Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

what was the best thing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

what was the best thing _
PostSubject: what was the best thing   what was the best thing EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 4:36 am

ever after giving birth ? , i dont mean the obvious , meeting your bubba , rush of love etc !

was the shower / bath afterwords more amazing than any other you have had ?

mine was the cup of coffee and toast ! , i like my toast , as mike would call it , warm bread Smile
well it was well toasted proper butter and not how i would have my normal cup of coffee but wow they were lush !!! , maybe cos i was still utterly spaced ? , i was looking for more while the m/w was rushing me in shower to get me back on ward so she could finish !
nom nom nom !
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: what was the best thing   what was the best thing EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 4:48 am

Yeh the tea lol, I have 3 sugars and she didnt ask how I have it, just brought it...and it was sooo sweet lol!

Although getting clean clothes on after my bath was pretty nice too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: what was the best thing   what was the best thing EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 4:53 am

Having a shower. I had a c-section so wasn't allowed up for ages and had been attached to monitors for 24 hours before that so felt really scummy
Back to top Go down
LesleyandBethany

About Me!
My Name: Lesley

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: what was the best thing   what was the best thing EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 5:04 am

I think it was the tea and toast as well. Looking back now I don't know how I ate it as there was still blood and good knows what else on the floor but at that point it was just what I needed x
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: what was the best thing   what was the best thing EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 5:20 am

I had an emergency section so the best bit for me (After hearing Amelia was alive) was the morphine kicking in about 30 mins later lol. I was as high as a kite.
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: what was the best thing   what was the best thing EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 5:31 am

mmm yeh deffo the cup of tea - it was like heaven !!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: what was the best thing   what was the best thing EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 5:42 am

Deff the tea and toast. I hadn't eaten since the previous day because I was having a cs so I was starving x
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: what was the best thing   what was the best thing EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 5:44 am

tea and toast! my shower was vile and i thought i was going to die on the floor so that wasn't great.......erm the midwives i had met at the dau over the past couple of weeks all nipped in to meet elijah Smile

oh and meeting a mormon woman and her 4th baby, she was the only other person in my bay of the ward, she was lovely and helpful.
Back to top Go down
EmzandFlick

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: what was the best thing   what was the best thing EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 6:01 am

Defo the tea and toast. Had Flick at 3.30am so they brought tea and toast for Dan too x
Mmmmm tea and toast - I'm off to put the kettle on Laughing
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: what was the best thing   what was the best thing EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 6:02 am

100% a shower, I had some yummy molton brown shower gel and put on a new nightie and gown, heaven!
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: what was the best thing   what was the best thing EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 6:04 am

Getting a couple of hours sleep! I'd had 96 hours of contractions before even gettin got hospital and then 25 hours more before she arrived. Lets just say I'd probably had about 5 hours sleep in that whole time. Exhausted was not the word!
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: what was the best thing   what was the best thing EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 6:51 am

the shower and changing into lovely clean pjs.

then my mum meeting hannah for the first time
x
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: what was the best thing   what was the best thing EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 7:06 am

the cuppa and just watching russ melt, 6ft 4in and very big man, just melted in an instant with this 8lb baby in his arms,

but the cuppa, was heaven

with rich it was him holding my nightie and refusing to let go, and my nan phoning delivery a minute after he was born
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: what was the best thing   what was the best thing EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 7:40 am

When the visitors left and I got to eat the cheese sarnie my MIL had left and just gaze at Caitlin lying sleeping blushlove
She was born at 3pm & I was ready to go back to ward at 6pm just as visiting started and even before I was wheeled to my room my MIL, SIL, & Stuart were waiting in the corridor. My mum, granda, cousin, aunty, uncle and friend arrived 30 min later. Was a bit peeved I didnt get to settle into my room (and do my make up!) before they arrived.

So yup alone time and a sarnie! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: what was the best thing   what was the best thing EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 7:49 am

Mine had to be the big pee on the loo afterwards Laughing ohh and the shower!

