Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Bit the bullet today

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Mario

Edit MY profile

Bit the bullet today _
PostSubject: Bit the bullet today   Bit the bullet today EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 8:35 am

And spoke to my mum about spoiling C. I started by saying C had been a little challenging of late but was improving so much with the sticker chart/book and naughty step to the point id not stepped her in a fortnight. I said though that cos Neils working so much overtime atm Im basically in sole charge of discipline cos Im always there which means as soon as anyone else is around she pushes me away and tries to run to someone else if I tell her off. I said because of this I needed everyone to be on baord with how Im doing things.

I think she knew what was coming and started protesting but I didnt let her. I said Id told her off just minutes before for kicking the highchair and she had immediately run to my mum. I said that it was a credit to mum I was having to have this conversation because shes not an absent grandparent and I understood her need to spoil her grandkids but because she sees them every few days she is a role model in C's life and I really need a consistent approach.

So i explained that if C runs to her when I tell her off I really need her to verbally back me up and then went through the system we use of stickers in her book for good behaviour and 10 stickers gets her a treat where naughty behaviour gets a warning then 2 mins in the chair. I said id get a book for her house and maybe 5 stickers could get her a choccie bar instead of 10 for a reward (which is my way of trying to cut down the crap mum lets her have too-if shes gotta get 5 stickers 1st there will be less of that to). I also explained about the penny she gets for her penny jar if she tries hard at dinnertime and said Id leave some pennies at mums house she can bring home after visits if she earns one at dinnertime to put in her jar

I really think I needed to have this conversation and i dont think she was initially impressed but to be fair to her after we were done talking C was kicking the chair again and this time Mum told her off and the look on C's face was priceless you would have thought she had been shot. Dad came along too and as I was explaining the chart and step system we use you could see he was totally behind the idea so Im hoping by roping him in it will get enforced cos like I said to mum shes gonna be the bulk of my childcare so I simply cant have C confused by conflicting approaches

Anyway we went to town and i bought the same sticker album we use for C at home plus some packs of stickers for mums house and C after mum told her off actually came to me for cuddles and held my hand in the street so maybe she wont keep seeing me as this terrible ogre now
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Bit the bullet today _
PostSubject: Re: Bit the bullet today   Bit the bullet today EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 9:14 am

Glad it went well. I def think kids need a consistent approach and I think deep down your mum knows that too.

The only thing I would be wary of is if your mum is hell bent on treating C that she will give her stickers for ridiculous things. I know if Stuart was doing the same system with Caitlin he could have her with 5 stickers within 15 mins of being in charge purely for doing simple things like saying please, setting her cup down gently, giving him a hug etc.... Guess you just gotta see how it goes!

At least the ice has been broken there and your mum and dad know what your expectations of C are.
Back to top Go down
Pickle and Pup's mummy

Pickle and Pup's mummy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Bit the bullet today _
PostSubject: Re: Bit the bullet today   Bit the bullet today EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 7:31 am

Well done you missus! Sounds like you dealt with that perfectly!

Yeah, I know, whenever i discipline Sophia she calls for Daddy and it does make me feel like the bad guy. But she does need to know what is ok and what isnt and that does take consistency.

well done and fx your mum does well with it too.

Mandy xx
Back to top Go down
EmVar

EmVar

Edit MY profile

Bit the bullet today _
PostSubject: Re: Bit the bullet today   Bit the bullet today EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 8:20 am

Wow I'm really impressed - well done you for setting up the system, sticking with it, communicating it, getting agreement to it and everything. Supernanny mario!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Bit the bullet today _
PostSubject: Re: Bit the bullet today   Bit the bullet today Empty

Back to top Go down

Bit the bullet today

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Bit the bullet today Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Bit the bullet today Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Bit the bullet today Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Bit the bullet today Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Bit the bullet today Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Bit the bullet today Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Bit the bullet today Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Bit the bullet today Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Bit the bullet today Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Bit the bullet today Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Bit the bullet today Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Bit the bullet today Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Bit the bullet today Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Bit the bullet today Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Bit the bullet today Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words