Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

whats lurking in the back of your cupboards?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

whats lurking in the back of your cupboards? _
PostSubject: whats lurking in the back of your cupboards?   whats lurking in the back of your cupboards? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 5:54 am

i was getting sick of looking at my overflowing kitchen cupboards so just went through them and am disgusted at the amount of tins and jars that i have just binned that are out of date
soup,fruit,sauces,gravy,baking products, dressings ,oils i cant bring myslef to work out what the cost may have been . I need to start checking my cupboards before i go shopping i keep on buying what i already have and never rotate my stuff
on a brighter not my cupboards are ever so tidy and organised now
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: whats lurking in the back of your cupboards?   whats lurking in the back of your cupboards? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 5:59 am

Mine have nothing out of date cos I regularly check and either use it quick or bin it!
I did find something that had got missed...was about 4 years out of date Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
MrsLou&Benji

MrsLou&Benji

About Me!
My Name: lou

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: whats lurking in the back of your cupboards?   whats lurking in the back of your cupboards? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 6:19 am

lol i can't generally afford to buy stuff without checking to see if i already have it...but i do have some soups at the back that look a bit old Laughing

my mum once had some food in the back of her cupboard that was 11 years out of date Surprised hahaha tramp!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: whats lurking in the back of your cupboards?   whats lurking in the back of your cupboards? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 6:24 am

LOL! I try to clean out my pantry at least once a month. I usually find stale potato chips, broken pieces of pasta that somehow spill out of the box..brown sugar that has petrified because someone hasn't put the air tight lid back on..bits of cereal and what not. Canned goods I have found some stuff dating back to 2007..which I thankfully caught and tossed. The worst area for me is the fridge! I find science projects in their pretty much weekly! x Puke2
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: whats lurking in the back of your cupboards?   whats lurking in the back of your cupboards? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 6:45 am

haha i must admit i did find some pasta with a use by date of 2009 a couple of weeks back lmao and some soda bicarb from 2010 oooops x
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: whats lurking in the back of your cupboards?   whats lurking in the back of your cupboards? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 6:46 am

LOL Lou 11 years is pretty bad....the funny thing about the thing I found was we'd only been in this house 2 years and when we moved it was already 2 years out of date, and we'd moved 6 months before...so ermmm yeh it moved house twice while out of date!
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: whats lurking in the back of your cupboards?   whats lurking in the back of your cupboards? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 6:53 am

we found a tin of mandarins which had moved house with us twice it was 4 years out of date....we opened them out of curiosity Laughing looked alright!
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: whats lurking in the back of your cupboards?   whats lurking in the back of your cupboards? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 8:08 am

LMAO Mari..botchulism..what does it taste like? Actually..what I don't get is how in some post apocalyptic movies, the survivors..they seem to be eating canned goods several years later. And what about jarred goods..like pickles..doesn't that stuff keep for years? Anyone else wonder about this Best Before date stuff..I don't as a kid..only on perishables like meat..milk..bread... scratch
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: whats lurking in the back of your cupboards?   whats lurking in the back of your cupboards? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 8:12 am

I dunno, the thought of something sat for 6 months in a tin makes my skin crawl!
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: whats lurking in the back of your cupboards?   whats lurking in the back of your cupboards? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 8:27 am

its in a tin! so its sealed......i think really sweet things are alright because sugar doesn't really go moldy, and salty things are the same (says the queen of mold haha), we didn't eat the i was just curious to see if they were furry
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: whats lurking in the back of your cupboards?   whats lurking in the back of your cupboards? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 8:31 am

Tinned stuff is good for YEARS. You shuda eaten it mari
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: whats lurking in the back of your cupboards?   whats lurking in the back of your cupboards? Empty

Back to top Go down

whats lurking in the back of your cupboards?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
whats lurking in the back of your cupboards? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
whats lurking in the back of your cupboards? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
whats lurking in the back of your cupboards? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
whats lurking in the back of your cupboards? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
whats lurking in the back of your cupboards? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
whats lurking in the back of your cupboards? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
whats lurking in the back of your cupboards? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
whats lurking in the back of your cupboards? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
whats lurking in the back of your cupboards? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
whats lurking in the back of your cupboards? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
whats lurking in the back of your cupboards? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
whats lurking in the back of your cupboards? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
whats lurking in the back of your cupboards? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
whats lurking in the back of your cupboards? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
whats lurking in the back of your cupboards? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words