Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Sleeping nightmare

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
XxCHARnNOAHxX

XxCHARnNOAHxX

About Me!
My Name: Charmaine
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Sleeping nightmare _
PostSubject: Sleeping nightmare   Sleeping nightmare EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 7:21 am

To be honest ladies i dont think in about a month now i have had a night were i just put noah in bed at 7 30 and he has slept through.

This moment in time he is screaming his head off, his been cryig now for 20 mins. I have been in to tuck him back in but soon as i leave him he starts to cry. Also if every noah wakes up in the night i would just tuck him back in and he would go down straight away.

For the last 2 weeks, his not going down at all when he does he wakes at 12 if i am able to get him back to sleep his back up at 5 i dont know what to do anymore.

His top two teeth have just cut through, i give him calpol, teething gel make sure his warm and changed. But he just doesnt seem to settle. This waking in the night, i have to take him outside coz he gets so upset.

Any suggestions were am i going wrong Sad2 Sad2 Sad2 Sad2 Sad2 Neutral Neutral
Back to top Go down
XxCHARnNOAHxX

XxCHARnNOAHxX

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Sleeping nightmare _
PostSubject: Re: Sleeping nightmare   Sleeping nightmare EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 7:41 am

Just to add the way he screams its like someone is killing him. I mean he really doesn't want to be in his bed. He would cry for hours so the control crying i not an option really. Its like he has spurts of good and bad sleeping.

char
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Sleeping nightmare _
PostSubject: Re: Sleeping nightmare   Sleeping nightmare EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 7:54 pm

Have you considered what might set the spurts off (im not beng patronising its just sometimes hard to be objetive when you are shattered) eg. has he gotten out of his routine from teething, is he going through a development leap atm (my friend found her LOs sleeping got worse when she started crawling/standing/walking etc cps she wanted to be up trying it), has something simple changed like different smelling soap powder, bedding, something moved in his room. Its the oddest little things that will set them off, I remember C havng a bad spate once and in the end I worked out she was waking up seeing y Hong Kong Phooey on the chair near the bed and freaking out, once i moved him she slept again.

I cant be much help except stick to a rigid routine however you do it, we always did dinner, bathtime bottle ITNG story then bed with her army of fave toys and her cd on and if you go in as hard as it sounds use non verbal comforting. All C ever got from me was gentle 'sleepies time Caelyn' and some gentle shushing and back patting or rubbing I never spoke to her and could settle her in minutes whereas OH chats to her and wakes her right up we have fought about it so many times.

When she did have a bad period when I put her in her bed for the 1st time I wasnt prepared to do CC so I did a compacted form where I went back every 5 mins, comforted her/put her back to bed without a word then left for another 5 mins and over time i got less and less needed til she just went to bed willingly.

Hope any of that might help but it doesnt mean you are doing something wrong honey xxx
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

Sleeping nightmare _
PostSubject: Re: Sleeping nightmare   Sleeping nightmare EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 8:14 pm

Have no advice (can't get my son to sleep so can hardly help anyone else) but I hope you crack it soon as I know how tough it is without sleep. I have to see we're almost the opposite to Mario. On the nights when Jamie is screaming we tend to put him in bed with us. We've had this for the last couple of nights and once his gone to sleep we stick him back in his cot and he tends to sleep better
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

Sleeping nightmare _
PostSubject: Re: Sleeping nightmare   Sleeping nightmare EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 9:31 pm

I agree with Mario.

Also is there anything new in his room? Which could be making a shadow? This may be scaring him
Back to top Go down
XxCHARnNOAHxX

XxCHARnNOAHxX

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Sleeping nightmare _
PostSubject: Re: Sleeping nightmare   Sleeping nightmare EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 9:44 pm

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the advice, mario i did think things were scaring him so i just took all his teddies from the bottom of the cot away that still didnt help.

I have never since his been born not b able to settle him if he wakes normally i would do the rubbing and patting and he would be back to sleep in seconds.

OH said he had a nap at 4 yesterday so that might be the reason why he would not sleep. As he would normally have an hour nap at 12.30 thats it.

I do think it started when his teeth were coming through coz one has actually broke through the gum now.

I find he gets up the exact time every night 1 and 4:30. So my thinking is i need to somehow get his body out of waking at these times everynight.

Thanks again ladies

Char
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Sleeping nightmare _
PostSubject: Re: Sleeping nightmare   Sleeping nightmare Empty

Back to top Go down

Sleeping nightmare

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Sleeping nightmare Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Sleeping nightmare Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Sleeping nightmare Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Sleeping nightmare Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Sleeping nightmare Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Sleeping nightmare Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Sleeping nightmare Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Sleeping nightmare Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Sleeping nightmare Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Sleeping nightmare Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Sleeping nightmare Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Sleeping nightmare Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Sleeping nightmare Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Sleeping nightmare Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Sleeping nightmare Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words