Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Hospital bag....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Hospital bag.... _
PostSubject: Hospital bag....   Hospital bag.... EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 12:34 am

Ok so I've sorted out what Dexter needs, I think, I've packed him the following:

2 x vests
2 x sleepsuits
Snowsuit type thing to come home in
A hat
Nappies (about 6)
Wipes
Cotton wool

But I'm really struggling with what to pack for myself, I know last time I took everything that they recommend but didnt use half of it, but I'm struggling to remember what - can you ladies help me???

I'm going with the following for me:

Comfy outfit for afterwards (joggers and hoody)
Lots of dark knickers!!
Loads of maternity pads
Breast pads
PJ's & a nightie
Socks
Toiletries (deo, shower gel, shampoo etc)
Maybe a few snacky things? (Although I packed LOADS last time and didnt eat them)
Old dark towel

Is there anything I've missed??

Thank you Very Happy xxxx
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

Hospital bag.... _
PostSubject: Re: Hospital bag....   Hospital bag.... EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 1:05 am

i took glucose sweets with me which were a god send. i was up for 2 days straight as i didnt sleep in hospital.

maybe a small bottle of juice like blackcurrant to put in your water

hair brush and bands?
Back to top Go down
tattyT

tattyT

About Me!
My Name: tattyT
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

Hospital bag.... _
PostSubject: Re: Hospital bag....   Hospital bag.... EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 1:39 am

dressing gown n slippers?

Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

Hospital bag.... _
PostSubject: Re: Hospital bag....   Hospital bag.... EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 2:13 am

I packed everthing bar the kitchen sink in mine but what I used were:

Toiletries: deoderant, shower gel, toothbrush, toothpaste
hairbands and a brush
nightie for giving birth then pjs for after
phone charger
comfy pillow
dressing gown
slippers
maternity pads
breast pads
friends and family guy dvds (I was in for a while lol)
hairdryer
Stuff for oh (He stayed in hospital with me the whole time I was there)

I forgot a towel but wished I'd had one because the hospital ones were tiny
Also forgot a bra, lol
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Hospital bag.... _
PostSubject: Re: Hospital bag....   Hospital bag.... EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 4:13 am

Another week before can do thisas need to be paid first to buy some sutff but i gotta make a list soon! I packed way too much last time and am cutting it down to minimum this time
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Hospital bag.... _
PostSubject: Re: Hospital bag....   Hospital bag.... EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 6:17 am

Thanks ladies Very Happy

Kelly I was the same, I only had about 4 hours in 3 nights due to being in hospital before being induced. I didnt have anything like the glucose sweets so might pack some. And yeah a hairbrush and bands I'll put in as well.

Tara, dont really do dressing gowns but defo slippers Smile

Kayleigh, must remember my phone charger!! I remember Simon had to bring that in for me the day after I was admitted. Not too bothered about stuff for Simon - he can sort himself out!! Laughing

Lise, yeah I'm the same - cannot wait for that blinking payday!! Mind you I've got so much planned for it I, I think I've forgotten how little I actually get Laughing I just want to get a list together and then I know what I need to buy.

Thanks again ladies xxxx
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci

Edit MY profile

Hospital bag.... _
PostSubject: Re: Hospital bag....   Hospital bag.... EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 7:48 am

okay here is what i took in for me.. i used every thing but the water spray lol

going home clothes
towl
pants
mat pads
nighty
pj's
drressing gown and flip flops
shower gel, tooth paste, mouth wash, body spray, cream, little comb n that kinda stuff

straws.. i couldnt drink laying down
lip balm for gas and air
sweeties.. as i didn eat any thing that day and i felt sick so had a large bag or mnms and fruit gums n had a sugar rush lol
some thing to read,
my phone
and a fruit shoot bottle with water in to help the pain of peeing.
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

Hospital bag.... _
PostSubject: Re: Hospital bag....   Hospital bag.... EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 6:06 am

nursing bra! and hairbrush, i forgot the hairbrush. don't forget your toothbrush and some toothpaste, my mouth felt awful after my gas+air-fest!

some wipes of some kind for your face too if you don't have any, just for after in case you can't get straight to the shower Smile ahhh brings back memories Laughing

oh and yeah lipbalm and a bottle of water (for down there, and also cos i was really thirsty but they didn't bring water as often as i needed it - then again once i got home i was scared to drink cos i didn't want to pee ever again Laughing)
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Hospital bag.... _
PostSubject: Re: Hospital bag....   Hospital bag.... EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 6:28 am

Thanks ladies!! Very Happy

Mari, oh god dont remind me about the after birth shower attempt Hospital bag.... 548646 I think that will haunt me forever!! Laughing

I just wish I knew what was going to happen, part of me feels like I should pack for worst case scenario (c-section and being in for days) but then I really just want to pop him out and ideally be home the same day.

I suppose even if I did have to stay in for longer Simon can go and get stuff if I need it.

Well I've got a list of things that I hadnt thought of so thanks again Very Happy xxx
Back to top Go down
Nay

Nay

About Me!
My Name: Naomi
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Hospital bag.... _
PostSubject: Re: Hospital bag....   Hospital bag.... EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 8:44 pm

Loving the post ladies.....as I have never done this before this has given me an idea of what to take.

