Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Starting to get the feeling...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Starting to get the feeling... _
PostSubject: Starting to get the feeling...   Starting to get the feeling... EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 3:06 am

that i'm quite tight! Laughing well I knew it already but reading some people's posts about christmas have made me realise how tight I really am.

We've bought Imogen a dressing table for christmas was £30 but we got it for £10 with money off vouchers. That's her present from us. We're planning to go to poundland and buy things for her santa sack - pens, colouring pads, books, bath toys, fancy dress stuff. But being poundland we're obviously not going to spend a lot. Oh and we got her an outfit in Primark for £2 and pjs for £3. I won't be buying her anything else. So probs in total £30ish

For Joshua we're getting a small activity cube from Asda for £10 and I don't think we're getting anything else, maybe some small toys again from poundland or ebay. It just seems silly cause he'll be so small.

My cousins, nieces and nephew I'm only planning on spending under £10 each. and tbh I'd rather spend less like I know I'll probs only spend £5 on my cousins cause they've been a bit ungrateful last few pressies i've got them. People like my mum, dad, sis etc i'll only spend about £15 each but i really like to get deals and spend as little as possible but still get them what they want.

I guess it's not really about the money though as long as it's things the person receiving the gift will like but blimey you lot are generous makes me see I really am tight with my money!
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get the feeling...   Starting to get the feeling... EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 3:25 am

You're not tight - you just have sense!!!!

I prob would spend £100 standard on Caitlin & not think much about it, this year but is a fecking joke due to super dad Stuart, but thats a rant im trying to slowly let go of Rolling Eyes

Im not getting this baby anything I dont think. Well I think i'l put the new bouncy seat out that we got anyway and MAYBE buy a lil teddy/rattle toy and put it in it from Caitlin. Basically a £5 if anything will be spent on baby.

Every year Caitlin gets that much its shameful. We moan that we have no room for toys, argue with eachother what old toys to chuck out to make space (many of which she hasnt even had a chance to enjoy as she overwhelmed or we bought on a whim), even clothes we end up with way too many of one thing eg PJ's and are bunging them in drawers not bothering to try and exchange.

Its stupid when I think about it... and yet here I am again buying dolls and accessories when she already has enough!

PS I STILL havent made it to post office, those things are sitting behind my clock!!! Sorry!!! Stuart keeps reminding me and it just keeps slipping my mind! I PROMISE you will get them early next week! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get the feeling...   Starting to get the feeling... EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 3:46 am

I think I need a bit of tightness!
I am STUPID with what I buy Izzy, I say I dont spoil her,,,,,,but OMG I do Embarassed My mum said today that there is new toys here every week and she is right.

So this xmas she aint getting much!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get the feeling...   Starting to get the feeling... EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 4:26 am

We have £250 to spend on all three boys at the moment, but the tommys will end up with most of it as to for there ages don't come cheap really.
I tend to spend slot at Christmas because we don't tend to buy toys throughout the year really. Maybe the odd one here or there but not often!
While the kids are young I think it's fine to spend a little on them, because believe me it does get very expensive and because of Santa you can't really say no!
This I'd why my kids know that most gifts come from us and the stocking with little bits is from Santa!
Back to top Go down
XxCHARnNOAHxX

XxCHARnNOAHxX

About Me!
My Name: Charmaine

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get the feeling...   Starting to get the feeling... EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 4:45 am

Arrh hun i always bargin hunt for family and friends. Like u wont believe and there really nice presents too. Noah is a different story lol. I save every month for him so when his older will be able to afford the things he wants. Coz i no i was an expensive child lol
char
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get the feeling...   Starting to get the feeling... EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 4:56 am

Definately not tight, I wish we as sensible as you!!

We originally planned on spending £100 on each child (Libby, Dexter and stepdaughter Tia), already Libby and Tia have had about £150 and there's still more we want to get and Dexter has had about £75 so far.

It stupid though, they dont NEED anymore toys, we've got a playroom stuffed full of them (large garage conversion so you can imagine the size!), there's toys in the lounge and Libby's bedroom but yet we've bought them more - even more stupidly we've spent £75 on toys for Libby's birthday which is next month [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

With regards to family, we're only going to spend maybe £20 on each set of parents but thats it.

