Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

am i mean and lazy?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

am i mean and lazy? _
PostSubject: am i mean and lazy?   am i mean and lazy? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 12:48 am

just wondering Laughing for grownups, particularly mr.mari, i always ask what they want for their christmas present (and birthday really) - i really honestly think its the best way to get people what they want, but then i was thinking today (while looking at mr.mari's birthday/christmas links list), im not sure i would like it the other way round?

im not bad at buying presents but i just think its easier (lazy!) and less wasteful (mean!) to get stuff people have asked for...i usually ask for a couple of suggestions so they dont know EXACTLY what they will get, but would you prefer a surprise, or would you rather choose?
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

am i mean and lazy? _
PostSubject: Re: am i mean and lazy?   am i mean and lazy? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 1:01 am

I l ike suprises of everyone except oh. I decide what i want and then take him shopping, usually a coat or boots.

My mum always gives me cash but my sister always buys something nice for me and I buy her something nice. We're of a similar age so we just pick something that we'd like for ourselves.

I like oh to tell me exactly what he wants as I spend quite a bit on him and would hate to waste money. Last birthday he got a Kindle Smile
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

am i mean and lazy? _
PostSubject: Re: am i mean and lazy?   am i mean and lazy? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 1:24 am

I have to tell Stuart what I want. It does my head in that he cant pick something I like. He literally moans months before bday/xmas that he needs to know what I want and then buys me exactly that. I suppose its good in a way as Im getting something I like. It prob annoys me so much as when I ask him what he wants he always says 'nothing'. I think its only polite to help the other person out if you are forcing them to make lists!

My mum I can tell what I want for bdays, usually a haircut & colour. But xmas she buys stuff throughout the year and iv not much say in what I get. Annoying in ways as some years I end up with a bag of nice things that maybe cost £100+.... but id have prefered the option of asking for one thing at £100 if you get me? But then id prob miss the pants, novelty socks and bath bombs Laughing

Suppose it depends who it is that wants to know. Stuarts always asking me to pick something for his MIL to get me for xmas/bdays and he'l tell her but I refuse to do that. I hate the thought of picking something thats more than she intended to spend. I also got peed off last year as we had bought a few sanctuary sets for our mums/MIL/SMIL and stuarts mum turned round 3 wks before xmas and told Stuart she had bought a coat and wanted half the money for it as her xmas present, I thought that was a bit rude tbh.

Have I actually answered the original question or just wrote a journal to myself? scratch Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

am i mean and lazy? _
PostSubject: Re: am i mean and lazy?   am i mean and lazy? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 am

I get annoyed when people ask me... well by people I mean OH although most of the time he's pretty good. I feel like people should know me well enough to use their imagination and I don't think I'm that hard to buy for... I love bags so you can't go wrong with a handbag if you can't think of anything else.

But then when it comes to my Dad I do NOT know what to get him and always ask his girlfriend for ideas (although she is useless and doesn't give me any help) so he normally ends up with the same old stuff.

I guess it depends on the person.
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

am i mean and lazy? _
PostSubject: Re: am i mean and lazy?   am i mean and lazy? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 4:33 am

I always give people a list (when they ask). I know I'd rather get something I want if they're going to spend money on me (although honestly not bothered if they don't) so don't see the problem asking other people
Back to top Go down
Mummy2aMiracle

Mummy2aMiracle

About Me!
My Name: Dilly
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

am i mean and lazy? _
PostSubject: Re: am i mean and lazy?   am i mean and lazy? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 9:12 am

I always write a list of what I would like & what shop.it's in as hubs has no idea what to get me and every year he also asks me what do I tell people you want and I always say a voucher for a shop, like last year it was Robert Dyas & Argos as I'd seen a couple of things I liked and I really wanted an electric wok but I thought it cost too much for 1 person to buy me but with a couple of £10 vouchers I got it. This years vouchers I would like are Lakeland ones as I've seen something I reallllllllly want lol lol.

Mil always says "Dilly you should buy something for yourself not the house".but there's nothing I want. Give me kitchen equipment, recipe books etc... and I'm happy :-D xxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
EmVar

EmVar

Edit MY profile

am i mean and lazy? _
PostSubject: Re: am i mean and lazy?   am i mean and lazy? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 6:14 pm

I have far too much crap in my house now - candle holders with no home, perfume I don't like, make up bags, make up sets that are tried out but unused, bath bombs that I'm allergic to etc etc. I am clearly the most ungrateful biatch ever lol

These days I use the amazon wish list facility and add things on that I fancy as and when I spot them. You know the things I would like but don't really need so can't justify the cost when we're scraping for a food shop some weeks. There are things I save for asking oh / mum / dad specifically like I needed a winter coat so mums helped with that for my bd and it was nice to go shopping together for an evening. Dad's got me a handbag and OH is getting me some shoes. My sisters, MIL and friends will dib off the wish list so it works out well for me xx
Back to top Go down
XxCHARnNOAHxX

XxCHARnNOAHxX

About Me!
My Name: Charmaine

Edit MY profile

am i mean and lazy? _
PostSubject: Re: am i mean and lazy?   am i mean and lazy? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 6:52 pm

I always ask my mom what she wants as she tends to need a few things then i would get her a few surprise stocking fillers.

I ask ohs parents wat they want as they have everything and the mil is quite fussy.

OH i always surprise him.

The rest of the family i just bargin hunt for, i have just got them perfume gift sets lo.

char
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

am i mean and lazy? _
PostSubject: Re: am i mean and lazy?   am i mean and lazy? EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 1:01 am

I tend to ask people around the person im buying for like my mum i will ask my stepdad and vice versa so it ends up being a surprise to them x
Oh justs tells me what he wants and then il just pick what i wana get and he normally asks me then normally gets me something i dont know off x
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

am i mean and lazy? _
PostSubject: Re: am i mean and lazy?   am i mean and lazy? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 5:30 am

I dunno.

I was saying to my oh that we could get his mum a nice expensive pair of earrings or something for her xmas as Id saw some lovely ones and he said back that she had already told him she didnt want jewelry or clothes. I thought that was really cheeky considering Ive told her a few times not to get hannah something if ive got it or planning to get it and shes just went and got it anyway.

but if it was my mum I wouldnt be annoyed.

I normally tell oh what I want but for my birthday this year there was nothing I wanted or needed so he picked it on his own and think I will just let him from now on as I liked what he bought.

I guess for myself I would like to be bought something I needed but its also nice to be surprised
but I like to just buy for other people and not something they need

x
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

am i mean and lazy? _
PostSubject: Re: am i mean and lazy?   am i mean and lazy? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 1:26 am

i like to ask, and also to tell

i dont have a house big enough for junk..... still get loads though!

Ungrateful or what lol x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

am i mean and lazy? _
PostSubject: Re: am i mean and lazy?   am i mean and lazy? Empty

Back to top Go down

am i mean and lazy?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge :: Christmas :: 2011 Archive-
Latest topics
» Spotting
am i mean and lazy? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
am i mean and lazy? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
am i mean and lazy? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
am i mean and lazy? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
am i mean and lazy? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
am i mean and lazy? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
am i mean and lazy? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
am i mean and lazy? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
am i mean and lazy? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
am i mean and lazy? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
am i mean and lazy? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
am i mean and lazy? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
am i mean and lazy? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
am i mean and lazy? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
am i mean and lazy? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words