Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Toy suggestions??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Kate

Kate

About Me!
My Name: Kate
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Toy suggestions?? _
PostSubject: Toy suggestions??   Toy suggestions?? EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 8:25 pm

I am trying to be more organised for xmas this year and start getting some things soon for Lily to save last minute panic as we have so many people to buy for. I am struggling already with what to get, i am finding that either the toys are too babyish or are marked as age 3+ so am not sure what to get. I am happy to ignore the age recommendations but dont want to get somethign that is too advanced for her but on the other hand dont want something she will be bored with in a few weeks time!! Has anymore got any suggestions? I had looked at the v tech laptop but didnt know if it was too old for her and also those book reader things xx
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

Toy suggestions?? _
PostSubject: Re: Toy suggestions??   Toy suggestions?? EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 8:35 pm

Aimee got the V tech laptop last year (at 11 months old, lol) as my neice had one and Aimee loved it. She cant use it properly, but taps away on the keys and loves the sounds.

This year, we have got her a Disney Princess Talking Kitchen, a hoover, a washing machine, a till and a trolly with loads of pastic and cardboard shopping bits in, as well as some clothes, etc.

I have got her other bits too, which she loves.

She also got a Baby Annabelle last year which talks and she is starting to get into that more now and enjoys putting it in a pram and taking care of it (aka poking its eyes out and throwing it around the room, but its a start Toy suggestions?? Icon_biggrin).

x
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah

Edit MY profile

Toy suggestions?? _
PostSubject: Re: Toy suggestions??   Toy suggestions?? EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 8:51 pm

Cerys loves anything with buttons ie. press a button and it interacts/makes a noise/ask a question even though she hasnt a clue what they say lol. She also had a bounce and spin zebra for her birthday, hasnt got the hang of it yet but she loves the sounds etc. what about mini musical instuments?? x
Back to top Go down
Kate

Kate

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Toy suggestions?? _
PostSubject: Re: Toy suggestions??   Toy suggestions?? EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 9:03 pm

Thanks for the replies! Lily has the bounce and spin zebra - its so funny to watch them on it!!

Lily has got a drum (what an error - its sooooo loud!!!) and a xylophone. I reckon i will go for the laptop thingy as she likes pushing buttons too.

I want to get her one of those kitchens but am thinking where the heck would we put it!!
Back to top Go down
LesleyandBethany

About Me!
My Name: Lesley

Edit MY profile

Toy suggestions?? _
PostSubject: Re: Toy suggestions??   Toy suggestions?? EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 9:49 pm

Great thread.....I've started thinking about christmas to. We bought Bethany her first xmas gift the other day, a skittle set which I know she will just love, I'm also planning on getting her a bubble machine, sticklebricks (she loves playing with her cousins!! Plus I love playing with this too!!), V tech laptop, Baby Annabelle plus a few other things. Will keep my eye on this thread for more ideas xx
Back to top Go down
RosP

RosP

Edit MY profile

Toy suggestions?? _
PostSubject: Re: Toy suggestions??   Toy suggestions?? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 12:35 am

Seb's main Christmas present is going to be a swing for the garden. I know it isn't seasonal but OH wants to get him a climbing frame too so that will be for his birthday in March! I expect his grandparents will buy these though.

Other than that I'm not really going to shop yet because awe have building work going on at the moment so reduced storage and also our area has an NCT 2nd hand toy sale in mid-November (their toy sale is separate to clothes due to lack of space), but I was thinking of an easel, something like:
http://www.elc.co.uk/Art-Centre---Blue/118843,default,pd.html
along with some art supplies, as we haven't really done arty stuff at home yet, although he gets to paint his shoes at nursery quite frequently. Once the building work is done we plan to have a "messy play" area with a lino floor.

Seb also expresses an interest in toy kitchens - usually opening and closing the oven door - but I'm not sure I really want one in the house.... He has a soft (indoor) skittle set courtesy of the NCT sale last year - he doesn't use them properly but he enjoys playing with them. (I took them when we visited my parents as he could throw them around the room without damaging anything!)