I'm going to pay for Simon to get Dexter's name tattooed (about time!) which will be about £60.
Back to top Go down
MrsLou&Benji

MrsLou&Benji

About Me!
My Name: lou

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get the feeling...   Starting to get the feeling... EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 4:58 am

last xmas we got benji loadsa lil bits, quite a few things that he could keep..."1st xmas" things etc Smile
This xmas he has 2 "big" pressies...2 for £20 from asda Rolling Eyes
an aeroplane with lil people in (he wont play with the plane- but will LOVE the people Laughing)
and some big owld chunky blocks in a tub Very Happy
then i've got him a few lil outfits from primark...just for messing about in Smile
a cool leather jacket (which he's got now!! Rolling Eyes)
and the coolest hat ever!! (camouflage!!) Very Happy

that's it...so about £40ish....
my mum is spending a LOT on him though Rolling Eyes
my dad will spend another £30-£50 on him...so he doesn't go without Laughing
when they're this small, i don't see the point in spending soooo much on them either shell Smile ya ain't tight hun- just not daft Wink
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get the feeling...   Starting to get the feeling... EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 5:06 am

you're sensible shell, i know im way over the top with Ava, we've spent about £200 on presents but then again I have sold on a lot of her old clothes and toys which has pretty much paid for everything.
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get the feeling...   Starting to get the feeling... EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 5:27 am

You're not tight hun, as others have said - you're sensible!

We spent 100-120 each on all 3 last year and Thomas still has a couple of bits that he hasn't opened yet because with his birthday and Christmas being so close he just got over whelmed with toys so the older type ones he got I kept for a rainy day.

I don't buy the kids toys throughout the year unless they are given money by a relative to get a treat so what they get for christmas and birthdays has to last them throughout the year. This is fine for Hannah as she is a june baby so gets stuff every 6 months whereas Thomas gets a huge amount in December and nothing for the rest of the year. I buy him a few 'older' bits that we keep for when he is bored of the first load of toys.

We will probably spend around 100 each again this year but this includes winter clothes, vests, pjs, socks etc which I would buy anyway so just bulks the pressies out Smile

xx
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get the feeling...   Starting to get the feeling... EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 5:35 am

You are not tight hun. You are sensible.

I got the girls a few bargain toys in the summer when they were in the sales and I need to sit down and work out what she is having now and what we are going to put up for her birthday in Feb. I still have a couple more bits that I want to get them both but I am also going to bulk presents out with clothes, etc. that I would normally buy anyway x
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get the feeling...   Starting to get the feeling... EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 11:36 pm

its deffinately sensible

i wish i could be, but we are only spending about £120 on each this year and maybe buying them a tv/dvd combo between them but iam not sure on that one yet.

i would like to just spend like £15/£20 on other peoples kids however my ohs bro is a royal pain in the arse and spends at least £80 on braden and about £15 on dita which pisses me off so much! He didnt even get her anything for her first xmas, i know she was only 10 days old but its not like it was a suprise her arrival as we got the date from about 6 months preg.

So i was really tight for their two birthdays, lil ones and jsut got them a couple of clothes each.... i felt uber mean about this so we've spend £60 on each of them on toys r xmas =0|

x
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get the feeling...   Starting to get the feeling... EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 12:04 am

Shell you're deffo not tight. Im not spending much on Ellie, so far I have a Sylvanian family cottage and I'll get a family and furniture too. But deffo won't be spending loads! We were going to buy a playhouse but we're going to wait until spring time so that it can go in the garden.

Xxx
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get the feeling...   Starting to get the feeling... EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 1:01 am

I wish I was as sensible - Im a bit like Lisa I just can't help myself. I do think Im a shopaholic and since having Tyler Ive not treated myself at all so I get my fix from buying Tyler stuff. And Christmas well my mums always spolt us at Christmas I just sort of carry that on to Tyler!
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get the feeling...   Starting to get the feeling... EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 1:28 am

You're not tight. I don't pay much attention to how much I spend. I tend to spend quite a lot on Adam and the idea was not to spend much on Jamie but he has quite a few small presents so I expect it has added up. I just look at what I think people will like and if its not too much then I buy it. If thats cheap then its just better for me. I have to buy for over 2o people not including Adam and Jamie so tend to scrimp on some of them (like my really spoilt cousins and my aunt and uncle that give us the freebies he gets from work) but spend more on others like my niece and nephew as they appreciate it. I tend to spend more than I mean to because I do my shopping early and then keep seeing things I think people will like. My aim is to spend about £20 or less on everyone other than Adam and Jamie and others spend similar amounts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Starting to get the feeling...   Starting to get the feeling... Empty

Back to top Go down

Starting to get the feeling...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge :: Christmas :: 2011 Archive-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Starting to get the feeling... Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Starting to get the feeling... Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Starting to get the feeling... Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Starting to get the feeling... Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Starting to get the feeling... Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Starting to get the feeling... Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Starting to get the feeling... Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Starting to get the feeling... Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Starting to get the feeling... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Starting to get the feeling... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Starting to get the feeling... Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Starting to get the feeling... Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Starting to get the feeling... Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Starting to get the feeling... Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Starting to get the feeling... Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words