Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

soft play mothers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

soft play mothers  _
PostSubject: soft play mothers    soft play mothers  EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 1:14 am

I absolutely hate soft play mothers that pay no attention their kids at all. Whenever I go I end up babysitting a bunch of strangers kids because they can't be arsed, too busy feeding their faces and texting.

I follow Ava up all the equipment because she's not steady enough and I ended up having to rescue the same little boy on two occasions who'd climbed up and was too frightened to get down, he couldn't have been over 18 months. Meanwhile his mother was sitting there slurping her coffee and reading Closer! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

soft play mothers  _
PostSubject: Re: soft play mothers    soft play mothers  EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 1:20 am

Lol I seriously don't get those mothers - I only go to soft play so I can have an excuse to play myself Laughing What sort of boring arse goes to soft play and doesnt go on the equipment? Paul's taking the kids on friday while I'm at the bridesmaids fittings and I'm gutted coz I know where I'd rather be Razz

xx
Back to top Go down
Claire

Claire

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

soft play mothers  _
PostSubject: Re: soft play mothers    soft play mothers  EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 1:57 am

Hate people like that Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Char

Char

Edit MY profile

soft play mothers  _
PostSubject: Re: soft play mothers    soft play mothers  EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 2:11 am

We went to soft play today with my friend and there where two diff parents not watching there kids 1 of there kids as going in the mums bag nd getting money out for the toy bus and was emptying het purse all over the floor and the othe child was running around hitting other kids and pushing them over! I was followig the girls every mover
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma

Edit MY profile

soft play mothers  _
PostSubject: Re: soft play mothers    soft play mothers  EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 2:19 am

Debs wrote:
Lol I seriously don't get those mothers - I only go to soft play so I can have an excuse to play myself Laughing What sort of boring arse goes to soft play and doesnt go on the equipment? Paul's taking the kids on friday while I'm at the bridesmaids fittings and I'm gutted coz I know where I'd rather be Razz

xx

hehe i could have written that myself, unless im with someone which im usually not lol...im usually first to the top of the big slide Laughing
but then again i think they need their independance too(obvs ava is still too young to leave, but i mean older toddlers) so do like to leave him to it (when i get board of the slide...or break my thumb lol) depending on the play area, obvs wouldnt let him loose in a huge gynormous playarea where i couldnt find him Shocked ohhh actually on second thoughts.... lol x
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

soft play mothers  _
PostSubject: Re: soft play mothers    soft play mothers  EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 2:23 am

I have to admit to leaving Caitlin to it a bit Embarassed I dont in the main play area, but in the smaller under 4 section me and my friend would just find a table and let our 2 get on with it. Well, we would go over every 10 min or so to say hi/encourage them/ask if they want a drink, but as long as we can see them from a distance I dont see the problem.

Its maybe dif cause Caitlin is almost 2, and is very able on all the equipment in that tiny area.

It actually bugs me the mums of 2 and 3 year olds who follow their kids every move and hinder them from interacting with other kids/prevent them gaining confidence by doing things themselves - im not saying all parents who supervise do this, just a few iv noticed take it to extreme's lifting their kids up at every chance, moving them away from groups of noisy kids etc.

I have to admit the last time my friend & I went her sis went with us and her wee boys is a few months younger than our 2. She did sit and natter with us and there were 2 occassions another mother had to pick her son up crying - i was a bit mortified none of us had noticed, but I guess these things happen and id forgot how big a difference there is between a 16 month old and a 22 month old.

So yup, I know what you mean, but have to admit I could be caught out nattering to my friend and look like a poopy mum!
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!

Edit MY profile

soft play mothers  _
PostSubject: Re: soft play mothers    soft play mothers  EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 2:29 am

^^^same here...but as long as you can see them or whatever then i dont see a problem with that at all...they need to learn independence and where safer than soft play...only a stupid adult could nearly break their thumb Laughing x
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle

Edit MY profile

soft play mothers  _
PostSubject: Re: soft play mothers    soft play mothers  EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 2:35 am

Arrgh I hate unaware soft play mothers. We went to soft play for Immi's bday and some kid just pushed Imogen off the slide. I looked around for the mum but couldn't see who it was. The kid just went off and started bullying some other kids.

