Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

C Section

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

C Section _
PostSubject: C Section   C Section EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:00 pm

Some of our members have shared their experiences below - hopefully you will find these interesting and of use!

If you wish to add you own experience please PM Lisa

Last edited by Lisa on Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk

Edit MY profile

C Section _
PostSubject: Re: C Section   C Section EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 7:26 am

Wil had an emergency c-section birth after every other method failed to extract the little squatter.

By the time it was decided that the sunroof was the only way of getting him out I had been in labour for about 37 hours, had attempted to have a 'drug free' home water birth, been on gas and air for about 14 hours, had a dose of meptid that did nothing and 2 epidurals. So when I was offered a c-section my idealistic birth was a long forgotten memory and I just wanted him out.

The c-section took place at 6pm and is a bit of a blur, another epidural and then being wheeled into theatre. My main thought was that I was getting my money's worth after paying a huge amount of tax over the years. While they were doing the extraction I felt a bit of pulling and a strange feeling of rummaging about but there was no pain so I guess the epidural was doing its stuff.

I lost 1800ml of blood (almost half of my blood) during the section and have a vivid memory of someone in theatre commenting on my high iron levels and my OH remarking that it was because of all the broccoli I eat. C Section Icon_lol

After they stitched me up Wil and I were taken to recovery where they cleaned me up and put Wil into bed with me. I was put on a saline drip for a couple of hours to replace the fluids I had lost and was taken to the ward at about 10pm.

Wil and I slept well the first night, it was probably drug induced, and by 8am I was up and about and desparate to have a shower. It was the most eventful shower I have ever had, nothing could prepare me for the deludge of blood when I first stood up or the challenge of showering whilst fitted with a drain and a catheter.

While at the time my c-section seemed textbook and I recovered very well there was a problem. I developed a large band of scar tissue just above my scar which was hard and uncomfortable and meant that I was unable to wear 'normal' trousers. Initially the medical profession were convinced it was a haematoma and until Wil was 6 months old I was told it would gradually drain itself and disappear but when there was no change I demanded a scan which proved it wasn't a haematoma and wouldn't go away on its own. I eventually persuaded my doctor to refer me and in February 2010 (when Wil was 8 months old) I had plastic surgery to remove the scar tissue.

I had two weeks off work for the surgery and now have a longer scar than before but it was really worthwhile because I am no longer restricted to maternity trousers and tracksuit bottoms. The area around my scar is still tender to touch at times and I still have a long way to go to be back to my beautiful flat stomach of my pre-Wil life but I am getting there.
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

C Section _
PostSubject: Re: C Section   C Section EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 8:27 am

I had an elective c-section.

Chloe decided to turn breech at 37 weeks and wouldn't turn back despite the hospitals efforts and me spending two weeks bouncing on a birthing ball to encourage her to turn

I was told to arrive at hospital at 8.45am and we were taken to a ward where we would stay until I'd recovered enough to be moved to the post natal ward. There were 3 of us all having sections and I was third in line. They scanned me to make sure she was still breech and the surgeon and anaesthatist came and spoke to me. It was very strange seeing the women wheeled off to theatre and coming back with their babies and a little scary

We were taken in at 11.45am, by this point I was blooming starving having not been allowed food since the night before. They started with the epidural which was an experience Rolling Eyes They had a struggle to get it in the right place as I couldn't bring myself to lean back on to the needle so it took 5 goes to get it in, by which time I was a bit hysterical and demanding to go home Shocked
Once it started to do it's magic, it was fine, it kind of felt like having really bad pins and needles in my legs. I couldn't feel any pain, just a bit of movement, then at 12.37pm they pulled her out and showed her to me, and it was nothing like I imagined it would be. I was expecting a big emotional moment, but because I felt so dozy and sleepy, it didn't really register. They took her to be weighed etc and then Matt bought her over for a little cuddle, which was really awkward as I was laying flat.
I then all of a sudden felt really lightheaded and ill and they asked Matt to wait outside with Chloe, so they took them out. The surgeon then said that they had to cut through my blood vessels to reach the placenta as they had wrapped around it and were trying to stop me bleeding. My blood pressure went through the floor (it's normally low anyway) and after what felt like forever they managed to stop me bleeding and stitch me up.

