Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Family Planning Clinic Appointment

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Bumpwatcher

Bumpwatcher

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

Family Planning Clinic Appointment _
PostSubject: Family Planning Clinic Appointment   Family Planning Clinic Appointment EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 2:49 am

Hi ladies,

I have just made an appointment to discuss contraception with a nurse. For the last two years almost i have not been using anything hormonal, obviously partly due to pregnancy and then breastfeeding. So it has been nice not to have anything interfering with my body, but sick of using condoms!

What contraception do you all use? And what are the pros and cons? I have only been on the combined pill before. Was thinking about the patch for a change??

x x x
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Family Planning Clinic Appointment   Family Planning Clinic Appointment EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 2:51 am

i'm on depo but i've only been on it for a week so can't really say anything evil about it like other ladies do Laughing my memory is rubbish since having a baby so i couldn't remember to take a pill everyday
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Family Planning Clinic Appointment   Family Planning Clinic Appointment EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 2:54 am

I was on the combined pill for 14 years and have decided not to put hormonal treatments into my body for now.

I planned to get the coil but the doc couldn't fit it for me in the end

I find abstinence is the best form of contraception but I am not sure OH agrees. Family Planning Clinic Appointment Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Family Planning Clinic Appointment   Family Planning Clinic Appointment EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 2:55 am

When this ones here im not allowed the pill anymore anyway so planning on a coil
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Family Planning Clinic Appointment   Family Planning Clinic Appointment EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 2:57 am

The pill! The dosages are accurate daily vs. the implants or injections. The thought of something foreign lodged inside my arm just makes me squirm. There are some extremely low hormone brands out there. I used the one that also would clear up your skin for years. Hubby is snipped now..so we are good to go! LOL!
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Family Planning Clinic Appointment   Family Planning Clinic Appointment EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 3:07 am

I am avoiding hormones too - partly cos of bf and partly cos after 10 years on various pills with no bother they sent me a bit crazy last year Family Planning Clinic Appointment Drunken_smilie - I'm too scared to get the implant or injection in case the same happens and I'm stuck with it! Although tbh since having Elijah I feel so gross sex is pretty far from the agenda Family Planning Clinic Appointment Icon_neutral
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Family Planning Clinic Appointment   Family Planning Clinic Appointment EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 3:12 am

Im on cerazette the mini pill and i've not got any complaints about it. ive only ever had combined pill before so can't comment on anything else. but it's been fab for me.
Back to top Go down
jewbag86

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Family Planning Clinic Appointment   Family Planning Clinic Appointment EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 3:45 am

i had depo was AWFULL if u intend of trying again in future.
patch made me gain weight .
pill i forgot to take . lol

i am currently on the no sex lol
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Family Planning Clinic Appointment   Family Planning Clinic Appointment EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 3:59 am

Sorry..abit off topic..but what the choices for men...I see how we women are usually the ones who have to pump their bodies with hormones or stick god awful torture devices in places where the sun don't shine..and it really pisses me off. For men..it's condoms...or the snippity snip! Why can't they..with all the medical know-how come up with some pill or patch or coil to shove inside a dude's body. Why is it ok for women to be the guinea pigs and mess with our hormones. When you think about it..one man could easily impregnate dozens and dozens of women... Just pisses me off! Mad
Back to top Go down
Bumpwatcher

Bumpwatcher

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Family Planning Clinic Appointment   Family Planning Clinic Appointment EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 7:41 am

Thanks for all your input ladies. I think after that little lot of info i am just going to stick with the pill Family Planning Clinic Appointment Icon_lol

I had thought about the coil but i can't stand the thought of bleeding for weeks on end.

Jen your right, would be nice if men could take some of the burden. I do think a male pill has been trialed, not sure i would put my trust in someone else to stop me getting pregnant though!
Back to top Go down
Pepper

Pepper

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Family Planning Clinic Appointment   Family Planning Clinic Appointment EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 7:46 am

I had the coil hun fitted last year hun. I bled for 3 weeks and have had only 5 really, small periods since October!! Family Planning Clinic Appointment 66465 The best thing is I dont have to worry about it for another 4 years!! Wooop Woop.

I tried to get OH to have the snip and he did this Family Planning Clinic Appointment Icon_eek Family Planning Clinic Appointment Icon_pale Family Planning Clinic Appointment Kopfschuettel

xx
Back to top Go down
Bumpwatcher

Bumpwatcher

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Family Planning Clinic Appointment   Family Planning Clinic Appointment EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 7:53 am

Pepper wrote:
I had the coil hun fitted last year hun. I bled for 3 weeks and have had only 5 really, small periods since October!! Family Planning Clinic Appointment 66465 The best thing is I dont have to worry about it for another 4 years!! Wooop Woop.

I tried to get OH to have the snip and he did this Family Planning Clinic Appointment Icon_eek Family Planning Clinic Appointment Icon_pale Family Planning Clinic Appointment Kopfschuettel

xx

Oh really, that sounds good! Which coil was it? I have heard mainly that people bleed for weeks/months. I tend to bleed a full month when i start back on the pill anyway.

We are not snipping yet, as we may have another...

x x x
Back to top Go down
Pepper

Pepper

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Family Planning Clinic Appointment   Family Planning Clinic Appointment EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 7:59 am

I had the Merina one fitted. I have heard some women can bleed for a few weeks after but as with anything else we are all different and don't really know until we try it.