I normally leave Immi when she's in the under 4 bit cause she can get on with it herself but I always have my eye on her so I know she's not in trouble.
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

soft play mothers  _
PostSubject: Re: soft play mothers    soft play mothers  EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 5:46 am

I also dont get how they can relax and just let their 18month old child run about on some of the equipment. yes im sure its safe but if they get stuck somewhere and cant get out they might be frightened.

me and hannah went to a friends little boys birthday party in a softplay centre and I let hannah go in by herself. my heart was in my mouth the whole time. but she was fine. I didnt get to relax though.

Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!

Edit MY profile

soft play mothers  _
PostSubject: Re: soft play mothers    soft play mothers  EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 5:55 am

stephandhannah wrote:
I also dont get how they can relax and just let their 18month old child run about on some of the equipment. yes im sure its safe but if they get stuck somewhere and cant get out they might be frightened.

me and hannah went to a friends little boys birthday party in a softplay centre and I let hannah go in by herself. my heart was in my mouth the whole time. but she was fine. I didnt get to relax though.

obvs i didnt mean it was safe to just let them go off and forget about them, just mean its soft for iff they fall, and safer to climb and explore
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

soft play mothers  _
PostSubject: Re: soft play mothers    soft play mothers  EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:16 am

sorry that wasnt aimed at what you said gemz. I didnt even read the replies properly before replying myself.

I know its safe and soft but some of the drops are quite high and when Ive been in with hannah its made me think if I wasnt here to help her around she would have got stuck in some parts or even if she had a fall it could be quite a high fall from something.

I cant wait til shes old enough that I can just forget about her and read a magazine with a cup of tea Smile
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

soft play mothers  _
PostSubject: Re: soft play mothers    soft play mothers  EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:21 am

All soft play centres are different too. I could go to Stephs and decide I do need to shadow Caitlin more, and she could go to the under 4 area in mine and decide that its smaller than her local one and feel comfortable sitting down and leaving hannah a bit.

Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

soft play mothers  _
PostSubject: Re: soft play mothers    soft play mothers  EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:26 am

I agree Steph, there's some huge drops in the one we go to, It would be quite a while before I'd ever consider letting her run solo. I'm quite happy to let her play without me in the flat areas.

Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!

Edit MY profile

soft play mothers  _
PostSubject: Re: soft play mothers    soft play mothers  EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:26 am

lol no worries...the play area we go to, apart from the toddler area oliver would have no chance without me anyway cos its all too high...so he wiould just spend hours in the toddler area which im quite happy to let him go by himself...although like i say unless im with someone else(which is not very oftern lol) id be much more entertained playing in the big one myself Wink lol
Back to top Go down
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!
My Name: Emma

Edit MY profile

soft play mothers  _
PostSubject: Re: soft play mothers    soft play mothers  EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 8:14 am

This is something that really pisses me off, I love playing with Harry at softplay, I don't follow him around everywhere but I dont sit and natter my head off and not supervise him. He's still a littly, and he gets targetted by older kids, don't know why, maybe cos hes gorgeous! Razz xx
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare

Edit MY profile

soft play mothers  _
PostSubject: Re: soft play mothers    soft play mothers  EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:15 pm

i'm the mom who had to climb up a scramble net for my son at age 5 because my friend said oh he will be fine, as her son who was 6 and a bit more wise to the world than rich was with him.

i tend to sit and watch them, but when rich was younger i never took my eyes off him and even now i panic if i cant see him, but he leads his cousins in and looks after them, this isnt pushed on him, he does it naturally.

i was thinking of going to a soft play today with my niece who i have for the day, she is 4 next week and i wont be following her around, i have lucas to watch, plus shes way too independent for that lol, i get told off if i do anything for her lol.

but yep seen my fair share of moms and grandparents sitting there while kids in there, and had my kid hurt more than once because of them places
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

soft play mothers  _
PostSubject: Re: soft play mothers    soft play mothers  Empty

Back to top Go down

soft play mothers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
soft play mothers  Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
soft play mothers  Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
soft play mothers  Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
soft play mothers  Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
soft play mothers  Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
soft play mothers  Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
soft play mothers  Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
soft play mothers  Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
soft play mothers  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
soft play mothers  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
soft play mothers  Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
soft play mothers  Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
soft play mothers  Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
soft play mothers  Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
soft play mothers  Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words