I hadn't eaten anything since breakfast that morning just before my waters started leaking and then never ate until the day after he was born..I was offered tea and toast but only ever got the tea..but surprisingly enough I wasn't even hungry. The following day though OH brought a Chicken mayo salad s/wich in for me and it was soooooo yummy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: what was the best thing   what was the best thing EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 7:58 am

doing makeup?????? going for a pee and enjoying it?????????? hmm.....neither of these things were on my radar at the time Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: what was the best thing   what was the best thing EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 9:29 am

make up ? seriously lol ?
saying that , with my second i was on a ward with a woman ( this still makes me LMFAO )she gave birth half just before me but the following morning she was in bathroom for about an hour ! came out hair was washed, dried ,curled put up , make up was full on then she took the humph ! she only brought in her pre pregnancy size 10 trousers and top that just would not fit no matter how hard she tried lol !!
serves her right for fuking off and leaving me with her baby at every opportunity ! , what got me more was she was planning stayin in hospital for a few days ( a break from her other child ! ) ,, why bother with all the fancy hair and make up !
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: what was the best thing   what was the best thing EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 9:39 am

The chicken sandwich matt bought me in as i hadnt eaten or drank in 24 hours and the hospital wouldn't feed me, even if I did throw it back up after Very Happy On the make up thing, when I'm going round the wards there are quite a few new mums who look amazing with full make up on, there are a lot who look like crap of course too Laughing I dont think I looked at my make up bag for at least 3 weeks after
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: what was the best thing   what was the best thing EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 9:40 am

LOL I never left my pre pregnancy jeans....they still fitted, but i still wore a pair of soft baggy joggers in hozzy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: what was the best thing   what was the best thing EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 10:00 am

I was gutted I didnt have time to put my make up on! I had a wee bag of essentials in my labour bag - and then didnt have time to put it on. My SIL had pics of me on her FB that night, and MIL took pics taken 3 hrs after Caitlin was born into my bloody work the next day - I wasnt impressed! So yup I really wish id the chance to put a dab of foundation, blusher and mascara on!

In saying that I dont wear make up every day now. I dont know why it was so important - but Im packing make up again this time!
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: what was the best thing   what was the best thing EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 10:09 am

Mine was the kfc on the way back from the hospital! Charlie was born at 3pm and I was the only one on the ward they let me go home at about 8pm.
I couldn't wait to eat! It was charlies first visit to a take away lmao!
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: what was the best thing   what was the best thing EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 7:57 pm

With Libby it was nothing that I can remember, I was absolutely knackered, couldnt eat and passed out in the shower Rolling Eyes

But because Dexter's birth was so quick and great, the shower after he was born was pure heaven!! Also they brought me a tuna and cucumber sandwich, a cup of tea and I had a bag of licorice allsorts - they all tasted sooooooo good!! (in fact I'm gonna get a bag today Laughing ) xx
Back to top Go down
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: what was the best thing   what was the best thing EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 8:12 pm

i am trying to remember the fav things after having my first 2 ,
with my first i was starving through labour but they wouldnt let me eat so a maccy ds was brought to me and just as i sat on bed to munch it visitors arrived !
i really cannot remember what was best about my second
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: what was the best thing   what was the best thing EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 9:27 pm

When we stayed over night just before Amelia came home we ordered a dominos not knowing wether they would deliver it as soon as we said hopsital he said let me guess labour ward. lmao
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: what was the best thing   what was the best thing EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 9:30 pm

I don't really remember.. I didn't have anything really. Immi was born just before 10pm then family came to see her, i got a quick wash and straight to bed. So i guess sleep was the best thing.

I did appreciate the mass amount of grapes i got the next day. I love me some grapes. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: what was the best thing   what was the best thing Empty

Back to top Go down

what was the best thing

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
what was the best thing Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
what was the best thing Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
what was the best thing Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
what was the best thing Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
what was the best thing Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
what was the best thing Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
what was the best thing Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
what was the best thing Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
what was the best thing Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
what was the best thing Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
what was the best thing Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
what was the best thing Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
what was the best thing Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
what was the best thing Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
what was the best thing Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words