Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Nay

Nay

About Me!
My Name: Naomi
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again _
PostSubject: Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again   Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 6:48 pm

Morning Ladies,

For the last few days now I have had a very weird head, feels like it is full of cotton wool Exclamation , I get very dizzy even when laying down in bed and I keep seeing stars. Do you think this could be related to my blood pressure even though every time I have had it checked it has been fine.

Oooh one other thing I am suffering with a lot of water retention not sure if this is related too.

Thanks in advance xxx

Last edited by NayNay79 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
*ShevAndLissieLou*

*ShevAndLissieLou*

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again   Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 6:54 pm

Sounds like it could be your blood pressure hun, I would give your GP or MW a ring and ask their advice, as with regards to the water retention a lady I know started with water retention in the hands and feet around the same time as you, but im not sure whether thats normal though. Hopefully one of the more experienced ladies will be able to help you better. Hope your ok though xx
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again   Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 6:56 pm

Well not sure hun because visual disturbances and fluid retention are both symptoms of hypertension which can indicate pre eclampsia but if you have had your bp checked and it's fine then I dont know? I would defo ring mw though hun just to put your mind at ease. I know visual disturbances is something they take really seriously from my own experience of being sent up the hospital for monitoring many times Rolling Eyes but then I always had raised bp too scratch Give your mw a ring hun xx
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again   Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 7:11 pm

I had visual disturbances (black spotty star type things) very late on, also water retention, but my blood pressure was sky high - 175/110. When was the last time your BP was checked?, I know it can rise very quickly so it might be worth seeing if you can an appointment with your gp/midwife. xx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again   Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 7:36 pm

Like the other ladies said, it can be a sign of pre-eclampsia which is no good at all! I had lots of water retention and very high bp which came on extremely quickly and resulted in a quite sudden baby haha try not to worry but high bp can come on really fast so I would give your midwife a ring and insist on being checked Smile
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again   Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 8:35 pm

I have seen black dots most of the way through this PG but my BP has been low this time average of 100/60 or 70.
it may have dropped a little too, so go get checked out xx
Back to top Go down
xemplus2x

xemplus2x

About Me!
My Name: Emma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again   Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 9:26 pm

Im just going to echo what the rest have said, does sounds like blood pressure.
either high or low can cause that. Id ring the MW hun to be on the safe side x x x
Back to top Go down
Nay

Nay

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again   Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 9:57 pm

Hi Girls,

Thanks for your replies. I have phoned my midwife and left her a message but i'm not sure if she works on Wednesdays, so I have decided to pop to my GP's and get my BP checked.

xxx
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again   Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 1:07 am

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

I remember getting bright spots with Aimee, but nothing yet this time xx
Back to top Go down
mumplus4

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again   Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 1:50 am

good luck hun.xxx.
Back to top Go down
Nay

Nay

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again   Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 2:24 am

Well I have been seen by one of the nurses at my sugery (who funnily enough used to practice as a midwife) and she would like me to be seen by a midwife A.S.A.P. so I am waiting for them to give me a call to let me know when and where to go. She checked my blood pressure and that has gone up, my ankles are still swollen and in general I just don't feel right. Crying or Very sad Lets hope I get sorted soon

Thanks for all your advice girls it's really reassuring to have you girls to sound out Very Happy xxxx
Back to top Go down
*ShevAndLissieLou*

*ShevAndLissieLou*

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again   Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 4:26 am

Oh hun, glad you got seen, but hope its nothing too serious for you. xx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again   Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 5:14 am

hope they give you something to try and keep your bp down, at least at 22 weeks they (you!) have caught it quite early Very Happy hope you feel better soon!
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again   Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 5:29 am

Awww, i hope you are ok hun.

Keep us posted xx
Back to top Go down
Nay

Nay

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again   Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 4:49 am

Well I'm currently on the settee with my feet raised to try and bring down the swelling in my ankles that seems have doubled in size Shocked since wed, I've also been told to rest as much as possible as my BP has gone up again and I am waiting for the midwife to call with some blood results that were done today as she asked them to be rushed through. What happens after that I don't know, just go to wait and see.