If you do decide to have one it takes 2 mins to take it out and it's just like stopping taking the pill.

it was a bit Family Planning Clinic Appointment Icon_redface having it done but it literally took a couple of mins and it was all done and like i said I dont have to worry about for a while yet!!!

xx
Back to top Go down
Bumpwatcher

Bumpwatcher

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Family Planning Clinic Appointment   Family Planning Clinic Appointment EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 8:01 am

Oh that sounds fab Pepper. And you can't feel it??
Back to top Go down
Pepper

Pepper

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Family Planning Clinic Appointment   Family Planning Clinic Appointment EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 8:10 am

Nope not at all Family Planning Clinic Appointment Icon_biggrin the first time me and OH, you know Family Planning Clinic Appointment Icon_wink , I was a bit paranoid but it was fine.....and the few periods I get are sooo light I can't even wear a tampon and some days there is hardly anything unless i wipe Family Planning Clinic Appointment 517692

xx
Back to top Go down
Bumpwatcher

Bumpwatcher

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Family Planning Clinic Appointment   Family Planning Clinic Appointment EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 8:17 am

Well you are selling it to me! How about mood swings?? Who needs nurses, eh! x x x
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Family Planning Clinic Appointment   Family Planning Clinic Appointment EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 8:21 am

Ive told neil after this one ill have been cut open twice so he's having the snip. He actually agreed with me Family Planning Clinic Appointment Affraid
Back to top Go down
Bumpwatcher

Bumpwatcher

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Family Planning Clinic Appointment   Family Planning Clinic Appointment EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 8:23 am

marioandthestuntbubs wrote:
Ive told neil after this one ill have been cut open twice so he's having the snip. He actually agreed with me Family Planning Clinic Appointment Affraid

And rightly so! I think it's the least men can do.

When i saw your post after mine, i thought oh no i hope i haven't offended! I wasn't slating nurses btw, just saying ladies on here are very resourceful too! x x x
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Family Planning Clinic Appointment   Family Planning Clinic Appointment EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 8:25 am

Nah, you are right lol. As often as possible i try not to be too 'nursey' cos i dont wanna irritate/offend/patronise anyone

Mind you i did wonder if since they were in there digging around next year anyway would they consider just hoiking the whole lot out at the same time Family Planning Clinic Appointment Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Pepper

Pepper

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Family Planning Clinic Appointment   Family Planning Clinic Appointment EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 8:26 am

Nah none of them at all...I don't think! LOL

xx
Back to top Go down
Bumpwatcher

Bumpwatcher

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Family Planning Clinic Appointment   Family Planning Clinic Appointment EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 8:30 am

Nah, you are right lol. As often as possible i try not to be too 'nursey' cos i dont wanna irritate/offend/patronise anyone

Mind you i did wonder if since they were in there digging around next year anyway would they consider just hoiking the whole lot out at the same time Family Planning Clinic Appointment Icon_lol

Oh no! That would be giving Neil the easy way out, let him suffer a little too! Hehe!

Pepper i think maybe mood swings just go with the territory of being a woman!

x x x
Back to top Go down
Pepper

Pepper

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Family Planning Clinic Appointment   Family Planning Clinic Appointment EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 8:31 am

LOL - what I mean to say was no more than usual!!!
*throws a plate at Mr Pepper for no reason*
xx
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Family Planning Clinic Appointment   Family Planning Clinic Appointment EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 8:32 am

Bumpwatcher wrote:

Oh no! That would be giving Neil the easy way out, let him suffer a little too! Hehe!

Pepper i think maybe mood swings just go with the territory of being a woman!

x x x

Or i could not tell him and let him go anyway just to be doubly sure Family Planning Clinic Appointment Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
andreah

andreah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Family Planning Clinic Appointment   Family Planning Clinic Appointment EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 7:59 pm

Fran, I have had 3 coils fitted since the age of 17, the first was was a normal copper one, had heavy periods with that one....then i was fitted with the Merina which lasts 5 years i think, i was that impressed that was replaced with another merina coil, which i then had removed to get preggers, which happened 3 months of having it taken out!

For me, the merina coil was brill. I didnt have any periods AT ALL for about 7 years, i did worry about the side affects and whether it was healthy to not have periods, but the doctors always said it was normal! Both my sisters have the merina coil fitted and they have "slight" periods each month! So each person is affected differently.

I am a relatively moody person anyway (ha) - so i dont think there was any "hormonal" issues - I am just one big hormonal person.

The only thing you can do is have one fitted, give it a good couple of months to settle in, and see if it works for you??? I couldnt feel the coil strings as they cut them quite short, so didnt ever check to see if it was still there! Having no periods was a bonus tho!! x
Back to top Go down
Bumpwatcher

Bumpwatcher

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Family Planning Clinic Appointment   Family Planning Clinic Appointment EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 6:57 am

That sounds like a plan Mario!

Thanks Andrea, that is great to hear even more positive reviews. Will definitely be discussing it at my appointment, although i am wondering if i will chicken out and just stick with the pill... i am a wimp!

x x x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Family Planning Clinic Appointment   Family Planning Clinic Appointment Empty

Back to top Go down

Family Planning Clinic Appointment

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Family Planning Clinic Appointment Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Family Planning Clinic Appointment Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Family Planning Clinic Appointment Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Family Planning Clinic Appointment Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Family Planning Clinic Appointment Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Family Planning Clinic Appointment Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Family Planning Clinic Appointment Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Family Planning Clinic Appointment Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Family Planning Clinic Appointment Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Family Planning Clinic Appointment Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Family Planning Clinic Appointment Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Family Planning Clinic Appointment Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Family Planning Clinic Appointment Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Family Planning Clinic Appointment Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Family Planning Clinic Appointment Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words