I don't remember much about the first 24 hours, only that I was really sick from the epidural. I do remember that it felt like I was going to split in two when I first stood up, obviously I didn't!

I found that the more I moved around the better I felt. My scar is really small and faded now, you can barely see it, they did a really good job there.

All in all it was a scary experience, but very worth it! Feel free to ask any questions if you managed to read this far!
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
Pickle and Pup's mummy

Pickle and Pup's mummy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

C Section _
PostSubject: Re: C Section   C Section EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 1:35 am

I had an urgent c-section.

I had planned to give birth the natural way however things never quite seem to happen as planned!

I went into hospital at 10am that morning as i thought i had had a bleed so they checked me over and said all was fien but i was 3 cm dilated so needed to saty in. I thought my waters had broke at 7pm that evening so they took me up to the delivery suite. I was hoping for an active borth but that wasnt what the midwives had in mind!

They did an internal check and my waters were not fully broken so they kind of there and then popped them for me with little warning. At about 10 or so i decided i would have an epidural, something i had wanted not to have. the epidural was doen at aabout 11. Things moved quite quck then, getting to 7cm within an hour, an hour after that, eight cm, then back to 7 a couple hours later, then a couple hours later, still seven, so they decided it was about time to help the little one find its way into the world.

At about 7ish/7.30ish the next morning i was prepped for the op. They decided i needed a spinal block as well as the epidural as i could still feel tingling in my legs. This made me feel extremely sick and they had to give me some anti sickness drugs.

It was a wierd experience, laying on a slanted table tilted to the left, with funny little sleeves on my lower legs that kept squeezing my legs to keep circulation during the op i guess.

I couldnt feel anything at all, didnt really notice that tugging feeling people talk about, however, i was a bit hysterical and scared at this point so think that stopped me noticing.

They said that The little bubba was lying down the wrong way (i can never remember which it is meant to be) back to back (i think) which is what made it hard for the little one to find their own way out.

They asked me if i wanted to see the baby as soon as they were out and i said yes, so they lifted my beautiful girl over the curtain for me to see.

I have to say that the feelings i felt were not what i expected. I expected a big rush of love for her and of course i was very happy, but so drowsy it was hard to actually feel much. I rmember my initial feelings were, my god, her feet and hands are massive! LOL

I had a cuddle with her but it did feel awkward and was afrad of dropping her. Dave was brill and dressed her and stuff while i was taken onto the ward which i hardly remember.

Once there, they immediately got Sophia next to me and assisted me to feed her by lying her beside me and putting my boob into her mouth which felt weird and slightly embarrassing. The main thing was though that once she started feeding, i had an incredible urge to be sick from the drugs and had to try my hardest to shout to them that i was gonna be sick, which was hard when i could just about muster a whisper!. Luckily they managed to whip her away just in time!

I found feeding her hard to begin with and didnt feed her enough, leaving her dehydrated but we did get there in hte end with the help of nipple shields.

I hated that helpless feeling whilst the drip was still attached and i was 'thawing out' so was very happy the next day to be on my feet and having a shower. My scar healed well and quickly but i do remember the scar hurting in the first few days if i let my bladder get too full. It was like a stinging but fromt he inside. I think walking around as much as i could after did help a lot with the healing. the first walk to the cafe putside on the hospital ground felt awfully strange though, I felt a bit queasy and had to walk very slowly and carefully. Was good to get fresh air though. And incontinence knickers were ace for the bleeding as they fit over my scar nicely without rubbing and no minging washing of knickers once at home!

I think next time i would prefer to do it naturally as it weirdly feels like i missed out on the experience but also, I think that the experience was nowhere near as bad as i imagined and would be happy to have another birth like this should i need to.

Plus you get the most groovy stockings in the world to wear after! Ace! LOL

Sophia is a lovely healthy little toddler now and I love hr to absolute bits! She is mine and Dave's world!

MAndy xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

C Section _
PostSubject: Re: C Section   C Section Empty

Back to top Go down

C Section

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Conceiving, Pregnancy & Birth :: Pregnancy-
Latest topics
» Spotting
C Section Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
C Section Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
C Section Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
C Section Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
C Section Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
C Section Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
C Section Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
C Section Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
C Section Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
C Section Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
C Section Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
C Section Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
C Section Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
C Section Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
C Section Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???