Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Your toddlers milk intact

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Emmylou

Emmylou

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

Your toddlers milk intact _
PostSubject: Your toddlers milk intact   Your toddlers milk intact EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 6:37 am

Hi girls,
Hayden was 2 end of May. He generally has 9oz milk full fat at bedtime, and I always do him 9oz to drink before breakfast. I have 3 kiddies and cannot remember when you stop full fat ... I've tried losing the bottle but he wont drink milk out of the juice cups - only juice or water .....
So what does your child drink 1st thing, and how much and are they still on full fat ??
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddlers milk intact   Your toddlers milk intact EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 6:42 am

Callum turned 2 end of june and he still has full fat milk before bed, before nap and sometimes when he wakes in his cot in the morning. He wont drink it out of any cup so he still has bottles but he literally drinks it so quick that hes not sucking on the teat for long. I cant see him stopping milk for a while yet x
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddlers milk intact   Your toddlers milk intact EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 6:51 am

eLlie will be two in September and always has 9oz bottle when she wakes in the morning and 9oz before bed. Some days she asks for bottles in the day and I always give them to her. I'll carry on until she stops wanting it xx
Back to top Go down
RosP

RosP

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddlers milk intact   Your toddlers milk intact EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 6:59 am

Seb has far less than that - he is offered a juice cup (Tommee tippee cup) first thing but typically only drinks about a third of it, although sometimes he wants a refill. Recently he has started wanting the lid off so I only half-fill it, but he does drink more that way. He has cereal with milk but doesn't eat much of it (he usually eats an entire banana at breakfast).

He typically doesn't get any more milk for the rest of the day unless we've been swimming. He stopped drinking milk before bed at 21 mths, rejected the bottle several evenings in the row, so we stopped offering it and started a routine of a bedtime book instead. He used to have it with a mid-afternoon snack but he lost interest in that around 24 months.

He does eat a lot of yoghurt and cheese though. I expect we'll keep the full fat milk going until at least age 5.

Ros
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddlers milk intact   Your toddlers milk intact EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 7:02 am

eli is quite a bit younger, he normally has a shortish bf when we wake up although if i'm already off to work he just has a couple of oz of cows milk in his sippy cup then milk in his branflakes/ready brek
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddlers milk intact   Your toddlers milk intact EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 7:05 am

Imogen turned 2 start of this month and she has a cup of milk (TT juice cup) in the morning and one at night. Not sure how many oz that is. It's full fat milk, I hadn't really thought about changing, am I supposed to?
Back to top Go down
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddlers milk intact   Your toddlers milk intact EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 7:17 am

lewis only has one bottle of milk at bedtime but that is soya. lily-ann is 3 in october and she still has a bottle of full fat milk and full fat in her cereal too
Back to top Go down
Emmylou

Emmylou

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddlers milk intact   Your toddlers milk intact EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 7:19 am

Well this is it? I don't know. Hayden is quite big for 2 and I'm sure with the other boys they stopped at 2 and went over to semi skimmed. I'm are the recommendation was a pint of milk a day hmm perhaps I'll pop to weighing clinic Monday and ask what they say. He's not bothered if he misses his morning bottle but never misses his night mulch Smile
Thanks for your answers ladies xx
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddlers milk intact   Your toddlers milk intact EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 7:20 am

Amelia has a TT cup of milk in the morning with breakie and one before bed. Sometimes she doesn't have the morning one. She has full fat. I think you should keep them on full fat until at least 5, but don't hold me to that.
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddlers milk intact   Your toddlers milk intact EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 7:24 am

alfie is a bit younger but he has a sippy cup on a morning and 9oz on a night time in a bottle. i suspect he will be having this for at least a couple of yrs - he loves his milk!! x
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddlers milk intact   Your toddlers milk intact EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 7:33 am

H has a beaker of semi skimmed in the morning and a cup of toddler milk at bedtime. Sometimes he has another cup during the day if he wants.
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddlers milk intact   Your toddlers milk intact EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 7:38 am

I'm sure that they're supposed to have full fat until they're 5. All mine had it til they were 5. Now that we're buying full fat again my 14 year old has started to drink it again. I'm happy to carry on with full fat for as long as they drink it. xx
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddlers milk intact   Your toddlers milk intact EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 7:40 am

Erm NONE!

