Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Going to be a bit controversial

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Honeybunny

Honeybunny

Edit MY profile

Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Going to be a bit controversial    Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 6:48 am

First topic message reminder :

Having only just worked out how to turn off notifications on the banda facebook group, does anybody else feel like they look at the facebook posts more than banda? I am guilty of looking at facebook and not looking at banda.

Here's the controversial bit, do you think we should shut the facebook group? Shocked

It's just a suggestion, I know I would look on here more if I didn't get all the goss on facebook and I've probably had over 100 notifications in the last 24 Hours, I wonder if there has been a similar number on Banda?

It just seems a shame after all of lisas hard work, I am going to try and come on here more than facebook in future (even if I do keep forgetting my password oops!)

Ann
Xxxx
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Going to be a bit controversial    Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 9:06 am

I think we all need to try and start using Banda more. I havent been around alot lately because any spare time i do have is spent sleeping lol.

Banda fb is alot easier because my laptops usually open on fb throughout the day and the notifications pop up. But I dont want to lose what we have here, our own little community. I will be making more of an effort from now on. Who needs sleep lol x
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Going to be a bit controversial    Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 6:52 pm

I don't use FB Banda for posting things - I might comment on things people put in there but I rarely use it - but saying that I don't have internet on my phone so I'm always either at my computer at work or on laptop at home and have facebook and banda open.

the FB Banda is useful if your on and just want to have a quick AARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHH about someone - easier than logging into Banda to do it but I do think Banda is suffering as a result... its soooo quiet in here yet FB Banda is hot hot hot at night!
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Going to be a bit controversial    Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 11:08 pm

Well no one took notice of it being changed for emergencies only - banda is up for renewal in 7 days ... maybe I shouldnt bother!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Going to be a bit controversial    Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 11:11 pm

maybe we should tell everyone off that uses it Lisa haha Im often on in the morning I'll take morning Nazi duty pmsl.
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Going to be a bit controversial    Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 1:40 am

surely it doesn't take that much effort to open a new tab and use banda?!!!
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Going to be a bit controversial    Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:33 am

Why dont we just close it down lisa, it wasnt there to start with and we managed fine and to be fair banda is a copyrighted so should only be used with your permission x
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Going to be a bit controversial    Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:38 am

FB Banda? scratch
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Going to be a bit controversial    Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 4:19 am

I'm gonna be completly honest as a non fb user, I knew there was a group on fb, but I didn't know so much happened on it. It makes me feel like an outsider more so tbh!
I've had problems with Banda on my iPhone, it seems to have a long time lag when replying, but I understand that's not Lisa's doing and eagerly await the update so I can get back on more!
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Going to be a bit controversial    Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 4:39 am

Kell wrote:
I'm gonna be completly honest as a non fb user, I knew there was a group on fb, but I didn't know so much happened on it. It makes me feel like an outsider more so tbh!
I've had problems with Banda on my iPhone, it seems to have a long time lag when replying, but I understand that's not Lisa's doing and eagerly await the update so I can get back on more!

This is why i don't like the FB group!

Its now been changed to emergencies only - its not fair that the community is split - I dont want some people feeling like they are only in on half of it - so the banda FB shouldn't be used...can we please try to stick to this if we want the community to remain?
Back to top Go down
Honeybunny

Honeybunny

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Going to be a bit controversial    Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 4:53 am

Sorry! I told you it was controversial! The issue I have is like all of us with limited time I look on facebook as that's how I keep in touch with lots of my mates and family in Brum but by the time I've checked all the banda stuff on there as well its time to do something else so I don't get time to look on band as well.

Hopefully, the forum will unite again and once again, sorry for causing all this grief!!!

Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Going to be a bit controversial    Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 4:57 am

Dont need to apologise Ann!
Back to top Go down
EmVar

EmVar

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Going to be a bit controversial    Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 4:58 am

Well its only just changed to emergencies only on my FB app but I seethe change was actually made at lunchtime!

I agree it does seem to be taking away from Banda and that shouldn't be the case but also it really is really handy for when you want to just gaaaahhh about something in a private part of FB. Otherwise Banda would be riddled with meaningless blasphemations and very little conversation lol.

