Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Think i've found the problem but ...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

Think i've found the problem but ... _
PostSubject: Think i've found the problem but ...   Think i've found the problem but ... EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 11:43 pm

I've think i've discovered why Jamie wakes so often in the night but I've no idea how to solve it. Where I'm not properly awake I've always thought he fed for a while but I timed him last night. He barely eats for 10 mins whereas in the day when he goes longer he eats for much longer. I woke him up to try and give him more but he just refused to eat as he was tired. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this. We have a couple of weddings so I need the milk I express for that and don't really want any formula. Just wondered if anyone had a solution
Back to top Go down
Lita
Admin
Lita

About Me!
My Name: Lita
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Think i've found the problem but ...   Think i've found the problem but ... EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 11:57 pm

Have you tried dream feeding rather than waking him up?
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Think i've found the problem but ...   Think i've found the problem but ... EmptySun May 01, 2011 3:04 am

i take it you are bf? (if not, ignore the rest of this answer haha). it's really common for babies to feed a lot during the evening - this can be anything between 5pm and midnight and can go on for hours...

it is inconvenient but serves two purposes: it fills them up for more of the night, and it sort of 'puts their order in' for the next day - a way of telling your body how much milk to produce. if jamie wants to feed loads in the evening i suggest you try letting him (i used to spend 3 hours an evening doing this - yawn Laughing) and you may find it helps him sleep better with a really full tummy.

the other thing is he may be doing this for comfort rather than being hungry or thirsty - this is much trickier and i still struggle with it. there is an idea that it isn't very productive for mummy to try to put him back to sleep as he will get mixed messages about bf, and will get frustrated about where/when he can feed - and mummy will probably feel bad. i used to find at night it was a lot easier for my husband to just pick elijah up, shoosh him for a while and put him down, if i tried it it turned into ww3. it depends on wether you are braver than me though!

i would try the cluster feeding first, then look to other solutions second Smile just my personal opinion though!
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Think i've found the problem but ...   Think i've found the problem but ... EmptySun May 01, 2011 3:23 am

Thats a good point Mari. He used to cluster feed in the evenings and has stopped so perhaps I could try and encourage it again. I did think about giving him water every other time he wakes up at night to try and encourage him to take more the other times but didn't know whether it will work. I'm hoping if all else fails that when he goes onto solids in a couple of months he might sleep better but don't intend to wean him early (which was the nurse's suggestion) as we have so many allergies in our family. When i've had a few good nights i'm more willing to try and he him back down without feeding but when his waking hourly like he is at the moment I just give in although he is only wanting feeding every couple of hours
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Think i've found the problem but ...   Think i've found the problem but ... Empty

Back to top Go down

Think i've found the problem but ...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Baby Babble-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Think i've found the problem but ... Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Think i've found the problem but ... Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Think i've found the problem but ... Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Think i've found the problem but ... Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Think i've found the problem but ... Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Think i've found the problem but ... Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Think i've found the problem but ... Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Think i've found the problem but ... Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Think i've found the problem but ... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Think i've found the problem but ... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Think i've found the problem but ... Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Think i've found the problem but ... Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Think i've found the problem but ... Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Think i've found the problem but ... Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Think i've found the problem but ... Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words