Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Do you believe everything you read?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Do you believe everything you read? _
PostSubject: Do you believe everything you read?   Do you believe everything you read? EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 8:21 am

I used to take everything on face value, I was probably a bit too taken in and just a tad stupid. Anyway I think Im now at the opposite end of the scale. Not getting into specifics but after a few lies being told on other forums (not just here and the obvious, but non baby ones), I now find that if I read any tragic incident i immediately think "hmmm really.....". I know that 99% of what people put is true but I cant help doubting some things. I feel horrible for doubting say a newcomer because of past events.

Even in work some of the kids tell me terrible things that have happened to them & I am finding myself thinking they are exagerrating. Its not fair on the kids that really have had a rough time, but in the last few weeks they have made a tit out of me so many times by telling me rubbish as a way of emotional manipulation.

Is this something that happens with age? Am I maturing? Do you believe everything you read? Confused Im going to turn into a twisted old bat at this rate who has no sympathy for anybody Do you believe everything you read? Kopfschuettel Maybe life is easier when you dont analyse things so much!
Back to top Go down
emmaXx

emmaXx

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe everything you read?   Do you believe everything you read? EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 8:23 am

noo i used to be very sucked in and beleived the good in everyone ..and its only recently that i have had my eyes ripped wide open and can see not everyone is honest and respectful x
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe everything you read?   Do you believe everything you read? EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 8:27 am

not on the internet, but if someone told me in person i'm likely to believe it unless they'd given me reason not to
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe everything you read?   Do you believe everything you read? EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 8:33 am

I think if it sounds too good to be true...it probably is..and that applies to just about everything in life. Gut instinct and intuition goes a long way. There are different degrees/lvls to everyone's truth telling abilities..some ppl like to embellish..and some ppl under exaggerate their stories.. One thing I have learned that there is always two sides to any story..and the truth usually falls somewhere in between!
Back to top Go down
me

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe everything you read?   Do you believe everything you read? EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 8:42 am

I agree with Jen completly - I dont always believe things ppl tell me when they sound too good to be true and most times I have neen right for doubting ppl.
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe everything you read?   Do you believe everything you read? EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 9:12 am

im a sucker! i believe almost everything im told Do you believe everything you read? 2984
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe everything you read?   Do you believe everything you read? EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 9:22 am

well i think i have good instinct most of the time, i have known of some bad shit happening(not being told,actually knowing) so i know things happen but od sometimes still doubt people!!! only tends to be people i dont know though, i suppose they have to earn my trust in a way(dont mean just on here, anywhere)if i know someone or have spoken to people a lot i would probibly believe them...but i do think as im getting older i am getting more dubious x
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe everything you read?   Do you believe everything you read? EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 9:24 am

im quite cynical with people i dont know, its nice to give the benefit of the doubt but some things are so far fetched.
Back to top Go down
EmzandFlick

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe everything you read?   Do you believe everything you read? EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 9:25 am

I am a bit more cautious on the other site because of a few fakers but on here I trust you x Do you believe everything you read? Icon_wink

I do also believe that if its too good to be true then it usually is. I gets at least 2 emails a week saying I have won lotteries and by them I should be a millionairre but there is no way I would fall for them as you don't get something for nothing and I don't play the lottery so how can I have won?? Do you believe everything you read? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Pepper

Pepper

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe everything you read?   Do you believe everything you read? EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 9:56 am

lauraplus5 wrote:
im a sucker! i believe almost everything im told Do you believe everything you read? 2984

Laura - I am the same....though now I am a little bit more cautious!
x
Back to top Go down
Lita
Admin
Lita

About Me!
My Name: Lita

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe everything you read?   Do you believe everything you read? EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 9:59 am

I don't think you are getting more cautious with age, I think it's with experience. I used to believe everything but now I think I've seen it all so am very wary of what I read.
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe everything you read?   Do you believe everything you read? EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 11:35 pm

I try to go into everything with open eyes - I believe a lot of what is said/done online is bullsh*t (not here particularly but in general I mean) but that's ok - so long as you aren't investing time and emotion into other people's dramas it doesn't really matter if it's true or not!