Oh but hang on, that's what the shout box is for??
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Going to be a bit controversial    Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 5:00 am

Donna only just changed it within the last hour
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Going to be a bit controversial    Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 5:07 am

Do we need to shut the meets and biggest loser pages on fb too as we have a meets forum and a healthy living forum?

xx
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Going to be a bit controversial    Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 5:15 am

It does only seem fair - otherwise people not using FB don't get to see what's being planned
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Going to be a bit controversial    Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 5:25 am

The biggest loser group is a specific thread for losing weight and on FB is now called biggest loser which anyone can join whether banda or not, we also have our thread on here which i update daily called BANDA biggest loser,
As for the meet one maybe that should go, as we both said non facebook users may miss out on the chance to attend the meets and we do have a specific meets section on the forum xx
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Going to be a bit controversial    Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 5:37 am

Ok ladies I have put up a post in BANDA meets on fb to say that as from tomorrow the page will be gone. For those of you who have already started threads and arragements in there please move it to the meets forum on here so non fb'ers can possibly join in Very Happy

xx
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Going to be a bit controversial    Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 5:40 am

I think it's better all round because it does feel like the community is split and it's not fair on the non FB users. The person that originally started the FB group is no longer a member and us admins weren't to eager for it to be started in the first place xx
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Going to be a bit controversial    Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 6:22 am

To be honest I only got added to the group a week maybe two ago and up untill then I didnt know it exsisted. I can live in a bubble somtimes lol.SO am fine without it. Lisa how about giving it a week to see if people really do stop posting and if not just close it down? It is handy to have but not at the expense of all the hard work you've put in here x
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Going to be a bit controversial    Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 6:52 am

Im not longer a member of Banda FB so it means nowt to me if its shut down as I come on here to gah and rant anyway. Meets I was added to but im happy enough to use the meets forum.

I will be totally honest though and say Id be gutted to lose Biggest Loser FB group and im glad its been removed from Banda and made its own thing. I put some deeply personal stuff on there i dont really want on an open general forum like healthy living and i dont wnna clog up PL with and people who aent losing weight probs dont really care about anyway lol. I think having its own group with a single thread is perfect as it doesnt clog lisas forum up with chunky bird chatter

But i do hope more traffic comes through here now, I got 10K to aim for and Mari to catch up with
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Going to be a bit controversial    Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 7:00 am

I agree with keeping the biggest loser because in a moment of weekness then its quick to ask for help and the majority of time you just need someone to tell you NO and talk you through it. I also dont want my weight loss journey tobe pulic and I like hatal the other losers are going through the same thing at the same time. We do just talk about food/weight in there though x
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Going to be a bit controversial    Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Again didn't realise there was biggest looser group, I don't have support in that side of things from you guys. It's a shame but I understand you wanting privacy.
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Going to be a bit controversial    Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 6:42 pm

Kell there is a post in healthy living from when the competition started. I think it was decided to mostly keep it seperate and hence moved away to fb as theres a lot of non forum related chatter like what are we having for breakfast/lunch/dinner/snacks, what exercise are we doing, quotes etc and if someones having a wobble lots of messages there but it would totally clog up the forum esp the latest threads box it would just be full of inane food related chat which seems unfair to the forum as a whole if they are trying to get proper baby advice. But that said its not like you cant access thatsupport, im sure f you message Donna she will add you to the losers list and a lot of us also communicate by text if we are struggling etc and you can leave message in healthy living and we would get back to you just possibly not as quick as it would be when someone logs into banda. Would love to see you joining it though its going awesomely well atm the groups lost 7 stone between them in just 2 weeks xxx
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Going to be a bit controversial    Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 6:50 pm

Oh sorry I k ow the challenge is going ahead, but not that support was happening via Facebook or text even. I just assumed everyone was fine because no one posts about it! Lol no problem I just didn't know!
I get my support from mfp on the most part for that side of things.
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Going to be a bit controversial    Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 6:53 pm

I think theres a lot of the losers using MFP, I was but im on SW now but i can think of 3 others using MFP. Looks like you are doing ace going by your ticker x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Going to be a bit controversial    Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Going to be a bit controversial

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Going to be a bit controversial  - Page 2 Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words