Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Advice needed - acid reflux

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
J1

Edit MY profile

Advice needed - acid reflux _
PostSubject: Advice needed - acid reflux   Advice needed - acid reflux EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 7:39 am

Ok here goes, probably wrong section so admin you can move it in a little while.

I bought a swing for Edith when she was 2 weeks old from a girl with a little girl too. the girl had been diagnosed with acid reflux.

now i kept her on my FB and we have a chat now again and compare crying babies Very Happy

but today we have spoken and she is really really upset. Keavie is really bad today with screaming, and its gotten to her understandibly so i said i would ask you lovely ladies for advice.

keavie takes 3oz every 3 hours, doesnt settle, is always restless and can be laughing away then all of a sudden start screaming a horrible scream, does this sound like just reflex??

Gemma thinks its more but her docs arent taking her seriously, they think she is just a mardi baby, docs words "are you sure she isnt just mardi?" Shocked

i am basically wondering if anyone has any advice or opinions on whether its normal or what she can do to relieve symptoms.

Last edited by JoAandGirls on Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SuziandGracie

SuziandGracie

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - acid reflux   Advice needed - acid reflux EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 7:42 am

my sisters little one was like this it was a massive reflux problem gaviscon didnt work and she is now under a pediatrition (sp) her little girl is now on omoprozol which is fantastic i can get the name of the other meds she has tried so your friend can go to the docs armed with medications she would like to try maybe he will then see she means business x
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - acid reflux   Advice needed - acid reflux EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 7:45 am

See thats what i think, she is on gaviscon but it doesnt seem to do anything and they keep sending her away.

They havent been prepared to change anything so far.

Thanks suze that would be great.

Have given her the link to the forum so hopefully she will join Smile
Back to top Go down
SuziandGracie

SuziandGracie

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - acid reflux   Advice needed - acid reflux EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 7:51 am

il ext my sister now but cant guarentee an answer tonight she is rubbish at texting back x
Back to top Go down
SuziandGracie

SuziandGracie

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - acid reflux   Advice needed - acid reflux EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 7:56 am

domperidone - sickness
ranitidine - acid
thats what they tried first
omoperzol - acid - very expensive drug in liquid form so dont like handing this out

also a forum called livingwithreflux its just a website but has a forum attached to it x
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - acid reflux   Advice needed - acid reflux EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 7:59 am

Thank you so much suze Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
SuziandGracie

SuziandGracie

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - acid reflux   Advice needed - acid reflux EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 8:01 am

no problem tess said that the gaviscon was usless on Olivia, she still has sickness some days but not every day now - yesterday when i had her was a bad day she ended up going home in a pyjama top of gracies bless her she looked like a clown she is 5 months wearing gracies 12-18month top lol
Back to top Go down
jewbag86

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - acid reflux   Advice needed - acid reflux EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 8:14 am

hi jody had sever refulx baby ad has been on all the meds . and was an AWFUL baby lil_jewbag@htomail.com feel fre tp pass on my add or julia bartlett on facebook .
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - acid reflux   Advice needed - acid reflux EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 8:17 am

gaviscon was just b*llocks for elijah, but he seemed to grow out of it (by about 4 months - not great to tell someone with a very little baby though!) and it doesnt sound like he was as bad.
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - acid reflux   Advice needed - acid reflux EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 8:24 am

mari she is about 13 weeks now i think Crying or Very sad

how much more will they let her suffer before they do anything??
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - acid reflux   Advice needed - acid reflux EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 8:28 am

i would keep going to different g.ps at my surgery until someone helped - my hv was a total arse who refused to believe we had thrush and thought i was being hysterical (she is so nasty and patronising, i could hear her rolling her eyes on the phone) so sometimes you have to push and push and push to get what you need - not ideal, and really hard when you are already sore and tired, but you have to stand your ground
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - acid reflux   Advice needed - acid reflux EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 8:40 am

i know, its making me mad for her! poor little thing is suffering and the docs just keep "giving it a bit longer"
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - acid reflux   Advice needed - acid reflux EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 8:46 am

i guess they are cautious about giving a little baby lots of drugs - and there is a good chance she will grow out of it (elijah did before we got past gaviscon) but that doesnt help when you are faced with a miserable poorly baby!
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - acid reflux   Advice needed - acid reflux EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 7:37 pm

Caelyn had it pretty severely Jo and gaviscon also did sod all for her. She ended up on a prescription milk called Enfamil AR, domperidone and ranitidine. It still didnt stop it but reduced the attacks to manageable til i weaned her at 17 weeks which seemed to solve it enough for me to stop her meds at 6/7 months when they said id have to give em to her til she was a year. She stayed on enamil til a year though.

If you google infant reflux theres a lot of sites, i found little refluxers one of the best.

Some of the advice they give is:
Work on the basis of head up, so after a feed keep em upright for 30-60 mins and put blocks upder head of cot to have them sleeping head up as it keeps the stomach acid down - c used to nap in her vibrating bouncy chair as it kept her settled.

Swaddling worked for me, i actually swaddled til 5 months in the end as it helped her sleep, i also used a sleep positioner to keep her left side tilted which keeps the stomach under the oesophaus which makes it harder for acid to stay up

White noise or similar helps them relax to sleep and more relaxed the less acid attacks they get.

I also bathed C every single night and massaged her which did same thing and learned a bit of infant relexology which helped. Tell your friend to lie her down - upper half propped on a pillow to keep her head up and have the soles of her feet facing you. Using tiny circular motions start on the top of the left side of the heel of the left foot, circle up the side of the sole of the foot til you get to the balls of the toes then along to the right side of the sole under the balls of the toes, then go to the right foot and reverse the motion so along the bals of the toes and down the right side of the sole to the heel - basically as if you were tracing the outline of the bowel on the soles of the feet. Also with massage massage in gentle sweeping motions from right hip up to ribs along to left and back down to left hip. I dont think ive described that very well but google probably has info on it.

Carry slings are pretty good for settling too, C often snuggled into me in one and it settled her well and i also used Dr Brown bottles and they seem to make a difference

Good luck to your friend, its horrible and feels like its never going to end but it does xxx
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - acid reflux   Advice needed - acid reflux EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 7:50 pm

Thanks Mario thats fantastic advice, i knew C had had it really bad xxx
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - acid reflux   Advice needed - acid reflux EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 8:03 pm

Yeah sorry i was gonna answer yesterday or day before when you posted it but my head was so muzzy i couldnt make myself make sense lol. If i think of owt else i will post it but the little refluxers was a godsend for me. Its all on there bar the reflexology and massage stuff which i learned on a course.
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - acid reflux   Advice needed - acid reflux EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 8:06 pm

Oh and i had to throw my teddies out the pram big time to get listened to and took her to a and e on a saturday night in the end. So dont give up
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - acid reflux   Advice needed - acid reflux EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 11:55 pm

Thanks Mario Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Advice needed - acid reflux   Advice needed - acid reflux Empty

Back to top Go down

Advice needed - acid reflux

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Advice needed - acid reflux Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Advice needed - acid reflux Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Advice needed - acid reflux Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Advice needed - acid reflux Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Advice needed - acid reflux Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Advice needed - acid reflux Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Advice needed - acid reflux Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Advice needed - acid reflux Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Advice needed - acid reflux Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Advice needed - acid reflux Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Advice needed - acid reflux Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Advice needed - acid reflux Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Advice needed - acid reflux Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Advice needed - acid reflux Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Advice needed - acid reflux Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???