Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

luggage allowence

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

luggage allowence _
PostSubject: luggage allowence   luggage allowence EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:16 am

right well iv booked with onthebeach Neutral but i know the hotel is nice as its the same one mara has booked through firstchoice...anyway i paid for 2 15kg cases and we also get 3x10kg hand luggage...do you think that will be enough for me and the boys?? just i wanted to take 3 but think ill struggle by myself with 3 cases 2 kids and a pushchair...but might be able to manage 2 as leo can pull one(bad mum haha) olli can sit in the buggy and i can pull another...pile all the handluggage onto the buggy
im just worried as i like to take 14 outfits each(1 for each day) plus spares for the night time...do you reckon i can squeese about 17 oliver outfits onto a 10kg case?? or at least the majority and the rest in with leo's??
dunno if anyone will actually be able to answre this lol but im just worried im not going to have enough luggage allowence luggage allowence 548646
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs

Edit MY profile

luggage allowence _
PostSubject: Re: luggage allowence   luggage allowence EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:23 am

I got lost at the 14 outfits/17 outfits bit hun soory I'm just doing this> affraid at the fact you all even own that many outfits let alone want to take that much stuff on hols with you Shocked

Laughing

Seriously I have no idea other than for you to do a practice pack and weigh the bag on bathroom scales - does sound like a hell of a lot of clothes though luggage allowence 548646

xx
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!

Edit MY profile

luggage allowence _
PostSubject: Re: luggage allowence   luggage allowence EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:28 am

lol debs it probibly is a hell of a lot...i just get paranoid that each pair will get coverd in icecream/pop each day and they will need a clean pair(we took about 11 for corfu and struggld the last few days as nothing would dry lol)
14 outfits...17 including a few really nice ones haha

ok i suppose i could cut down on a bit of clothing...so maybe 9-10 and take a handwash thingy just incase

yeah suppose i could do a practice run lol xx
Back to top Go down
Kate

Kate

About Me!
My Name: Kate
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

luggage allowence _
PostSubject: Re: luggage allowence   luggage allowence EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:36 am

when we went in june we took 3 bags which were about 18kg each and that was for 2 adults and 1 toddler. We went for 11 nights and i took an outfit for each day, to be honest it was far too much as i did wear some things (skirts, dresses, trousers) twice. When we go this time i am going to take the same amount of underwear, bikini etc but reduce the amount of trousers/skirts and just wear some of them twice with a different vest top which hardly take up any room. In the day i only used bikinis and a couple of those cover up kaftan things so it was a waste of time taking all the other clothes i had packed for daytime!

I would lay out all your clothes and try and take stuff that can be mixed and matched so you are only taking about 4 dresses, 5 or 6 bottoms and maybe 8 or so tops. I also took far too many shoes and then ended up wearing mainly flip flops and one or two pairs of sandals.

In terms of the kids clothes i would try and do the same and take a travel wash so you can just rinse through a couple of tops if needed. I think you will be fine with the amount you have as long as you are ruthless about what you take xx
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!

Edit MY profile

luggage allowence _
PostSubject: Re: luggage allowence   luggage allowence EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:41 am

wow ok thats scared me now 18kg each...lol hmm right im going to have to be really careful what i take...saying that im sure mil has a lightweight 10kg suitcase i can borrow and leo has his own lil suitcase so if needs be ican just shove a few things in there...thanx again girls xx
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle

Edit MY profile

luggage allowence _
PostSubject: Re: luggage allowence   luggage allowence EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:47 am

Does the 2 x 15kg allowance include pushchair? And do the kids not get an allowance or is that one of the 2 x 15kg?

For Matt and I we had 2 x 15kg allowance, Imogen had a 10kg allowance and then we could take the pushchair.