Caitlin was on special formula for milk allergy and at about 17/18 months I took the btls away (maybe had 4/5 oz morning and night at that stage) and she refused to take formula in sippy cups. Tried switching to soya milk, even adding strawberry milk powder and she still wont take it.

Going to try cows milk again in a few weeks but im nearly certain she gona hate it or still be allergic to it. Her calcium intake is quite poor. She does eat yoghurt's most days, but doesnt eat much cheese. Its a becoming a bit of a worry for me but im not sure what else I can do. She is about 29/30lb which I think is 50-75th centile so no concerns about growth, just her calcium.

I think they recommend pint a day and it used to be full fat to 5 but I THINK now its 2 or 3 as kids these days tend to get enough fats. x
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddlers milk intact   Your toddlers milk intact EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 7:40 am

They can have semi at 2, my hv told me. But h gets toddler milk as well so I'm not worried.
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddlers milk intact   Your toddlers milk intact EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 8:25 am

dita has a sippy cup morning and night, about 6oz i think, of semi skimmed. Tbh dita went straight onto semi skimmed at 8 months old and straight to sippy cups, thats weird i havent had to use bottles for over a year now!

braden had full fat until he was 20 months and sippy cups from 10 months, about 12oz a day x
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddlers milk intact   Your toddlers milk intact EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 8:45 pm

paige only has half a pint of full fat milk before breakie she's been doing that for nearly a year i think. she rejected.night time milk just after her first birthday
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddlers milk intact   Your toddlers milk intact EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 6:14 am

Caelyns hit and miss with morning cups of milk now so mostly just a few ounces in a up at bedtime but she gets plenty cheese and yoghurts. You can switch to semi skimmed at 2 but im sticking with full fat for now as C is a skinny mini
Back to top Go down
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddlers milk intact   Your toddlers milk intact EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 6:33 am

danielle has full fat in her porridge in the morning and a bottle usuall 8/9 oz in the evening of full fat milk , she does have yoghurts throughout day
the rest of the family dont drink full fat milk but think i will keep her on it for a bot longer as her diet is very poor in general . fusspot she is !
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddlers milk intact   Your toddlers milk intact EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 6:38 am

Oh no! Huge dilema! What am I meant to do?

You see, with my older two (14 and 21) the milk law was that under no circumstances should kids under 5 have anything but full fat milk. So the thought of giving ellie semi skimmed fills me with horror!

I really don't know what to do!
Back to top Go down
Emmylou

Emmylou

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddlers milk intact   Your toddlers milk intact EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 8:10 am

Thanks for all your replies, hmm.... I have noticed the other 2 boys drinking more milk which is obviously a good thing, since I've been buying full fat.. I need a fat cow and a thinner cow. I hate full fat makes me feel ill. James has started also having full fat on his cereal, he doesn't need the extra fat Laughing
I just seem to be forever buying the bloody stuff, we get through on average 4 pints of semi skimmed every day and 4pts of full fat every other day. In saying that I think I'll banish James to ss but continue H with ff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Your toddlers milk intact   Your toddlers milk intact Empty

Back to top Go down

Your toddlers milk intact

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Your toddlers milk intact Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Your toddlers milk intact Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Your toddlers milk intact Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Your toddlers milk intact Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Your toddlers milk intact Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Your toddlers milk intact Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Your toddlers milk intact Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Your toddlers milk intact Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Your toddlers milk intact Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Your toddlers milk intact Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Your toddlers milk intact Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Your toddlers milk intact Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Your toddlers milk intact Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Your toddlers milk intact Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Your toddlers milk intact Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words