Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Prohibited Substances!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Prohibited Substances!  _
PostSubject: Prohibited Substances!    Prohibited Substances!  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 6:37 am

Have you got any?! Laughing

Izzy had her play dough confiscated along time ago, cos she just kept eating it! AND it went in the carpet!

So I've bought some more today and it will be for 'high chair at the table' use only! She has been playing with it since 7.15pm...bedtime is ermmmm 8pm ...but she is playing so nicely for over an hour I feel bad so I'm waiting til she is finished!

The only other thing that was confiscated was a stupid shopping basket of plastic fruit - which just used to end up everywhere, she didn't play with it, just threw it etc! That is still hidden....FOREVER!

Her big bottle of bubbles is restricted - and I now have to put the bottle in a big bowl outside and tell her not to touch it (we've gone thru alot of bottle being tipped over!)

Paint is obviously restricted, she paints about 3 or 4 days a week

Just wondering what stuff your toddler is no longer aloud, or is restricted with?
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Prohibited Substances!    Prohibited Substances!  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 6:50 am

Pens, she's only allowed to colour when sat up at the table with me not too far and the minute she starts drawing where she shouldn't thats it, they're gone again.

The play dough conveniently got left outside and dried up.. we won't be buying more. She's great with it, mostly but I can't handle the colours mixing so it's best for us all to just not bother.

We barely paint at home. She gets in a right tantrum when she has to change paper (even if it's about to fall apart cause its so wet with paint) or finish so I just can't be bothered. At her toddler group they have paint set up so I let her do it there. She's a lot better behaved when around others.
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Prohibited Substances!    Prohibited Substances!  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 7:10 am

crayons due to the walls being a good canvass...

paint, due to the tiny house and no room for swinging with a paint brush...

bradens toy story soldiers.... they really hurt when you stand on them...

hmmmm im a bad mum theres prob loads lol

x
Back to top Go down
Kitcat4192

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Prohibited Substances!    Prohibited Substances!  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 7:11 am

We have paints but don't do them as the girls are too close in age to watch together making sure they don't destroy anything. Playdough and pens is at the table and its only one pot of play dough at a time. H doesn't do pens or play dough as she's 16 months and eats everything! E is two and a half and needs a bit more entertaining. Other than that I don't restrict a lot. Oh aside from them staying up past seven lol. That is restricted x
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Prohibited Substances!    Prohibited Substances!  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 7:17 am

um at the moment elijah is forbidden from playing with: crayons or paint without supervision, chalks full stop (for now) and can only play with pens if we are around and preferably he is in his high chair.

haven't delved into the world of play doh yet
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Prohibited Substances!    Prohibited Substances!  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 7:25 am

oh yes - forgot about pens! She has crayons and pencils but destroyed the last set of pens by eating the ends!
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Prohibited Substances!    Prohibited Substances!  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 7:37 am

Balloons atm cos she keeps chewing em and duplo cos she tips it on the floor then wanders off. I may cave into that now though cos shes learned not to do it with sticklebricks so itd a start. Also play food has been banished to the bac garden playhouse
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Prohibited Substances!    Prohibited Substances!  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 8:42 pm

we had these window stickers that Tyler loved but they weren't really sticky enough for him to get on the windows himself so he'd demand that I sat at the window on the floor sticking them all on - for him to pull off laughing and then demand I did again. I swear he could have had em doign it for hours - I think they've found their way into the bim now!

playdoh crayons etc are only for use at the table... he's pretty good with that (at the moment)
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Prohibited Substances!    Prohibited Substances!  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 10:04 pm

Toys taken away and hidden until further notice:
Mr potato head (100 piece one - he is allowed the normal one with just a few bits)
All types of bricks - didn't play with them just threw them around and tipped the bucket over Hannah's head
Play doh - in the bin coz it went hard and got squished into carpet/sofa and eaten by both
all pens (felt tip/biro type ones)

