Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

DO you keep in contact with

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

DO you keep in contact with _
PostSubject: DO you keep in contact with   DO you keep in contact with EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 9:43 am

the ladies you were on the maternity/labour ward with?!

When I was 'waiting' I made friends lol with Charlotte, she was having her 2nd baby, and although only 21 she was SO mature! While we were eating our tea, she just got up went to the loo, came back and said she'd started - Im surprised the baby wasn't born there and then!

Anyway I didnt have Izzy til the next morning so Lexii is a day older, but we were on the same ward afterwards.

She only lives in Telford and we haven't yet met up since, but keep in contact on FB which is nice!

Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: DO you keep in contact with   DO you keep in contact with EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 9:45 am

i never did...when i was in transitional care with lily-ann every one kept totally to themselves...the most anyone said to each other was hello Shocked and i was in there a week! lol

i never went onto the wards with lewis, was straight into the delivery room and then into a private side room after
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: DO you keep in contact with   DO you keep in contact with EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 9:47 am

there was a girl opposite me who really peed me off screaming and shouting through the night and buzzing every 5 minutes - but my oh started talking to her oh, and eventually we got talking, turns out she had been in labour over a day and a half, had every drug going and ended up with a section and was having really weird dreams cos o all the drugs so i felt bad for getting annoyed lol.
But yeah braden and jakob were born on the same day, we stay in touch meet up now and again and we went to their hen/stag nights and wedding in december
x
Back to top Go down
michellenevan

michellenevan

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: DO you keep in contact with   DO you keep in contact with EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 5:39 pm

i wasnt in labour with anyone! i was at a midwife unit so had my own room with en suite and birthing pool in it, afterwards when i had to go get moved to labour suite to have my placenta out i was only person in my bay then when i went to postnatal ward i was only there an hour before visiting so didnt get chance to speak to anyone
we spoke over breakfast the next morning but i was out and home by 11am so didnt even catch a name
Back to top Go down
SuziandGracie

SuziandGracie

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: DO you keep in contact with   DO you keep in contact with EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 6:26 pm

i dint meet anyone i was straight to delivery and never made it to the ward as they sent me straight home.

my sister however meets up with all the girls from her anti natal group once a week xxx
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: DO you keep in contact with   DO you keep in contact with EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 6:59 pm

There was a woman in with me when I was in hospital. I was in for a week before H was born, we still keep in contact via text and facebook and I went to visit her once x
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: DO you keep in contact with   DO you keep in contact with EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 7:33 pm

No unfortunately, there was a lovely girl opposite me who was also having her first and because we were there for 3 days before both being induced we really did become friends. We had the babies on the same day and ended up in the same room afterwards too, we did swap numbers but nothing came of it. Shame really.
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: DO you keep in contact with   DO you keep in contact with EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 7:53 pm

oops, posted twice

Last edited by Laura on Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: DO you keep in contact with   DO you keep in contact with EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 7:54 pm

No, I went straight to the labour ward both times so didnt meet anybody prior to babies being born.

After Aimee was born, I had a room to myself, and after Lily, we didnt really talk much to the other parents, well, not enough to keep in touch.

I was THAT mother with THAT baby who didnt shut up crying at 3am! Very Happy

x
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: DO you keep in contact with   DO you keep in contact with EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 7:55 pm

I didn't get to meet anyone as I was in a delivery room from getting to the hospital at 9pm on Thursday till she was born Friday night. Then I had a private room until I went home on Sunday night.
Back to top Go down
mrsmb

mrsmb

About Me!
My Name: Kim

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: DO you keep in contact with   DO you keep in contact with EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 8:37 pm

I was in for 4 days before I had Stephen but everyone kept going off to have their babies while I was waiting for Stephen to get a move on so it was like a conveyor belt of women in labour in my ward Laughing I was in for 4 days after having him but the women in my ward all got moved on before long for various reasons. We had all had traumatic labours in that ward and a lot of the ladies had very poorly babies who had been transferred to other hospitals/ or Special care so it was really sad and they were all moved closer to their babies. It's a shame really because my mum is still in touch with ladies she met in hospital when my big brother was born! xx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: DO you keep in contact with   DO you keep in contact with EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 8:42 pm

nah i was in for less than 24 hours! there was an awesome mormon lady in my bay (just the 2 of us) who had just had her 4th baby, she was more help advice-wise than any of the midwives Laughing wish i had kept in contact a bit better with girls from my antenatal class/baby classes but i always forget to ask for numbers ho hum
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: DO you keep in contact with   DO you keep in contact with EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 8:44 pm

lol Mari I was only in that hozzy where I met her for 24 hours too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: DO you keep in contact with   DO you keep in contact with EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 9:44 pm

oh jeez. no way!