Thanks xx
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

Hospital bag.... _
PostSubject: Re: Hospital bag....   Hospital bag.... EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 4:58 am

Susan, how about packing 2 bags so if you do have to stay in longer Simon can bring it in but it will all be ready so you know everything yu want is in there.
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

Hospital bag.... _
PostSubject: Re: Hospital bag....   Hospital bag.... EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 2:27 am

Hi Susan Hospital bag.... 137139

My bag is done and your list looks like it's contents!! Smile As well as what you've mentioned, just a few others to mention... sorry if repeated elsewhere:

your hospital notes
arnica tablets
fruit indigestion tablets
toothbrush & paste
flip flops for in/out of shower
carrier bags for laundry (asda/morrisons good = see-through so can see what's in them when you get home)
water bottle - sports cap - for widdles
non-scented bum wipes (for me - nice)
flannel / water spray for in labour
socks
massage oil
tissues
lip balm
moisturiser
a small mirror
clippers & small file - there are few things more annoying than a hang-nail / painful bit on your finger and no scissors in sight! I figure if I take them I am sure not to get one, sods law if I dont, I will.
Emergency numbers (mobiles esp. that you don't know by heart) for hubby, family etc.
Change for parking
Errrrmmmm am I done yet?!Laughing
Blanket for baby
Nappies/nappy bags/cotton wool pads
Camera - charged & clear memory
(snowsuit was MAssive on bean (took it back after!) ended up snuggled in car seat with hat, mitts & blanket. So this time taking blanket & hooded cardigan instead)
Then big stuff is just car seat & pillows to grab on way out the door

That all sounds like a lot but I've taken mini everything - tiny shampoo/cond/shower gel/ facewipes/ toothpaste/ moisturiser etc - and just a couple of spare clothes, as I have every hope of being in & out but being prepared enough for a couple of days if needed. Plenty room in bag - so much so that it concerns me and I feel the need to fill it up with food & drink Laughing

Have already taken one maternity towel out the packet and put it with the dark big ol knickers for striaight after - and one newborn nappy with pip's first outfit - can't be faffing with opening packs straight after (or rather, want to save hubby the job!).

Hope all is good with you xx
Back to top Go down
Nay

Nay

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Hospital bag.... _
PostSubject: Re: Hospital bag....   Hospital bag.... EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:41 pm

All my bags are packed.....I'm ready to go (I'm singing this in my head as I write it). No doubt I shall go through them again just to make sure xx
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Hospital bag.... _
PostSubject: Re: Hospital bag....   Hospital bag.... EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 12:29 am

Kayleigh, yeah I might do thanks hun.

Grace, hiya!! How are you?? Any twinges or anything? As for your list Shocked how much??? Laughing Although actually looking back on it we've got alot of that anyway (like change for the carpark already in car etc).

And Naynay, not long for you yet either!!! Oh it's all getting really exciting Very Happy

xxxx
Back to top Go down
Nay

Nay

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Hospital bag.... _
PostSubject: Re: Hospital bag....   Hospital bag.... EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 12:35 am

Oohh..change for the car park..forgot that one x
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

Hospital bag.... _
PostSubject: Re: Hospital bag....   Hospital bag.... EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 2:13 am

Getting periody aches susan but atm lots and lots of wriggles! Think it's the tapping of the keyboard setting her off Smile Plenty hiccups atm too. I'm not ready, little miss might be soon though! How you doing?

I know, that list looks like loads, but it's all fiddly little bits that total about half a carrier bag's worth Laughing I just want to do what little I can to calm my ever-increasing anxiety - one thing I can control is what's in the bag! I thought I would be packing and re-packing but it was done in one go and left, so it must have all come back to me pretty easily.

Anyone taking their own birthing ball at all? xx
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Hospital bag.... _
PostSubject: Re: Hospital bag....   Hospital bag.... EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 2:59 am

Ooo could be a start though - maybe?? Ah doesnt sound so bad then if it's just half a carrier bag full tongue

Yeah I'm very well, apart from the usual cant walk without waddling, heartburn, oh and the ever growing, wriggling bump in front of me Laughing

I've never used a birthing ball, would you recommend one? xxx
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

Hospital bag.... _
PostSubject: Re: Hospital bag....   Hospital bag.... EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:21 am

I'm gonna turn up with a tesco's carrier and a sign round my neck saying "early discharge please" Very Happy Very Happy

TBH birthing ball - they say to bounce on / sit on to help baby into position throughout pregnancy and in the later weeks - but my physio was saying bouncing isn't so good for spd etc.! But in terms of strengthening muscles - just by sitting on one and maintaining balance for 10mins a day is good for core strength (like I ever manage that though!) and the fact you're sitting on air can help spinal / coccyx pain too.