Sometimes it just goes to make a good story Smile in reality I try to be quiet open minded with people, but I refuse to get involved with drama or harmful gossip - it probably doesn't help that I don't believe in 'truth', everything is subjective to an extent Smile
Back to top Go down
Bumpwatcher

Bumpwatcher

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe everything you read?   Do you believe everything you read? EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 11:41 pm

No i am very cynical these days. Even with people i know sometimes, but definitely online. I just don't get involved at all if i have any suspicions. It also makes me think how normal and dull my life is when i read what goes on with others! x
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe everything you read?   Do you believe everything you read? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 12:21 am

Lol, i am incredilbly cynical,

i openly admit it, i dont like it tho really cos when i am wrong i just look like a bad person but i have to be like that now, i used to be the opposite and learned the hardway!

although i have no reason now to be cynical i still cant help it. Adam and i used to date for a few months previously to our 'proper' relationship and when he instigated getting back together first and gods honest response was 'why'????

(i actually did ask that out loud too) Do you believe everything you read? Icon_biggrin

Last edited by JoAandAlice on Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe everything you read?   Do you believe everything you read? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 12:35 am

I think it depends on where I am reading it and who is saying it.

I would like to think that most of the time I can get a feel for what a person is like from reading other posts, etc.

I am a lot more tuned in if I am seeing the person face to face though.

x
Back to top Go down
emmaXx

emmaXx

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe everything you read?   Do you believe everything you read? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 7:30 am

my life seems so unreal and i have been through tons.. christ i bee on tv and 2 magazines and then had major ops and then divorcing and omg lots of things.. a sick son 3 miscarrys .. do people think i make it up lol
Back to top Go down
EmzandFlick

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe everything you read?   Do you believe everything you read? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 7:31 am

Laura wrote:
I think it depends on where I am reading it and who is saying it.

I would like to think that most of the time I can get a feel for what a person is like from reading other posts, etc.

I am a lot more tuned in if I am seeing the person face to face though.

x

I read that as ' I am a lot more turned on' for some reason Do you believe everything you read? Icon_lol Do you believe everything you read? Icon_lol Do you believe everything you read? Icon_lol Do you believe everything you read? Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe everything you read?   Do you believe everything you read? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 7:35 am

Ah but Emma there are no inconsistancies in your story plus the mags and telly are bloody proof you cant ust make them up hunxx
Back to top Go down
emmaXx

emmaXx

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe everything you read?   Do you believe everything you read? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 7:39 am

i know ..but all i do is moan lol.. i have to much goign on .. hah i darnt tell everyone on here for being questioned hehe..altough i never relise when someone is i dont even remember everyones real name lol or what they posted about day before i so have my hea din clouds
Back to top Go down
SuziandGracie

SuziandGracie

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe everything you read?   Do you believe everything you read? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 11:39 pm

i used to be a right sucker and would believe everything even marc told me i was too soft but then certain people on the other forum told some hurrendous lies that i believed for such a long time that now i question every sad story. in real life i look at peoples faces you can always tell when someone is telling a porkie, saying that i do trust all of you on here as you have never given me reason not to x
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe everything you read?   Do you believe everything you read? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 11:50 pm

I'm actually quite cynical and don't believe a lot of what i read on the internet, and take a lot of convincing.
In life i tend to be cynical and paranoid too and think people are just lying to me.
Back to top Go down
Lisa & Alfie

Lisa & Alfie

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe everything you read?   Do you believe everything you read? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 11:51 pm

I'm really cynical now, takes alot for me to trust people but i am quite good at knowing who i can't trust.
I knew a mile off what were total lies on the other site so i never commented.

I focus on who i can trust now and ignore the one's i can't Smile
Back to top Go down
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe everything you read?   Do you believe everything you read? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 11:56 pm

to be a good liar you have to have a fantastic memory and thankfully those who lie dont seem to lol !

i do find my self doubting things that do seem a tad to far fetched ! ,,, if something is unbelievable then ill question it until proved otherwise Smile
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe everything you read?   Do you believe everything you read? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 12:04 am

To be honest yes and no. If they say its true then yes i believe they are telling the truth.

If someone says they are lying i'm not going to think they are lying i will find out myself first as to whether they are telling the truth or not.

If someone is lying and its about their life i don't actually really care. If they want to play little games then it's their sad life. I've got my own to live and my own son to care for.

I'm actually confused
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe everything you read?   Do you believe everything you read? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you believe everything you read?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Do you believe everything you read? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Do you believe everything you read? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Do you believe everything you read? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Do you believe everything you read? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Do you believe everything you read? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Do you believe everything you read? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Do you believe everything you read? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Do you believe everything you read? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Do you believe everything you read? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Do you believe everything you read? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Do you believe everything you read? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Do you believe everything you read? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Do you believe everything you read? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Do you believe everything you read? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Do you believe everything you read? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words