I'm trying not to stress too much about all of this but with it being my first baby I can't help it so I suppose that doesn't help with my BP either but having you girls to talk to helps alot....thanks for that Very Happy

I shall update again when I have the results of my bloods xxxx
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again   Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 5:15 am

Oh no Sad Fingers crossed your bloods will come back OK and your BP comes down hun. I know how worrying it is but if it doesn't come down itself, they can give you medication to help. Take it easy and don't stress out!!! (easier said than done I know) xx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again   Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 6:42 am

heya Smile sorry that you are having such a stressful time - hopefully they will prescribe you something to help with your blood pressure, and having lots of rest will bring it down too - it's so easy to say don't stress but the more I got my bp checked the more stressed I got! Keep us posted, hopefully your bloods will come back normal.
They will be testing your white cell count to see if your kidneys are working well and your urine for protein as these things combined with high blood pressure can be pre-eclampsia, it is treatable but you will probably need to rest and have a bit of an early baby Smile anyway, I won't worry you with the ins and outs of all that - hope you are doing ok this evening Very Happy
Back to top Go down
*ShevAndLissieLou*

*ShevAndLissieLou*

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again   Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 6:51 am

Fingers crossed they come back soon for you Naomi xx
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again   Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 7:39 pm

Dont let them just leave you whatever you do Nay, make sure they treat your bp with medication to keep it down and keep monitoring that lil bean and when they say rest REST, like doing sweet feck all. Make your OH do it all, if you are heading to pre eclampsia you need to stave it off as long as possible. I didnt listen to them when they said rest last time and they didnt treat my bp and i ended up with an emergency section so do as they say and chill out honey. PM me if you need anything. xxx
Back to top Go down
Nay

Nay

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again   Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 4:53 am

Hi Ladies,

Thanks again for all your replies, well my bloods have come back fine (thankfully) for pre-eclampsia but my BP is still up Shocked and i'm still suffering with the funny heads and generally not feeling quite right. I have spent the last three days doing absolutely doing nothing and the swelling in my ankles seems to have gone down..woohoo. My MW came out to see me today and has taken more bloods as my bloods from Friday were not checked for iron levels so i'm awaiting the results for those, hopefully should get them back tomorrow. Can your iron levels affect your BP???
So all in all i'm still non the wiser as to why my BP is high but at least we know it's not pre-eclampsia Very Happy

Thanks again for all your support...it means a lot xxxx
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again   Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 4:55 am

Ah that's great that your bloods were clear, fingers crossed for the iron levels too (I don't know if that can affect your BP though). xx
Back to top Go down
*ShevAndLissieLou*

*ShevAndLissieLou*

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again   Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 5:17 am

Ahh thats great news that its not PE and fingers crossed for your other bloods. xx
Back to top Go down
mumplus4

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again   Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 1:15 am

thats great news hun lets hope your bloods will come bck clear.xxxx.
Back to top Go down
Nay

Nay

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again   Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 5:39 am

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I have took so long to update....well my bloods came back fine so that was a relief but my BP was still quite high so I was told to rest and had all of last week off doing nowt which was quite frustrating as we moved at the weekend and I couldn't do anything to help....also have had no internet..boo Sad . I had my BP checked again last friday and it had gone down so I was allowed back to work on monday...so all is looking good for now Very Happy xxx
Back to top Go down
*ShevAndLissieLou*

*ShevAndLissieLou*

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again   Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 4:30 am

Oh NayNay im glad to hear your bloods came back clear and that your BP has dropped back down. Hope your feeling better now xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again   Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again Empty

Back to top Go down

Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Conceiving, Pregnancy & Birth :: Pregnancy-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Is it normal to see stars *UPDATED* and *UPDATED* again Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???