Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

What is/was your job???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

What is/was your job??? - Page 2 _
PostSubject: What is/was your job???   What is/was your job??? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 8:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

Thought it would be really interesting to see what working backgrounds people are from.

At the moment i work in Finance at Social Services, the main role is paying/invoicing nursing homes, clients and families. I also asses people financially if they are considering homecare or long term care or drug/alcohol respite. We also take over financial appointeeship of clients in long term care that have no other family. Its an admin job mainly but deal with alot of elderly people and their families over the phone and in person.

Before that i was a referral co-ordinator for Marie Curie Cancer Care. I would take new referrals from District Nurse of terminal patients and allocate them available nurses to stay overnight to give the family a break.

Before that i worked at Barclays in Accounts.

xx
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
KatyandTheo

KatyandTheo

About Me!
My Name: Katy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What is/was your job???   What is/was your job??? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 11:48 pm

I work behind the bar in my local tennis club. It's an ok job, but I just wish I could have a proper career that I can be proud of, rather than pouring beer and microwaving curries for sweaty men What is/was your job??? - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What is/was your job???   What is/was your job??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 2:19 am

Im a Police Officer but havent been to work for 2 years due to having 2 babies but thinking of going back next March but would rather stay at home with my boys x
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What is/was your job???   What is/was your job??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 2:24 am

Congratulations Michelle, So happy for you, glad things are looking up for you and Matt now too What is/was your job??? - Page 2 Icon_cheers

I would say my profession is financial adviser, which is something I did up until a few months ago, but it didn't fit in well with working part-time particularly

Now I work part-time for Bounty (the people who give out the packs in hospital and take the photos). I manage 12 staff based across 5 hospitals, and I love it What is/was your job??? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What is/was your job???   What is/was your job??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 2:28 am

congrats michelle

when i'm not on ML im a training and development consultant, mostly training new people into the company. Not sure i'll be going back yet depending on hours im offered

i have a degree in health studies and before this job ive always worked in the care industry. I too would love to do social work and i'm hoping to go into it once ava's a little older.
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What is/was your job???   What is/was your job??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 2:43 am

I want your Job Mandy, is it good money?

I am a manager for superdrug, and i do like my job but i feel like i need a change, i have done for quite a while but cos i am the main wage earner i am trapped because of my wage which is good.
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What is/was your job???   What is/was your job??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 2:49 am

JoAandAlice wrote:

No it's crap, I took a large paycut to do this job, but money isn't everything! I take home £1000 after tax per month for working 20 hours a week x
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What is/was your job???   What is/was your job??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 2:53 am

Thats not bad for 20 hours,Pro Rata its about what i am on for full time i reckon.

if i can get Adam full time at royal mail (he is 20 hours) i shall be chasing you down for insider info What is/was your job??? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What is/was your job???   What is/was your job??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 2:56 am

The photographers and distributors that I manage do ok, they're comission based but my best performers are earning £50 for a 3/4 hours work
Back to top Go down
xemplus2x

xemplus2x

About Me!
My Name: Emma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What is/was your job???   What is/was your job??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 3:23 am

Iv had loads of bar jobs to make ends meet during and after uni.

then was working in a 5star (but didnt have offical stars but was) hotel on reception & reservations. then before I left I was doing ledger accounts and bascialy running reception and not being paid for it due to our manager leaving, whilst being heavily preg. so never went back after having lillie.

Then started doing body shop sales rep, but given up now due to be too tired and its gone so quite.

now I am a full time cleaner, cook, ironer (even a word?), bather, nappy changer & live in kids entertainer!! What is/was your job??? - Page 2 Icon_lol What is/was your job??? - Page 2 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
claireh77

claireh77

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What is/was your job???   What is/was your job??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 3:36 am

I'm a deputy sister on a coronary care ward, looking after people with heart attacks and other heart related problems. I'm due back in 2 weeks time after 10 months off and i'm bricking it!!!!
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What is/was your job???   What is/was your job??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 4:15 am

mandy wrote:
JoAandAlice wrote:

No it's crap, I took a large paycut to do this job, but money isn't everything! I take home £1000 after tax per month for working 20 hours a week x

Thats not crap. I think a fully qualified social worker only gets about £1300 a month full time after tax and thats based on a £22/23k salary (newly qualified). If you only working 20 hrs a wk you must be on 35k if it was full time. Any tips on how I can change my career path What is/was your job??? - Page 2 Icon_wink What is/was your job??? - Page 2 Icon_lol ? No seriously.... Is your job stressful? I love hearing about all the different careers I never thought about at school. I just decided on SW and never bothered looking into anything else. This thread is making me think!
Back to top Go down
LisaMnGirls

LisaMnGirls

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What is/was your job???   What is/was your job??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 5:00 am

Im a Pharmacy Technician - 16yrs at the same NHS trust.

