Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

what would you do

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

what would you do _
PostSubject: what would you do   what would you do EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 10:33 pm

Jamie seems to prefer sleeping on his tummy. When he falls asleep in the lounge (he fights it so much generally you have to just wait until he zonks out) or in bed with me he flips himself onto his tummy. However, his broad and we have a very small cot (I think its 60cm wide) because its the only way we can fit it in our room (and we don't really want to turn our flat into a two bed as we're hoping to move and would have to put a load of furniture into storage) so he can't turn himself onto his tummy although he tends to sleep on his side. There's a part of me that's tempted to put him on his tummy but then I get worried (I can be a little paranoid) as I know they say that you should always put them on their backs even if they flip into a different position but on the other hand I think he would flip himself if he had room. What would everyone else do?
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

what would you do _
PostSubject: Re: what would you do   what would you do EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 12:19 am

if he's capable of rolling himself onto his tummy or from his tummy on to his back then I would deffo put him to sleep on his tummy. I know lots of people who have done it (reluctantly because they're scared it's goign against the advice) but some ppl (babies included) just prefer sleeping like that x
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

what would you do _
PostSubject: Re: what would you do   what would you do EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 12:48 am

i have been putting elijah on his tummy for a good while now (probably from about 9 months so a bit older than jamie) as it does definitely help him - he can choose more easily now how he wants to sleep and it certainly aint his back!!!

i know mario is using various things to ease her mind with awen sleeping on her tummy so maybe give her a message?
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

what would you do _
PostSubject: Re: what would you do   what would you do EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 3:02 am

Oh I'd forgotten Mario had this with Awen. Have a feeling she mentioned what she was using in her post. Will have a look. Mind you I did find a flaw to the plan. Tried to put Jamie down on his front for a nap. It was a mad idea anyway as he never settles himself to sleep but he just crawled up and down his cot until I gave up and let him sleep next to me on the bed while I read. Still I guess at night in his sleeping bag that won't be a problem. I might try putting him right to one side of the cot tonight to see if that gives him room to roll because then he'll be doing it so I won't have to worry
Back to top Go down
XxCHARnNOAHxX

XxCHARnNOAHxX

About Me!
My Name: Charmaine

Edit MY profile

what would you do _
PostSubject: Re: what would you do   what would you do EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 5:21 am

I would just put him on his back and he roll over if he wants to.

Char
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

what would you do _
PostSubject: Re: what would you do   what would you do EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 6:51 am

Hey mate

Id let him sleep on his tummy. I had the most awful time settling awen when she was a newborn, two hours of running up and down the stairs every few minutes til she screamed herself out and fell asleep from sheer exhaustion. When i gave in and put her on her tummy she started going to sleep in minutes and sleeps well all night. She can now roll so theoretically i could stop using anything but i dont feel comfortable with it. I was using a snuza waistband alarm but cos shes little you have to tie the nappy really tight to get good contact and OH cant get it right so it loses contact and alarms the nights he does it and cos her skin marks so easily its red by morning so im selling it and getting an angelcare instead. But i reckon it would be good for a bigger baby as it spot on the nights i clip it on
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

what would you do _
PostSubject: Re: what would you do   what would you do EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 7:07 am

Thanks. How much are you planning on selling it for?
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

what would you do _
PostSubject: Re: what would you do   what would you do EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 4:13 pm

i will pm you
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

what would you do _
PostSubject: Re: what would you do   what would you do EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 8:25 pm

Amelia was in 2 hospitals, the first one was excellent and they always put her to sleep on her tummy, the consultant told me it's not a problem if she continues to do so at home he would just give us an apnoea alarm. The second hospital was awful and refused to give us the alarm in case i stole it what would you do 517725.

I already had an agelcare but got so freaked out I bought the snuza aswell. SHe was too small for it it wasn't going off constantly but defo false alarms, it's an amazing idea and I think it would be perfect for Jamie as hes a big boy x
Back to top Go down
Nay

Nay

About Me!
My Name: Naomi

Edit MY profile

what would you do _
PostSubject: Re: what would you do   what would you do EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 8:21 am

We always put Chloe down on her back and when we check on her before we go to bed you can guarantee she will be on her front and she will stay like that until morning.

This morning though she was on her back and the opposite way round.

x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

what would you do _
PostSubject: Re: what would you do   what would you do Empty

Back to top Go down

what would you do

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Baby Babble-
Latest topics
» Spotting
what would you do Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
what would you do Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
what would you do Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
what would you do Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
what would you do Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
what would you do Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
what would you do Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
what would you do Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
what would you do Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
what would you do Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
what would you do Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
what would you do Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
what would you do Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
what would you do Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
what would you do Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words
hot or not
ChatBox
Free forum | Society and Culture | Childhood, Family | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com
ToS | Privacy Policy | Tickers | Amazon Shop | FAQs | Website