With labour itself I couldn't bear to sit on the thing at home, as baby's head was so low by that point it was uncomfy - but I'm thinking this time that they are good for leaning on and resting on so it's just a different option when trying different positions (put it up on settee or hospital bed or chair for a good height) but I didn't have one provided last time - so much for them being all the rage Rolling Eyes

Hope that makes sense scratch anyhoo, might take mine as it saves the extra faff for mw's to get me one, plus I'll feel less guilty if I only use it for 5 mins to lean on then chuck it out the window... xx
Back to top Go down
*ShevAndLissieLou*

*ShevAndLissieLou*

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Hospital bag.... _
PostSubject: Re: Hospital bag....   Hospital bag.... EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 2:26 am

My sister recommended taking plenty of bibs, oh and some scratch mittens.

Just a random question too, where have you all bought your Maternity Towels from?? Just you know what its like, some people prefer some products over others.

Also do you think it would be a bit OTT of me to take my mascara and blusher lol??! xx
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

Hospital bag.... _
PostSubject: Re: Hospital bag....   Hospital bag.... EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 2:51 am

What about some muslins Susan? Amelia was sick a few times in the 1st 24 hours and they're good for popping under their heads to catch it without having to change the whole cot (tray, lol) matress cover x
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

Hospital bag.... _
PostSubject: Re: Hospital bag....   Hospital bag.... EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 3:39 am

Siobhan, I've got tesco's own regular, tesco's thin ones (cost a bit more) and some Asda's own to try, as well as stocking up on always night-time with wings for after a while (and were on offer when I bought them) - morrisons don't do their own and for some reason it's a store-only thing, the only other place I've seen them is mothercare but our nearest is half and hour and a long trek away. Once I figure which I like better then hubby can get some more - you do go through 'em Sad

Tbh when bean was first born I thought what on earth are people on about - messy babies, lots of washing?! Then the milk/feeds/poos/sicks kick in and we went through outfits, bibs and muslins a plenty Laughing - so it depends how long you plan on being in (or are allowing for) in terms of bibs etc. If your sleepsuits have the fold-down mits you may not need separate ones but a pair or two can't harm and are teeny-tiny anyway Smile We only ever used them when out and about for warmth though - bean was not a fan and was rather worried about where his hands had disappeared to Shocked

As for make-up I'd consider whatever essentials make you feel human - something for the eyes is good but you don't want the faff of having too much slap on to clean off - I'm toying with the idea of concealer but that's about it Smile

xx
Back to top Go down
RosP

RosP

Edit MY profile

Hospital bag.... _
PostSubject: Re: Hospital bag....   Hospital bag.... EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 9:25 pm

Siobhan - I got one pk of M'care with wings (partly cos I needed something to bring an order up to a certain amount to use a voucher!) then 3 pks of Boots. Think the M'care ones were a bit better.

Susan - I used a birthing ball (well a 2nd hand gym ball bought for 2 quid) during contractions in early labour at home, wasn't really in hospital for long enough to use one there though I think they had them. When I got it out Seb though it was a fantastic toy, not sure I'd have been able to use it during early labour if he'd been up at the time as he objected to us sitting on his toy!

I didn't take much at all as hospital is only 15 min drive away, I knew OH would be coming home at lunchtime and in the evenings, and I didn't expect to be in long, including labour. For example I didn't take a dressing gown as it is bulky, I just used the fleece I was wearing when I went in. But the one thing I forgot was a pen for filling in the little forms of menu choices!

Ros
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Hospital bag.... _
PostSubject: Re: Hospital bag....   Hospital bag.... EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 12:05 am

Thanks ladies, sorry not been on in a while.

Well I'm getting there - well kind off, I've got some mat towels and some snacks/drinks and thats about!! Although I'm hoping to go this weekend and get a spare set of pj's and some other bits and bobs.

I was hoping to get away with a weekend bag for my stuff but after just putting the towel and snacks in it's already half full so I'll have to dig out a bigger one.

xx
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Hospital bag.... _
PostSubject: Re: Hospital bag....   Hospital bag.... EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 1:47 am

Been and bought some new pjs for hossie but they are quite comfy looking ad trying hard to convince myself i dont actually needthem NOW
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Hospital bag.... _
PostSubject: Re: Hospital bag....   Hospital bag.... EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 9:23 pm

Right so I'm nearly done - just got to get some pj's and breast pads. I'm putting off buying pj's because like you Mario I will really tempted to wear them before but want to keep them new for the hospital Laughing

So, breast pads - where are you lot buying yours from? Last time I would buy them from Poundland as I BF for 13 months so got through ALOT and refused to pay silly prices for them Embarassed , but I'm thinking of getting better ones for the first couple of weeks as I remember how sore my nipples got. I still dont want to pay a fortune (for example £5 for 2 weeks worth of pads - seems ridiculous for something that gets used and chucked away!!). So can anyone suggest any decent/cheap ones??

xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Hospital bag.... _
PostSubject: Re: Hospital bag....   Hospital bag.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Hospital bag....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Conceiving, Pregnancy & Birth :: Pregnancy-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Hospital bag.... Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Hospital bag.... Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Hospital bag.... Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Hospital bag.... Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Hospital bag.... Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Hospital bag.... Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Hospital bag.... Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Hospital bag.... Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Hospital bag.... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Hospital bag.... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Hospital bag.... Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Hospital bag.... Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Hospital bag.... Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Hospital bag.... Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Hospital bag.... Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words