The interesting bits of my job are making up intravenous feeds for prem babies...Im given their blood levels and they I have to make up a feed of glucose, water, fats, amino acids & salts, completely tailored made to them. We make them in a sterile unit, where we all look a bit like spacemen x

I also do a similar role for chemotherapy patients

I am the NVQ assessor and verifier for pharmacy tech students

I wish id done the full pharmacy degree though now, I have a degree in pharmaceutics........but if id done the full thing then i could locum at evenings and weekends for lots of cash and not need to work full time..boooo
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What is/was your job???   What is/was your job??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 5:15 am

Wow, everyone's job sounds so much more interesting than mine!!

I had a summer job when I was 15 bunching flowers, then at 16 a weekend job on the tills at Somerfield. As soon as I left school I started work in the local insurance brokers, and thats where I am still, been there now for 12 years What is/was your job??? - Page 2 Icon_eek
Back to top Go down
Nay

Nay

About Me!
My Name: Naomi

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What is/was your job???   What is/was your job??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 5:24 am

I'm currently working as a PA and enjoy it most of the time.

I used to be a post lady and loved it but had to give it up due to back problems.

I have also worked in a warehouse (orange mob phones), worked as a nanny and worked in somerfield...pretty boring really.
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What is/was your job???   What is/was your job??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 6:38 am

snoopy21 wrote:
mandy wrote:
JoAandAlice wrote:

Thats not crap. I think a fully qualified social worker only gets about £1300 a month full time after tax and thats based on a £22/23k salary (newly qualified). If you only working 20 hrs a wk you must be on 35k if it was full time. Any tips on how I can change my career path What is/was your job??? - Page 2 Icon_wink What is/was your job??? - Page 2 Icon_lol ? No seriously.... Is your job stressful? I love hearing about all the different careers I never thought about at school. I just decided on SW and never bothered looking into anything else. This thread is making me think!

Sorry didn't mean to sound ungrateful, I guess it's all relative, we live in an expensive part of the world so wages are generally better, and coming from a professional career which paid rather well, it's just less then I'm used to.

It's not particularly stressful, It has it's moments as with any job, but I find it far less stressful than my previous job and when I'm not working I can generally switch off quite easily which is good.
Back to top Go down
Char

Char

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What is/was your job???   What is/was your job??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 6:40 am

im a nursing axillary at an old people nursing home now

i used to do hair dressing for 4 years x
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What is/was your job???   What is/was your job??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 6:46 am

wow what a mixture !!! what a clever lot we are !! x
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What is/was your job???   What is/was your job??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 9:12 am

Hey Mandy I didnt think you were being ungrateful What is/was your job??? - Page 2 Icon_smile ! As you say its all relative, I live in Northern Ireland and on ave are wages are lower but so are our house prices and cost of living. Im pretty sure a SW in London earns loads more than one here but they need more money to live on.
I just sometimes here other ppls salary and think frig why didnt I think of that career!

xxx
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What is/was your job???   What is/was your job??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 6:37 pm

if its £35k full time its somewhat more than what i am on lol,

and you are really selling it to me here mandy, with the stress factor etc, i have experience in managment i want that job lol!
Back to top Go down
Pepper

Pepper

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What is/was your job???   What is/was your job??? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 7:09 am

I work for Network Rail for the station management team. But I only work 2.5 days now and do a job share. I used to love the job but I hate it now. I want to look for something else but the money aint too bad and the hours are brill....though I may need to look for something more 'term time friendly' as the girls get older. And no I do NOT get any kind of free rail travale at all!! grrrrr

xx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What is/was your job???   What is/was your job??? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 7:18 am

I studied psychology with linguistics then went into social care (after 5 years at tesco while I was a student - yuck!). It's ok, I work mainly with adults with severe and enduring mental health problems in the community but also a bit with younger people with learning disabilities.

The work is interesting and varied, but really high stress at times and the hours and pay are rubbish - if I could do it without working shifts when I go back I probably would, but being with Elijah is more important to me now, so maybe it will be something vile like tesco again just for the routine. Hubby is at uni still so I need to be doing regular hours cos he can't Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: What is/was your job???   What is/was your job??? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What is/was your job???

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
What is/was your job??? - Page 2 Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
What is/was your job??? - Page 2 Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
What is/was your job??? - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
What is/was your job??? - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
What is/was your job??? - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
What is/was your job??? - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
What is/was your job??? - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
What is/was your job??? - Page 2 Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
What is/was your job??? - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
What is/was your job??? - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
What is/was your job??? - Page 2 Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
What is/was your job??? - Page 2 Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
What is/was your job??? - Page 2 Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
What is/was your job??? - Page 2 Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
What is/was your job??? - Page 2 Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words