Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

how much notice do you take of

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

how much notice do you take of _
PostSubject: how much notice do you take of   how much notice do you take of EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 7:17 pm

ages on toys??? i was looking at a dustpan and brush for elijah cos the one he keeps finding and stealing i use for cat food and other floor things (yuck!). he loves it though so i looked on elc and they say 3+ years?!

would you take notice? or would you just get it? im sure the tesco value one he was playing with wasn't suitable for a 1 year old either haha but im not really sure why the age is so high?

do you check with toys you buy? i often see something i think he would like and then have to try and figure out why the age bracket is so high : /
Back to top Go down
Kate

Kate

About Me!
My Name: Kate
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: how much notice do you take of   how much notice do you take of EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 7:20 pm

I just get it if i think she'll like it. There seems to be a big age gap in toys to me in that there are loads for babies up to about 12 months and then everything else is 3+!!
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: how much notice do you take of   how much notice do you take of EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 7:36 pm

I dont really look at ages on toys.

If there are small parts that I think wont be suitable, I just remove them and dont let her have those bits.

Im sure he cant do any harm with a dustpan and brush, its just the world gone crazy.

x
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: how much notice do you take of   how much notice do you take of EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 7:46 pm

hahaha thats what i thought...what is he going to do with it?! im not going to put him to bed with it so the potential to do anything wihtout one of us noticing is very slim (famous last words Wink)
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: how much notice do you take of   how much notice do you take of EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 11:53 pm

I don't pay much attention either tbh I think they have to put that maybe inc ase he was superbaby and pulled some bristles out then ate and choked on them?

if there are small bits then I take them out or dont buy the toy but I generally just buy what I think Tyler will like.
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: how much notice do you take of   how much notice do you take of EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 2:32 am

I don't pay much attention to ages at all. I just let her play with what I know she'll like and I know isn't going to kill her.
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: how much notice do you take of   how much notice do you take of EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 7:03 am

I think half the time they just covering their backs etc. I must admit from that 1yr-3yr age it is hard to find appropriate toys if we went by the age.
It also has a lot to do with developmental age too.. are they developmentally capable of using/playing with it.

But a dust pan and brush - I say go for it, teach them young and all that!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: how much notice do you take of   how much notice do you take of EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 7:06 am

well i got it, i asked the 'helpful' lady in elc if she could think why it said 3 and she said no idea Laughing

i guess it is the bristles, but i was going to get him a tesco value one so i (hope) think the elc one might be a bit sturdier. anyway he has spent alllllllllllllllllll afternoon brushing the carpets/me/himself/couch with it and had his nap clutching it so Smile glad i got it haha
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: how much notice do you take of   how much notice do you take of EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 7:42 am

Hehe what a good boy!

Maybe get him a duster and some polish tomorrow?

Smile
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: how much notice do you take of   how much notice do you take of EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 7:45 am

i was thinking maybe a hoover and a steppy stool to reach the sink?! Very Happy he already puts the washing machine on (and off...and back on...and off) and puts his nappies in the bin for me mwahahaha
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: how much notice do you take of   how much notice do you take of EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 9:08 am

As you would expect from me I take no notice of ages on stuff hence why Wil plays football with a proper full size ball, has little bouncy balls and uses a full size vacuum cleaner.

It is all about arse covering IMO. I guess by 3 only exceptional children are still shoving stuff into their mouths that they shouldn't
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: how much notice do you take of   how much notice do you take of EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 7:18 pm

This is a difficult one when you have two or more kids because even if I did take notice of ages on toys Hannah will always have access to toys that are too old for her so other than making Thomas play with baby toys all the time I have no choice. I can't seperate the kids as they love to play together so it's just up to me to remove any teeny bits or fish them from Hannahs mouth/nose/ears constantly.

xx
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: how much notice do you take of   how much notice do you take of EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 9:17 am

I completely ignore them tbh. Lawsuit avoidance tactics imo. Glad he likes it, C has finally taken to baby noo noo (thats a toy hoover to you and i) but will also sweep the kitchen load and switch on the washing machine (sometimes even with clothes not spoons), pass me stuff out the dishwasher (i do remove the cutlery) and dust with my feather duster. Never too early lol
Back to top Go down
Pickle and Pup's mummy

Pickle and Pup's mummy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: how much notice do you take of   how much notice do you take of EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 9:43 pm

I dont really take any notice, just use my own judgement in relation to what Sophia is into at the time and whether she is developmentally ready for it.

They only put ages on as a legality as far as i can make out. and also according to developmental age i guess but they all hit developmental mielstones at different times so just trust your instincts, if you think he is ready for a p[aticular toy, he probably is!

MAndy xx
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: how much notice do you take of   how much notice do you take of EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 8:05 am

I got Arwyn a ball pool and balls from tesco, apparently that's for age 3+?! not exactly sure what harm an 11 month can do in a fabric ball pool and balls bigger than her mouth.... scratch
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: how much notice do you take of   how much notice do you take of EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 8:13 am

hahaha i noticed that too we got the balls and a paddling pool - so far the only thing elijah has managed to do is throw the balls onto the floor for me to fall over - maybe that's the danger!!!
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: how much notice do you take of   how much notice do you take of EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 10:56 pm

I dont take no notice of ages i just make sure theres no lil bits he can get stuck or anything.
He got a till at christmas at 18mnoths says frm 3yrs but he loves playing with it x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: how much notice do you take of   how much notice do you take of Empty

Back to top Go down

how much notice do you take of

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
how much notice do you take of Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
how much notice do you take of Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
how much notice do you take of Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
how much notice do you take of Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
how much notice do you take of Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
how much notice do you take of Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
how much notice do you take of Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
how much notice do you take of Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
how much notice do you take of Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
how much notice do you take of Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
how much notice do you take of Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
how much notice do you take of Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
how much notice do you take of Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
how much notice do you take of Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
how much notice do you take of Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words