Ros
Back to top Go down
Kate

Kate

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Toy suggestions?? _
PostSubject: Re: Toy suggestions??   Toy suggestions?? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 1:04 am

Ros! Hello - i didnt realise you were on here. LOng time no 'speak'. I notice you are pregnant, congratulations. I did get Lily that easel - she likes it so would recommend that.

Lesley the thing we have bought so far that Lily likes best of all is the littel tukes country cottage, it is the same as this but ours was from ebay as i was not paying £280!!! http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.202-4237.aspx

She spends absolutely hours in it and even goes out ot play in it when it is raining. it has been worth every penny x
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

Toy suggestions?? _
PostSubject: Re: Toy suggestions??   Toy suggestions?? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 3:24 am

I have got Alice a keyboard wit stool, a DVD player for the car as she has started to get frustrated on journeys longer than mins Toy suggestions?? Icon_rolleyes .

That was a great buy tho, was from toys r us and was £50, pink, with all the car kit included!

oh and she has elmo live (well adam does)
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Toy suggestions?? _
PostSubject: Re: Toy suggestions??   Toy suggestions?? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 7:01 am

Thomas has just started to show a real interest in drawing (scribbling) and painting etc so I have bought him an easel with a load of coloured chalks, paints, sponge stamps, drywipe pens, crayons etc

He is also starting to get interested in his jigsaws and is getting quite good at fitting them together so I have bought him some giant ones that we can do together.

Sticklebricks/duplo/megablocks always seem to be a hit around the 18 - 24 month mark.

I have got most of Thomas's birthady and christmas presents already. I got most from TheToyShop.com. They have some great bargains at the moment - I could've spent hundreds. I also got Thomas a mini workbench with tools but I think like Laura says - a kitchen may be more to Lily's taste Toy suggestions?? Icon_lol

xx
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

Toy suggestions?? _
PostSubject: Re: Toy suggestions??   Toy suggestions?? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 7:30 am

As Amelia has been a bit spoilt we're a bit limited for idea's. I was planning on getting her a nice doll (eugh I HATE dolls!) with a pram, bottle, outfits etc and depending on finances a play kitchen of some sort.

Totally agree with Kate about how fab the cottage is. Again we got one on ebay. It was a bit mucky and faded but she LOVES it and it was an utter bargin. She would play with it all day if I let her.
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Toy suggestions?? _
PostSubject: Re: Toy suggestions??   Toy suggestions?? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 3:11 am

So far Wil is getting a Scooter (he keeps stealing them from other kids at the park) and some cars. My mum has bought him a load of stuff too so I shall probably put the rest of his Christmas money towards the extension on the house that we are envitably going to have build to house all his crap.
Back to top Go down
Gloworm

Edit MY profile

Toy suggestions?? _
PostSubject: Re: Toy suggestions??   Toy suggestions?? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 7:43 am

I've almost finished mine (I think) I've got..... A play kitchen, a hetty hoover, talking iggle piggle and makka pakka (she's not much for upsy daisy), mr potato head, guitar, breakfast set and cake, various books and puzzles, playdoh, a 'rainy day craft set' from asda (bargain at £2) a 'Rosie' the tank engine toy and a few elc learning games.

My mums got her a graco doll set with pushchair, swing, playmat etc a tomy mr colour maker and I wouldn't mind her having some kind of garage - I've seen a fisher price one which is similar to one I had when I was little which I loved.

Of course I need to get the traditional Christmas Pjs for her and maybe a dressing gown, but I don't want to get her clothes when I'd buy them anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Toy suggestions?? _
PostSubject: Re: Toy suggestions??   Toy suggestions?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Toy suggestions??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Toy suggestions?? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Toy suggestions?? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Toy suggestions?? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Toy suggestions?? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Toy suggestions?? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Toy suggestions?? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Toy suggestions?? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Toy suggestions?? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Toy suggestions?? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Toy suggestions?? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Toy suggestions?? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Toy suggestions?? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Toy suggestions?? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Toy suggestions?? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Toy suggestions?? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words