Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

fighting a loosing battle :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
xemplus2x

xemplus2x

About Me!
My Name: Emma
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

fighting a loosing battle :( _
PostSubject: fighting a loosing battle :(   fighting a loosing battle :( EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 12:19 am

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats all Laughing Laughing

shes what 2 & 1/2 and we're still no where near being trained!! I just wana cry. she says when shes been, or just as shes going but not before. I try to get her to sit on potty or toilet nope she's not intrested.

I bought her 'princess polly potty' book seen loads of reviews on it in a mag and said really helped.... did for a day lol shes lost all intrest.

When I go I try to get her to sit on her potty same time nope. I thought being around older kids now in playgroup...nope. (I wanted her trained by now to go back)

I put on her on hourly nope soon as she comes off 5 mins later she'l go!!

what else can I do?!?! lol

once and only once this has happened & I thought I'd cracked it!! but sat her on loo, nope nothin we read a book, nothing got her off and she said 'ooo mummy poo comming now' satbher back on and yep she went for a poo!! but thats only time..... never again.

dont know if hollie is holding her back?? as she says 'i want to wear nappies same as hollie' say to her no big girls wear knickers bought her loads of dif ones pepper pig etc nope she wants nappies same as hollie. she lies down pn her changing mat when wet/dirty... what can I do??? looks like she'l be in nappies till shes 18 haha
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: fighting a loosing battle :(   fighting a loosing battle :( EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 2:52 am

Hmmmm don't beat yourself up about her not doing it yet, as some naturally take til they are 3, maybe she just isn't ready..BUT that doesn't help that you wanted it done!

I do a thing with Izzy which although rather an odd technique I get quite good results Laughing Not sure if with work with Lily but worth a go.
Basically I ask her regularly if she is a baby..and she says 'ohhh noooo, not baby', so I say 'thats right you are a big girl like Ella(her older cousin)/other older little girl' (hopefully she has a much older friend who you an use as an example!)

Then if she goes to do something naughty like tip her food on the table I say 'oh no only babies do that' .. and she doesn't want to do baby things then!
Used it too when she was training, she'd ask for a nappy rather than sit and do a wee, so I'd say 'babies wear nappies but big girls wear knickers and do wees on the potty' ' do you want a nappy or knickers'....she wanted knickers!

I also used reward stickers, she had one every time she sat on the potty at first, then one for wees and one for poos, I just got some from Wilkos as they are really cheap and they do animal ones as well as the 'well done ' ones.

Also chocolate is a good bribe..I'd say 'you sit on the potty, try for a weewee... and eat this little bit of choccy' while she was sat watching the TV...sometimes she'd sit there ages and not do one, others she would do something on there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Kitcat4192

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: fighting a loosing battle :(   fighting a loosing battle :( EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:59 am

Emma is the same age Hun and we are nowhere near. She will say loo, loo when she's actually done something and wee and poo but will say stuck when we put her on the loo or potty. I figure she will take to it when she wants to. It's frustrating but I'd try and let her guide you. They get there. Just annoying when so many of the same age are all dry. Glad it's not just Emma though x
Back to top Go down
xemplus2x

xemplus2x

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: fighting a loosing battle :(   fighting a loosing battle :( EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 7:20 am

thanks girls, I do say to her 'no babies do that not big girls' she still has her dummy to go to bed with again she wont give it up. and cant blame hollie for that one as she doenst have one. I say to her only babies have dummies but its like she wants to stay a baby.

maybe its an attention thing??

im so glad lillies not the only one, I feel embarresed when we go to toddler groups or her playgroup as everyone else her age are dry Embarassed I feel myself explaining all the time. xxx
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: fighting a loosing battle :(   fighting a loosing battle :( EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 10:25 am

I really wouldnt worry hun, although that doesnt help you, but she is still quite young, its only really from this age on they have a good understanding of using a potty/toilet. Trust me if you try to push her she will be in nappys a lot longer, just let her go at her own pace, they naturally come out of them by themselves xx
Back to top Go down
helz456

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: fighting a loosing battle :(   fighting a loosing battle :( EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 7:49 pm

hey Em hun, Megan is STILL not trained either!! Bet that makes you feel better!! I was going to try it this weekend coming but shes been ill so not sure if I will push her too much this week. I feel exactly the same as you though hun and even if you take into account Megan being premature, shes still 2 years 7 months in developmental stage?!!! Hey we can meet up and spend the day potty training them together lol! eh? xxxx
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: fighting a loosing battle :(   fighting a loosing battle :( EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 3:43 am

Awww hun, Aimee isnt trained and I have only just started giving it a proper go this week.

She has no way been ready before now, and im hoping that we can start making some headway.

I will be totally honest, the only thing that seems to 'click' with Aimee is bribery. I swear, this child has had more cookies and chocolate today than I can even think about (well, 2 choc chip cookies and 1 KitKat finger, but thats a lot for her). We do have some Peppa Pig stickers too, so I have started getting an A4 piece of paper each day and every time she goes, she gets a sticker to put on it. Worth a try, although the chocolate is more exciting than a Peppa Pig sticker at the moment.

x
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: fighting a loosing battle :(   fighting a loosing battle :( EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 6:02 am

In all honesty I wouldnt worry. Parents seem to spend an awful long time worrying about getting off bottles/dummies/nappie etc and i always use the argument 'how many 18 year olds do you know using a bottle/dummy/nappy'. Some take longer some dont but they all do it in the end
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: fighting a loosing battle :(   fighting a loosing battle :( EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 6:28 am

I bet he still uses a nappy! LMFAO!!! Very Happy

fighting a loosing battle :( Fetish3

See Em, there is always a bright side, and our kids are not going to turn out like this:
Back to top Go down
helz456

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: fighting a loosing battle :(   fighting a loosing battle :( EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 9:47 am

pah!!! I hope you are right Laura Laughing xx
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: fighting a loosing battle :(   fighting a loosing battle :( EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 9:58 am

pale
Back to top Go down
xemplus2x

xemplus2x

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: fighting a loosing battle :(   fighting a loosing battle :( EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 6:44 am

pmsl!!

But update girls last week (I know its a while since I 1st posted this) I thought argh enough is enough I put it off and off. we moved in here on the sat adn thought right sod it, wed thur and fri I was off work thought right lets just do it put it off enough!!

put her straight in knickers.... and I've had only 1 accident (sorry lillie has haha) soooooooooo amazed never thought she was ready ready but she was! whoop shes been to school in knickers. amazing! we do have a problem with poo but I think its common isnt it (might do a post now actually) she holds it. but all that worrying pft done! and she's nearly dry at night too whooop!! xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: fighting a loosing battle :(   fighting a loosing battle :( Empty

Back to top Go down

fighting a loosing battle :(

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk :: Potty Training-
Latest topics
» Spotting
fighting a loosing battle :( Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
fighting a loosing battle :( Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
fighting a loosing battle :( Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
fighting a loosing battle :( Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
fighting a loosing battle :( Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
fighting a loosing battle :( Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
fighting a loosing battle :( Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
fighting a loosing battle :( Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
fighting a loosing battle :( Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
fighting a loosing battle :( Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
fighting a loosing battle :( Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
fighting a loosing battle :( Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
fighting a loosing battle :( Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
fighting a loosing battle :( Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
fighting a loosing battle :( Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words