Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

If you could ask...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lita
Admin
Lita

About Me!
My Name: Lita
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

If you could ask... _
PostSubject: If you could ask...   If you could ask... EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 10:15 am

..someone to make something ie handmade jewellery, stuff for your child etc... what would it be??

I'm trying so hard to earn a few spare pennies by making and selling jewellery at the moment and noone is at all interested soooo maybe I'm making the wrong stuff??

Is there a specific bracelet/necklace that you like but can't afford?? Would you be willing to buy a cheaper copy instead??

Any ideas are welcome and piccies are good too Smile
Back to top Go down
Lita
Admin
Lita

About Me!

Edit MY profile

If you could ask... _
PostSubject: Re: If you could ask...   If you could ask... EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 10:19 am

Also if you have any opinions on the stuff I've already made then please share. I won't be offended Very Happy
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

If you could ask... _
PostSubject: Re: If you could ask...   If you could ask... EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 10:38 am

Caitlin doesnt really have much jewellery as I worry about choking. I did however recently buy her a necklace and bracelet set that had painted wooden shapes of hearts and strawberrys on it. The elastic was quite tough - like a hair bobble, so im less afraid of her snapping it within a day or 2. I like kids jewellery to be childish if you get me...

As for your things I just had a look and they are nice. The only thing is I prefer chunkier beads... Maybe alternating bright coloured glass colours, or mixing them up with silver. Pandora style is nice too. My fave one of yours is one that wasnt for sale that Mara commented on. I personally am not keen on tiny beads or lots of dangly bits going on.

Also perhaps sticking to silver/bright colours would mean people could wear an item with more outfits - eg if you make a purple necklace people may only buy it to wear with specific clothes? I duno if that makes sense... I'l try and find some pics of jewellery I like and post it on here. Hope I havent offended! x
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

If you could ask... _
PostSubject: Re: If you could ask...   If you could ask... EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 10:41 am

Just checked your albums again and what you use to make zip clips is the type of thing I would consider buying Caitlin in jewellery iykwim. x
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

If you could ask... _
PostSubject: Re: If you could ask...   If you could ask... EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 10:48 am

I like this but god knows how they make it so cheap..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/925-silver-European-beads-charm-bracelets-more-topics-/250858143726?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item8010d50a0c#ht_1835wt_912

Or this sort of size beads...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Topshop-boho-festival-bracelet-/110727505407?pt=UK_Jewellery_Watches_CostumeJewellery_CA&hash=item19c7dfa5ff#ht_500wt_1156

Everyone has dif tastes but and the next person who comments on this could say the opposite! x
Back to top Go down
Lita
Admin
Lita

About Me!

Edit MY profile

If you could ask... _
PostSubject: Re: If you could ask...   If you could ask... EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 10:56 am

Thanks hun, that's very helpful and I will definitely look in to some of your suggestions xxx
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

If you could ask... _
PostSubject: Re: If you could ask...   If you could ask... EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 10:57 am

Its from Hong Kong thats why Snoops....cheap as chips if you get it direct!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

If you could ask... _
PostSubject: Re: If you could ask...   If you could ask... EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 11:08 am

Id be too scared to buy from hong kong incase it didnt turn up. Iv also been confused by hearing about people paying additional import taxes or some crap.

Id prefer to pay 2 or 3 times the price off someone I knew and be able to relax that I was getting what id ordered. x
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

If you could ask... _
PostSubject: Re: If you could ask...   If you could ask... EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 11:12 am

Oh and final thing - im becoming obsessed lol - I have tiny wrists! Childrens bracelets fit me. Even elasticated bracelets I find sometimes wiggle their way off me, so if there was the option to make in different sizes or for you to alter them that would be great.

Im really loving my idea of wooden childrens jewellery too lol. Be nice for xmas presents x
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

If you could ask... _
PostSubject: Re: If you could ask...   If you could ask... EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 11:16 am

snoopy21 wrote:
Id be too scared to buy from hong kong incase it didnt turn up. Iv also been confused by hearing about people paying additional import taxes or some crap.

Id prefer to pay 2 or 3 times the price off someone I knew and be able to relax that I was getting what id ordered. x

I have loads from there, got some stuff from thailand recently...2 days it took! Ive never paid import tax!
the stuff Ive had from ther is the same as what I'd pay 5 times as much for here...in fact people buy from there and then flog for much more here!
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

If you could ask... _
PostSubject: Re: If you could ask...   If you could ask... EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 11:17 am

^^^ although that applies to raw materials really - I'd never by 'hand made' from hong kong, would always buy from a mum or a lady on FB, etsy etc
Back to top Go down
Lita
Admin
Lita

About Me!

Edit MY profile

If you could ask... _
PostSubject: Re: If you could ask...   If you could ask... EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 11:20 am

snoopy21 wrote:
Oh and final thing - im becoming obsessed lol - I have tiny wrists! Childrens bracelets fit me. Even elasticated bracelets I find sometimes wiggle their way off me, so if there was the option to make in different sizes or for you to alter them that would be great.

Im really loving my idea of wooden childrens jewellery too lol. Be nice for xmas presents x

I'd be more than happy to custom fit them. I thought that was implied in the 'To request something be made especially for you then just contact me one way or another' bit but maybe I should word it a bit different..... Will sort it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

If you could ask... _
PostSubject: Re: If you could ask...   If you could ask... EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 6:27 pm

I didn't even realise you did make jewellery. Will have a look later in case there's something my niece will like as her and mum made a jewellery box together the other day
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

If you could ask... _
PostSubject: Re: If you could ask...   If you could ask... EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 6:28 pm

Mind you - saying that - I'm into unpaid maternity leave so I don't suppose I'll be able to afford to buy anything until I get paid at the end of September
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah

Edit MY profile

If you could ask... _
PostSubject: Re: If you could ask...   If you could ask... EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 6:37 pm

what about dummy clips with beads on? I personally like bracelets with sparkly type beads on them xx
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

If you could ask... _
PostSubject: Re: If you could ask...   If you could ask... EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 7:12 pm

I didnt know you made jewelery

For me I would like earings but the the wire that goes through my ears has to be silver or gold and I would like blue stones on them Smile

If you can do this I'd be happy to pay.

Love all the other ideas too

xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

If you could ask... _
PostSubject: Re: If you could ask...   If you could ask... Empty

Back to top Go down

If you could ask...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
If you could ask... Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
If you could ask... Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
If you could ask... Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
If you could ask... Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
If you could ask... Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
If you could ask... Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
If you could ask... Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
If you could ask... Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
If you could ask... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
If you could ask... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
If you could ask... Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
If you could ask... Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
If you could ask... Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
If you could ask... Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
If you could ask... Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words