Restricted toys:
Paints - find this an extremely difficult activity because Thomas loves it and is pretty good at being neat but Hannah just can not be trusted. This activity is now restricted to sunny days only when we do it outside on the big trampoline so Hannah can't climb up as easily Rolling Eyes
Crayons/pencils/chalks - strictly under my supervision but again more Hannah's fault than Thomas' (poor Thomas)
Jigsaws - I HATE it when a part of a jigsaw is lost or damaged so these are restricted to mummy/daddy time only so we can make sure all bits are put back
Paper books - again HATE if books are damaged so only board books are available to play unless I'm there to read/supervise
Bubbles - we have a bubble mower for the garden which I fill up and thats fine until they drag it into the kitchen and I nearly break my neck on slippery tiles Prohibited Substances!  517725 this rule now extends to SD who although 18 managed to spill a huge bottle of bubble juice all over my carpet at the weekend and mopped it up with a tile without telling me - cue washing machine bubble explosion and a very angry Debs!!!!! Mad

xx
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Prohibited Substances!    Prohibited Substances!  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 10:59 pm

Just play doh I can't stand the stuff, she ha it when she goes to her Nans instead
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Prohibited Substances!    Prohibited Substances!  EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 12:57 am

^^^^ all of the above!

Pretty much anything that can get wedged into the carpet or coloured into the walls and furniture.

Aimee is allowed to play with them supervised, but its not as easy now that Lily is crawling.

x
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Prohibited Substances!    Prohibited Substances!  EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 1:11 am

OK BUBBLES ARE BANNED AGAIN

She had them in a bowl so if they split they'd not go on the floor - I took my eyes off her for 5 minutes to make some rice pudding and she took the bottle (one of the HUGE bottles) into the front room and then snicked 90% of the bubble mix onto the floor.....I just had to soak as much into a towel as I could and then scrape it up out of the carpet with a spoon .... its going to be messy for a long time!
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Prohibited Substances!    Prohibited Substances!  EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 1:21 am

Oh no Lisa! What colour is your carpet?! We have a cream/pale beige rug and every drop of juice Caitlin has ever spilt is now highlighted a grubby grey colour were general dirt and dust has sunk into it! Its impossible to see every lil spill/drip she leaves at the time. Rug is shameful when ppl call.

Iv just realised that Caitlin has never painted Shocked Well, she's had her hands and feet done by my SIL under the age of one. I dont think she's ever been let loose with a paint brush! Cant see it happening for ages yet considering even crayons atm are used on tables/doors etc Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Prohibited Substances!    Prohibited Substances!  EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 1:41 am

Thankfully she split it on the browny bit of my rug!

NEVER PAINTED?! iM CALLING CHILD SEVRICES ON YOU , BAD MUMMY! hahahahahaha
Izy only does painting strapped in her booster chair - still manages to get it everywhere, and last week slapped it on her head and said it was soap!
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Prohibited Substances!    Prohibited Substances!  EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 1:45 am

Haha I do actually feel a bit mean now. The high chair idea is a good one, id need to take the tray off ours but and push her up to the table. Maybe il invest in some for the winter to keep her busy.... though I bet she gets to use them twice before I ban them lol! I dont even let her use felt tips!
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Prohibited Substances!    Prohibited Substances!  EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 7:57 pm

paint is restricted in my house but I dont feel too bad because she paints everyday in nursery.
playdough she gets to play with once a week normally - does my head in when the colours get mixed up - she has about 30 pots of the stuff so I actually quite like when some of it goes hard and needs binned.

bubbles are not so bad as we have a bubble gun and its not as messy as the wand

x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Prohibited Substances!    Prohibited Substances!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Prohibited Substances!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Prohibited Substances!  Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Prohibited Substances!  Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Prohibited Substances!  Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Prohibited Substances!  Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Prohibited Substances!  Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Prohibited Substances!  Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Prohibited Substances!  Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Prohibited Substances!  Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Prohibited Substances!  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Prohibited Substances!  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Prohibited Substances!  Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Prohibited Substances!  Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Prohibited Substances!  Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Prohibited Substances!  Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Prohibited Substances!  Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words