Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

drinking when pregnant

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

drinking when pregnant _
PostSubject: drinking when pregnant   drinking when pregnant EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 10:51 pm

there's a programme on tonight called misbehaving mums, one of them drinks 4 bottles of wine a night when pregnant.

what's your views, obviously thats an extreme but should you abstain totally when pg?
Back to top Go down
banarama

banarama

Edit MY profile

drinking when pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: drinking when pregnant   drinking when pregnant EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 10:56 pm

Um With both pregnancies I drunk probably about 4 times in total and prob had 2 or 3 small glasses of wine each time and in hindsight i think that was to much, not the frequency but the amount I think that 1 glass is more than enough when your pregnant because your not used to drinking so it goes to your head and surely if you feel light headed how does baby feel, so I think one drink is ok but depends on your tolerance? if any of that makes sense lol
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

drinking when pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: drinking when pregnant   drinking when pregnant EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 11:06 pm

I drank when I suspected I was pregnant but hadn't tested. Other than that I had half a glass of champagne at my sister's leaving do and a glass at my cousin's wedding
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

drinking when pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: drinking when pregnant   drinking when pregnant EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 11:15 pm

i hardly touched the stuff when preg with alice maybe a glass of wine 3 times or so

With Edith i stuck the recommended amounts so 1/2 units sometimes twice a wekk but then i would go weeks and weeks without any.

Back to top Go down
Claire

Claire

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

drinking when pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: drinking when pregnant   drinking when pregnant EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 11:18 pm

I didn't drink after i found out (at 6 weeks) mainly because i was sick 24/7.

4 bottles a night? Omg i can't even drink that now Shocked
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

drinking when pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: drinking when pregnant   drinking when pregnant EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 11:32 pm

4 bottles a night is bloody ridiculous! Why would you go on tv admitting to that?

Personally I don't like the taste of alcohol so I'd never drink when pregnant because I just don't like it.
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

drinking when pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: drinking when pregnant   drinking when pregnant EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 11:40 pm

my personal view, with anything really that is proven harmful in pregnancy (alcohol, smoking erm blue cheese) is that there is no excuse to do it. it's only 9 months out of your life - how would you feel if something went wrong, how could you not question your behaviour??? i would not have been able to live with myself. at least if i did everything i could to help the baby i would know that i had tried my utmost.

that is just personally how i feel...not a judgement on others.
Back to top Go down
Nay

Nay

About Me!
My Name: Naomi

Edit MY profile

drinking when pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: drinking when pregnant   drinking when pregnant EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 11:44 pm

Before I got pregnant I hardly drank at all....I think it was about 8 months before I found out I was pg when I last had a drink and then funnily enough all I craved throughout pg was alcohol but didn't touch a drop!!!

I would be very ashamed of myself if it was me on TV telling every man and his dog how much I drank during pregnancy, but then again I wouldn't do it.....obviously being on TV far out weighed the shame for this person (sorry I shouldn't judge)
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

drinking when pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: drinking when pregnant   drinking when pregnant EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 11:44 pm

I don't drink much anyway so I'd have no problem not drinking while pregnant!
I think the odd drink hear or there is ok but I personally wouldn't do it too regularly!
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma

Edit MY profile

drinking when pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: drinking when pregnant   drinking when pregnant EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 11:53 pm

when i was pg with leo i didnt touch a drop, strange enough befor i knew i went to a party and voddy and coke which i used to love, i couldnt touch it, now i know why
when i was pg with oliver i probibly had an alcopop twice, once on my 21st bday and anothertime i went to a party and really craved one so tjought one wont hurt, had a sip and then it made me feel sick so didnt bother

i think a little drink(as in no more than 2 units) every now and then is ok,no more then the reccomended guidlines used to be, infact isnt gunniss good for you when pg?? but as long as it its not regular, or extreme then i think its ok...although personally didnt!!

i also read the guidlines have gone down to zero because people were taking the 2-3 units a week lightly and having more x
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

drinking when pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: drinking when pregnant   drinking when pregnant EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 11:58 pm

TBH the four bottles a night sounds like a headline grabber to me and is probably not true - do you know anyone who can drink 4 bottles of wine in one sitting? Even the glass to mouth action after most of that would make remainder close to impossible.

I would suspect (and I am judging) that the 'woman' who claims that is very immature and not very bright and is doing so because it gets her on TV (silly cow).

My view is that the occasional glass of wine or beer when you are pregnant is unlikely to do any harm but abstaining is best because it eliminates that risk completely. But then how many people completely remove caffeine from their diet when pregnant? It is just as damaging to your health.
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

drinking when pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: drinking when pregnant   drinking when pregnant EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 12:05 am

I think thats a good point on living with the guilt Mari! I know that if I'd been smoking or drinking when pg with Ollie then I wouldn't be able to forgive with myself. To live with the that guilt would be absolutely horrendous

Obviously things still go wrong regardless, I did everything 'right' and gave up but he still died whereas I knwo people who have smoked all the way through and had healthy babies, to me though it's not worth the risk, at least I know I did everything I could
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

drinking when pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: drinking when pregnant   drinking when pregnant EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 12:16 am

the synopsis says 35% of women drink in pregnancy and 20% smoke, im definatley going to watch it. (BBC3 9pm)

It also follows someone with a junk food diet, tbh I ate terrible all through my pg because my sickness was so bad i couldn't face much , I hardly had any fruit or veg at all.
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci

Edit MY profile

drinking when pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: drinking when pregnant   drinking when pregnant EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 12:19 am

see i dont really like it.. when people used to come inot the pub i worked at n was pre n drank i hated it,.

with paige i didnt drink after i found out.. same as the food that your not supose to have.. i was good as gold.

this time, when i thought i might of been preg, i had two cans od larger.. and ive had once can speaded out over a night of larger... but thb, im happy not to drink.. its not long to i give birth so it can wait. i think thats nice is perry said i can have one drink if i really want so thats helping me with not wanting a drink.
i didnt smoke with paige (god thats my pet hate. people smoking while preg.. so many of my friends did this)

and ive not started to smoke again which is good.

Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare

Edit MY profile

drinking when pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: drinking when pregnant   drinking when pregnant EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 12:29 am

i've had half pint of stout in this pg, and that was too boost iron levels, but no i not had anything else, this baby is too important to screw it up.

i know people do drink and smoke, but i couldnt do it myself, although i craved lager other day, i've not realy been drinking for 3 years now, so doesnt bother me
Back to top Go down
Mummy2aMiracle

Mummy2aMiracle

About Me!
My Name: Dilly
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

drinking when pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: drinking when pregnant   drinking when pregnant EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 1:45 am

I rarely drink and in the recent hot weather and having bbq's the thought of a nice pint of Magners and ice would go down lovely right now, I didn't have one as I don't think it's worth it.

I don't smoke, don't drink and only have a max of 2 tea's a day to limit my caffeine consumption (i know there's caffeine in choc but I rarely eat choc) I have a responsibility to this baby, it's my job to protect it as best as I can xx
Back to top Go down
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

drinking when pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: drinking when pregnant   drinking when pregnant EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 8:16 am

i have nothing against pregnant ladies that drink the recommended amount when pg...but my sister-in-law sat in the pub one night, pregnant, with a smoke in one hand, a drink in the other and another drink on the table lined up...that i think is wrong...as mari said...it's 9months of your life...surely if you think you're responsible enough to have a baby then you have enough willpower to be sensible

i personally didn't touch even a drop when pregnant as i'm not much of a drinker anymore and didn't feel right drinking

(i'm not having digs at anyone that drunk when pregnant btw)
Back to top Go down
XxCHARnNOAHxX

XxCHARnNOAHxX

About Me!
My Name: Charmaine

Edit MY profile

drinking when pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: drinking when pregnant   drinking when pregnant EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 8:33 am

I agree.

Char
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

drinking when pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: drinking when pregnant   drinking when pregnant EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 8:35 am

Quote :
I agree.
lol! with drinking while pregnant??? hahaha
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

drinking when pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: drinking when pregnant   drinking when pregnant EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 9:21 am

Personally i never drunk when carrying callum and i wouldnt if i was pregnant again x
Depends how much people drink i guess x
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

drinking when pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: drinking when pregnant   drinking when pregnant EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 6:27 pm

Before I got pregnant I smoked and drank few glasses of wine every night. But I stopped completely during pregnancy. I still don't smoke and hardly drink now.
I waited a long long time to get pregnant and had suffered mc in the past so there was no way on this earth i was going to risk doing any harm to my precious baby.
Back to top Go down
MrsLou&Benji

MrsLou&Benji

About Me!
My Name: lou

Edit MY profile

drinking when pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: drinking when pregnant   drinking when pregnant EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 8:51 pm

i disagree with drinking whilst pg with ridiculous amounts, or anything over the recommmended amounts...i didnt drink at all in my pg with B until i got to about 7 months, and i had one drink at a BBQ...that was it. I felt awful afterwards as it went straight to my head...so i thought jeez whats the point, the poor lil dude will be drunk as a skunk in there and it'll be damaging his little insides...i didnt drink another drop again until after B was born...
i did drink lots of tea n coffee though...it was my craving!! i bought de-caff though Very Happy Laughing
i was a smoker before i got pg, and found that easier to give up than alcohol, i craved the taste of JD haha Razz didn't touch a drop though, and was very proud of myself!!

as soon as i found out i was PG i stopped drinking/smoking straight away Very Happy
i now allow myself the odd drink Laughing and must admit that i do have the occassional social ciggie Laughing (only when drunk) haha Razz xx
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda

Edit MY profile

drinking when pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: drinking when pregnant   drinking when pregnant EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 5:35 am

I think I just had a small glass of Lambrusco at Xmas when I was pregnant. I don't drink tee or coffee either but probably had too much choc!
Back to top Go down
xxKatxx

xxKatxx

Edit MY profile

drinking when pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: drinking when pregnant   drinking when pregnant EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 6:14 am

I didn't drink at all with my pregnancies, but I have no problem with anyone who has the occasional glass of wine or whatever, I just didn't want to just incase.
xxx
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Nikki

Edit MY profile

drinking when pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: drinking when pregnant   drinking when pregnant EmptyWed May 18, 2011 7:59 pm

I would not drink, I am not a big drinker anyway so its something that I do not miss. Even if I was a drinker when not pregnant I dont think 9 months is too long out of your life to not drink.
I got married nearly 4 weeks ago and we were all given a glass of champagne, everyone was saying for me to drink it and one glass would not do any harm, I put it to my lips twice for pics and had the smallest 2 sips ever which was just for the camera. There is no way I would drink the glass, why would I need to? x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

drinking when pregnant _
PostSubject: Re: drinking when pregnant   drinking when pregnant Empty

Back to top Go down

drinking when pregnant

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge :: Debates & Polls-
Latest topics
» Spotting
drinking when pregnant Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
drinking when pregnant Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
drinking when pregnant Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
drinking when pregnant Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
drinking when pregnant Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
drinking when pregnant Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
drinking when pregnant Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
drinking when pregnant Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
drinking when pregnant Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
drinking when pregnant Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
drinking when pregnant Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
drinking when pregnant Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
drinking when pregnant Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
drinking when pregnant Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
drinking when pregnant Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words