Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Second babies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

Second babies _
PostSubject: Second babies   Second babies EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 12:32 pm

How did you find having a second baby? Jamie did quite honestly sleep 3 hours in 24 when he was born but I know that Adam worries that another one would be worse (I don't see how). Typically first babies in my family do everything early but don't sleep (which was basically what Jamie was like) but don't sleep but second babies do nothing but sleep. However, second babies in Adam's family don't sleep. I don't see how it can be any worse and am willing to risk it (although not just yet) but Adam's not so sure. Not sure how to feel about this and wondered how everyone else found their second one
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Second babies _
PostSubject: Re: Second babies   Second babies EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 1:33 pm

My opinion is that all babies are different so you cant guarantee anything.

My experience of Caitlin was that she was a little loveable nightmare! Like Jamie she did not sleep. I remember when she was 3 weeks old keeping a diary and she was awake/BF something stupid like 20hrs of the day. She would feed at 2am and then scream until 5/6am. It was draining! However, that was due to her milk allergy and once I stopped BF and went to non-allergic formula she was much more settled. Saying that, up until 18months or so she still woke several times a night for her dummy so was never a great sleeper.

Joshua however - sleeps amazing! Well prob normal to most mums, but amazing to me after Caitlin. 2 nights recently he has gone 130- 930am. He rarely settles before 1 am but I dont care as from about 5 weeks old he has then gone until around 6am and after a feed settles again until 10/11am! (Dont get me wrong there are bad nights when im up every 2hrs but they few and far behind and normally I know why eg growth spurt/windy/the cold). He such a smiley baby and loves lying watching Caitlin - and she loves him. During the day he sleeps loads too so I get time with her still. I know im prob talking too soon though as he still in that sleepy newborn stage, but even still, its nowhere near as hard as I thought. The worst time is prob 10-1am when he feeds alot and is restless but at least Caitlin in bed and a feed or a cuddle is all he needs.

I cant say this is because he is a second baby though. Is it a boy vs girl thing? A 2nd baby thing? Because he was btl fed (possibly tbh?), he doesnt have a milk allergy & Caitlin did? Im more relaxed with a 2nd? I dont have the the time to pander to him 24/7 so he HAS to learn to cry for a bit while I do something for Caitlin & so learns to self soothe himself a bit???

I really dont think you can predict how a baby will be. For me Joshua is a dote.... but you know what? If he'd been a horror like Caitlin, I think id have been better prepared. Id know that it didnt last forever and the joy he would eventually bring lol! I started ttc when Caitlin was about 18months, and I did have my wobbles (especially in early pg when I was so sick & felt like I was neglecting Caitlin/when Caitlin began to speak & be her own wee person - I felt guilty that I was going to ruin her little world or she wasnt enough for me), but I dont regret it for a min... in ways I wish they were a few months closer.

Sorry my advice is a bit crap, kinda you never know what you will get but regardless it will all be ok in the end???

Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Second babies _
PostSubject: Re: Second babies   Second babies EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 7:04 pm

Nothing much to add.
I agree with snoops that they're all different.
Mine have all been great sleepers
Back to top Go down
Bumpwatcher

Bumpwatcher

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

Second babies _
PostSubject: Re: Second babies   Second babies EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 7:57 pm

I was the other way round, Immy (first) was an angel, fed well and slept extremely well considering 100% bf, whereas Isla was an unhappy horror for the first 6 months of her life! I wasn't prepared for an 'awkward' baby plus a toddler, so i found it really hard work.

I too am glad i had them close together, and also felt that same guilt early on for Immy that i was ruining her life, when actually having a sibling close in age is one of the best gifts x
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Second babies _
PostSubject: Re: Second babies   Second babies EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:26 pm

Aww babes are different aye

paige was a dream as a baby. she slept well n what not. okay she had her days like all babies do..
Where as Trent is a nightmare. he screams fuses completely different to paige x
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

Second babies _
PostSubject: Re: Second babies   Second babies EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:52 pm

Snoopy I think you've summed up how I feel. I think even if I had a second one just as bad at least I'd be prepared. Now I just have to convince hubby. I keep trying to tell him every baby is different. Mind you I suppose we could end up with a baby that doesn't sleep but is also never happy. Hmm perhaps I still need some convincing myself
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

Second babies _
PostSubject: Re: Second babies   Second babies EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:36 pm

i've had two angel sleepers luckily!
x
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Second babies _
PostSubject: Re: Second babies   Second babies EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:48 pm

Rich never slept till he was nearly 8yrs or something like that I've blocked it out lol

Lucas as slept since birth, he is the dream baby I'm still waiting for nightmare stage with him, but he's crawling and into everything lol so maybe it's coming

I keep getting told that pip is going to be the baby from hell, but you know if I don't sleep for the next few years, nothing will be as bad as it was with rich and I did that alone

When you ready you will be ready x hope hubby comes around soon x
Back to top Go down
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

Second babies _
PostSubject: Re: Second babies   Second babies EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:42 am

i'm with the others, all babies are so different!

lily-ann was a decent sleeper, the hospital had us feeding her 4hourly overnight and we kind of stuck to that until she was about 3-4months old...when we stopped she was straight to sleeping through, so she was lovely and easy for sleeping(unfortunately that changed when Rett kicked in!)
lewis slept through almost from the start, he didn't eat much in the day and cluster fed late afternoon/early evening and then slept through the night
i know that this baby will be an all night screamer! lol. i'm up most of the night already with lil miss anyways so not really likely to make a difference! lol
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Second babies _
PostSubject: Re: Second babies   Second babies EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:10 am

Well C and A are so similar in some ways and polar opposites in others. C had reflux til she was 6 months but was still an easier baby id say attacks of reflux aside but has grown into a toddler who sleeps AMAZINGLY and is affectionate, funny and loving but quite high maintenance attention wise and an awful fussy eater.

A on the other hand was hard work as a tiny with being clingy and screaming i felt like i didnt put her down for the 1st 6 months for more than 10 seconds. Now though shes an easy going self sufficent independent cheerful lil miss who adores her food but is still a crap sleeper. She can be as hot tempered as C but is generally way more easy going. Shes also very affectionate and funny though, they do have that in common.

So who can tell hon
Back to top Go down
SuziandGracie

SuziandGracie

Edit MY profile

Second babies _
PostSubject: Re: Second babies   Second babies EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 2:33 am

i am bricking my 2nd as gracie was a brilliant baby only made sounds when hungry or dirty never cried unless she was naked, slept most of the day and only woke for one feed during the night so she would feed last at 9pm wake at 3am then again at 6am
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Second babies _
PostSubject: Re: Second babies   Second babies Empty

Back to top Go down

Second babies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Second babies Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Second babies Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Second babies Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Second babies Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Second babies Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Second babies Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Second babies Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Second babies Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Second babies Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Second babies Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Second babies Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Second babies Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Second babies Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Second babies Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Second babies Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???