his basket - maybe with with comfort blanket. Then if he wakes during the night keeping it dark etc - no talking to him only making comforting sounds?

I know its easier said than done so dont wanna sound patronising lol - i just remember how hard it was back in the days!!
x
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Any words of reassurance???   Any words of reassurance??? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 5:24 am

well, we have had a more successful day today nap wise (day 7 so i would have hoped so!) so im hoping tonight will follow suit - we are thinking of a few things we can change, like music and lighting. I never take him out of the bedroom once he has 'gone to bed' (except on very rare occassions) I think for now just doing little changes at a time (like expecting him to nap Laughing)

i feel like we are finally getting somewhere, but wait til im on here asking for help at 2am tomorrow morning Very Happy haha
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Any words of reassurance???   Any words of reassurance??? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 5:40 am

i hope you get some sleep tonight so you're not so tired for tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Any words of reassurance???   Any words of reassurance??? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 5:55 am

me too, I got a bit last night though so the accumulative effect isn't so great! I'm packing our bag, do you need a pee mat? I notice it's raining already Any words of reassurance??? Icon_neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Any words of reassurance???   Any words of reassurance??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any words of reassurance???

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Any words of reassurance??? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Any words of reassurance??? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Any words of reassurance??? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Any words of reassurance??? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Any words of reassurance??? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Any words of reassurance??? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Any words of reassurance??? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Any words of reassurance??? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Any words of reassurance??? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Any words of reassurance??? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Any words of reassurance??? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Any words of reassurance??? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Any words of reassurance??? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Any words of reassurance??? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Any words of reassurance??? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???