I pack a hell of a lot for holiday - 2 outfits a day for me and Imogen plus other stuff. Matt just your average packer. That allowance was enough for us. So I reckon 2 x 15kg will be fine for you and two boys. Just weigh it before you leave the house for airport

We did the same as you're thinking shoved everything hand luggage on the pushchair. I pulled a suitcase and Matt pushed buggy and dragged the other one. Worked fine for us, you don't have the suitcase for that long really just to check in then other side just to the coach taking you to hotel.
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!

Edit MY profile

luggage allowence _
PostSubject: Re: luggage allowence   luggage allowence EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 6:02 am

ahh cheers shell...you had to pay for the allowence per 15kg it was summut stupid like £25 per person per leg...so works out at like £150 per case Rolling Eyes stupid, but suppose thats how they make their money back!

im presuming...and hoping that the pushchair is inclusive, it always has been when iv been befor,then again iv always been with thomas cook/thompson whatever...think im flying with ryanair pale lol
ahh well hopefully if you managed i should be ok...suppose i have to remember we have like 30kg between us in hand luggage too x
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle

Edit MY profile

luggage allowence _
PostSubject: Re: luggage allowence   luggage allowence EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 6:07 am

Ah i see. Might be worth checking with airline about pushchair, i think most are inclusive but ryanair can be a bit shite.
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

luggage allowence _
PostSubject: Re: luggage allowence   luggage allowence EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 6:43 am

im wondering about this too.

and also taking that amount of clothes. although probs wont take as much for me as I can probably manage to keep myself a bit cleaner than hannah can!

Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

luggage allowence _
PostSubject: Re: luggage allowence   luggage allowence EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 6:45 am

That should be fine Gem, and as for Olives stuff its only gunna be little tshirts and shorts innit!

And you may have to save me some room, i have 5 of us to pack for and i am only taking 2 large suitcases affraid

EEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKK I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!! 11 WEEKS TILL WE GO!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!

Edit MY profile

luggage allowence _
PostSubject: Re: luggage allowence   luggage allowence EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 6:48 am

lol steph, yeah i can probibly re-wear some of mine and stay clean Very Happy

donna-omg 11 weeks luggage allowence 633833 whoop...its ok cos i can ditch anything i dont want to take back with you Wink haha x
Back to top Go down
Emmylou

Emmylou

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

luggage allowence _
PostSubject: Re: luggage allowence   luggage allowence EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 9:19 am

How on earth are you gonna carry it all and push an overloaded pushchair.... That I would Loooooovvvvvvee to see..... if you see eyes at the airport it'll be me Suspect
Does no-one else mix their cases - incase one goes missing with say all my clothes in.. I have nothing to wear till said case found !! I always mix it up so should a case disappear we're all covered. Am I the only panicker Very Happy
Back to top Go down
XLeanneX

XLeanneX

About Me!
My Name: is Leanne
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

luggage allowence _
PostSubject: Re: luggage allowence   luggage allowence EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 7:21 pm

Push chair is usually not counted for and you get that anyway. We always go over and have never been charged, they should give you a couple of kg buffer. Have a fab time! xx
Back to top Go down
Kate

Kate

About Me!
My Name: Kate
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

luggage allowence _
PostSubject: Re: luggage allowence   luggage allowence EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 7:31 pm

Emma'n'Hayden wrote:
Does no-one else mix their cases - incase one goes missing with say all my clothes in.. I have nothing to wear till said case found !! I always mix it up so should a case disappear we're all covered. Am I the only panicker Very Happy

I am a mixed case panicker too! I mix all our three cases so we each have a good selection in each. My packing takes ages as i have to make sure that the stuff in each case would make up coordinated outfits Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

luggage allowence _
PostSubject: Re: luggage allowence   luggage allowence Empty

Back to top Go down

luggage allowence

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
luggage allowence Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
luggage allowence Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
luggage allowence Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
luggage allowence Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
luggage allowence Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
luggage allowence Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
luggage allowence Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
luggage allowence Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
luggage allowence Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
luggage allowence Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
luggage allowence Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
luggage allowence Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
luggage allowence Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
luggage allowence Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
luggage allowence Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words