I was in my own room while in labour so was never in a labour ward.

after having hannah I was in a room with a few girls. one of them had her baby then sat her baby inbetween her legs and one midwife passed the ward and ran in shouting at her because she hadnt had a wash since she had given birth and she couldnt sit her baby in there because she wasnt clean Shocked
then she was refusing to get up out her bed to have a shower.

another girl had a gorgeous wee boy and everytime someone "new" came into the ward she WARNED them before they looked at her baby that he was ginger. thing is he had brown hair. it was like she was so ashamed of him. she drove me mental I dont know how many times I screamed in my head "HES NOT EVEN GINGER"

so erm no. I remember there being one really nice girl who picked up hannah when she was crying when I was at the breakfast room. I had run as quickly as I could to grab something to eat and back. when I got back she was trying to comfort her. I thought that was lovely but we were at other ends of the ward from each other so didnt talk much after that.
Back to top Go down
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: DO you keep in contact with   DO you keep in contact with EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 9:58 pm

when i had my first i was on my on in a ward but later found out a friend and soon to be workmate was in the next room
she had her child taken away so was quite awkward always being in her face with my child especially on his birthdays
with my second i was in with a woman who gave birth the night before and had a older son at home but wanted to stay in hossie a week for the break , i could have slapped her , she kept fuking off for hour here and there leaving her mucus full choking baby (
my 3rd i was started off and pt on a ward with 2 woman who had already been in for a few days each ! i was last in and first out Smile 1 of the woman happens to live near me and i never knew that but when we see each other about town we stop and catch up for a gossip
Back to top Go down
Pickle and Pup's mummy

Pickle and Pup's mummy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: DO you keep in contact with   DO you keep in contact with EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 12:48 am

Unfortuantely, I didnt get to keep in touch with any of the antenatal lot as the final session didnt happen, and when i was in hospital i was in a lonely little room on my own Crying or Very sad. That is something i would have liked and was looking forward to meeting others. Anyone i say that to though says i am mad and being on the ward is a nightmare. But it still would have been nice....

Mandy xx
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: DO you keep in contact with   DO you keep in contact with EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 3:06 am

Nope i dont even remember seeing anyone other then hvs etc Laughing although i did hear screams sounded like she was being murdered it was awfull bt she got tooken to another hosp xx
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: DO you keep in contact with   DO you keep in contact with EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 4:32 am

I was all alone on the ward from teatime to when I left late afternoon the next day so I didn't speak to anyone. Before that I was trying to sleep and the other 3 bays were full but they were all with family and getting ready to leave.

I didn't like anyone from my ante-natal class so didn't keep in touch with them either, though I did see one having a tour of the unit the day after I had Arwyn and met another one at a class but I avoided passing on my number Laughing
Back to top Go down
meandmyboys

meandmyboys

About Me!
My Name: sam
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: DO you keep in contact with   DO you keep in contact with EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 5:32 am

i was in myself every time Sad lol so no xx Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Miss B

Miss B

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: DO you keep in contact with   DO you keep in contact with EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 6:23 am

if u seen the clientèle i was in with, u woulda kept ur curtains shut like i did!!
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: DO you keep in contact with   DO you keep in contact with EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 8:42 am

stephandhannah wrote:
another girl had a gorgeous wee boy and everytime someone "new" came into the ward she WARNED them before they looked at her baby that he was ginger. thing is he had brown hair. it was like she was so ashamed of him. she drove me mental I dont know how many times I screamed in my head "HES NOT EVEN GINGER"

Humpgh id'a said summat lol

No i was side room to delivery to side room
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: DO you keep in contact with   DO you keep in contact with EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 10:17 am

i went streight into delivery with oliver, then into a private room after he was born till later in the night when i got moved into the 4 bed ward bit, then the others went home in the morning so didnt get chance to chat

with leo i went in to be induced, i was in with a woman who i chatted to, but i was moved into delivery after not long and she stayed and ended up going to the ward cos the induction failed, so didnt see her again...when i went to the ward there was only 1 other woman there and she didnt speak english, so didnt talk x
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: DO you keep in contact with   DO you keep in contact with EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 9:02 pm

erm nope!!! LOL

See what 2 years younger then me at the time so was 21 and was her first baby and the first night on the ward around 4am she was so fed she started shouting at her baby for crying, and kept moaning at everyone else who's baby was crying cos it would wake hers up.

She kept moaning the next day to her family about crying babies. she moaned at the midwifes saying her baby was crying cant you shut it up.

I could go on!!!!

So no did not keep in contact with her

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: DO you keep in contact with   DO you keep in contact with Empty

Back to top Go down

DO you keep in contact with

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
DO you keep in contact with Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
DO you keep in contact with Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
DO you keep in contact with Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
DO you keep in contact with Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
DO you keep in contact with Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
DO you keep in contact with Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
DO you keep in contact with Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
DO you keep in contact with Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
DO you keep in contact with Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
DO you keep in contact with Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
DO you keep in contact with Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
DO you keep in contact with Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
DO you keep in contact with Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
DO you keep in contact with Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
DO you keep in contact with Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words