Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Do grandparents listen?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

Do grandparents listen? _
PostSubject: Do grandparents listen?   Do grandparents listen? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 10:53 pm

For those of you who have children, do you find that your kids grandparents listen to your requests where the children are concerned, or do things 'their own way'?

We have always requested that Aimee doesnt drink tea or coffee, but today I picked her up and she had what can only be dried tea or coffee down her top - quite a lot of it.

I cant put my finger on which one it is, as they smell the same to me, but why on earth would she have it all over her if she hadnt been drinking it?

x
Back to top Go down
Char

Char

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do grandparents listen?   Do grandparents listen? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 10:57 pm

errm my mum and dad listen to me! i leave them a list (they ask me to) of wha they can and cant have how they like things ect

but my MIL doesnt listen to me i say leave lesha with her dummy ect and she takes it out ect
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do grandparents listen?   Do grandparents listen? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 10:58 pm

My mum listens (even though she is crazy) because she knows I would rip her head off if I caught her out.

I just really dont want her drinking tea or coffee x
Back to top Go down
Char

Char

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do grandparents listen?   Do grandparents listen? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 11:00 pm

i dont like the girls drinking it either but my dad thinks its funny to annoy me sometimes (strange sence of humor) he gives munch tea and i dont like the girls having choc ect and he gives them choc fingers and choc biccys!
Back to top Go down
meandmyboys

meandmyboys

About Me!
My Name: sam
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do grandparents listen?   Do grandparents listen? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 11:06 pm

one word NO she gives them coke tea coffee ect she knows they are not allowed it Do grandparents listen? Icon_mad
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do grandparents listen?   Do grandparents listen? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 11:07 pm

As soon as I read the title my answer was NO Do grandparents listen? Icon_lol

My MIL was the worst when Caitlin was newborn. She thought I was a nutjob for having my own ideas, apparently her raising 2 children 20-25 years ago made her some sort of god of infancy Do grandparents listen? Icon_rolleyes and I was a rude snidey b*tch for having my own opinions- brainwashed in hospital apparently I was, all young mums are these days blah blah blah Do grandparents listen? Icon_mad

She not too bad now to be fair, if I say no juice just water today please she does it, but Im pretty sure she still thinks im stupid for requesting things like that but doesnt want to risk a huge row again over who actually is Caitlins f-ing mum.
My own mum does what I say but she is the opposite of MIL, my mum reads all the new advice & sticks to it stricter than me. She would lecture me about giving caity the odd fruit shoot or about her still taking a btl at bedtime.

I think in ways no matter what grandparents always think they are right... we cant compete with their 20-30 years experience Do grandparents listen? Icon_rolleyes Which Im always tempted to spit at my MIL is 20-30 yrs out of date and as she only had 2 kids only really has 2 yrs experience of under 1's..... GRRRRR you've set me off on one Do grandparents listen? Icon_lol Sorry!!! Do grandparents listen? Icon_redface
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do grandparents listen?   Do grandparents listen? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 11:21 pm

Callums arent too bad.
If i say hes not allowed something they dont give it him but he ends up wiv choccy treats frm them its all over him so cant hide it frm me lol xx
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do grandparents listen?   Do grandparents listen? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 11:30 pm

Lol Snoopy!

She may well have just spilt some over herself, but im not sure.

I will keep quiet for now as I am starting mat leave in November so it wont be an issue then. I will keep an eye out for it every day now though x
Back to top Go down
marie

marie

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do grandparents listen?   Do grandparents listen? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 11:57 pm

My dad is terrible for it..... had to limit the time Paris stays/spends round there, because know matter how many time i tell my dad, he dont listen

Paris is a fussy eater, so i always take round meals, they never get eaten because he lets her have what she wants i.e chocolate & coke

i say 8 o clock bedtime on a weekend.. i know she dont go to sleep till about 10-11 when she stays round my dads

he lets her jump on everything and go thru all his draws

worst thing, is my dad is very health and safty, and if she falls over he makes a big deal

last week Adam sratched her wrist.. my dad went omg you gota be carefull yor main vain is there ( or something like that) it could kill you... WTF??!!

another thing is.... if i tell her tidy your room, or put that away and she replies no.. my dad goes but she is "ONLY A KID" mums are meant to do that grrrr

Seriously she would end up a nervous wreck spending more then a day with him

now i love my dad and all, but makes me wonder how the hell he brang me and my twin bro up on our own...
Back to top Go down
Gloworm

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do grandparents listen?   Do grandparents listen? EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 12:13 am

My mum listens, and she looks after Rosie the same way as I look after her, but once oh's mum gets something into her head there's no way of stopping her.

Rosie goes to bed after lunch and sleeps for as long as she needs, but when ohs mum has her she'll go upstairs after an hour, open the bedroom door and go across the hall to flush the toilet to wake her up. I know she does it because she thinks she won't sleep at night, but I've lost count of how many times I've told her that her daytime naps don't affect her at night.

I don't think she feeds her what she shouldn't have, and she doesn't like chocolate (strange child I know), so it's just biscuits which I don't mind in moderation.
Back to top Go down
michellenevan

michellenevan

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do grandparents listen?   Do grandparents listen? EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 12:30 am

my mum listens, mainly cos she agrees with the things im sayin like no fizzy juice not to many sweets etc
my dad on the other hand listens to most things but tends to spoil evan with sweets he tries to buy his affection with sweets and choc haha! and once offered him a taste of fizzy juice whilst me n mum were there to which we both told him off, but now whenever he takes evan out he brings him back and says he has had a full bottle of fizzy juice which i know he is jst winding me up lol! so he does listen with the juice but not with sweets if i say he doesnt need a sweet he will say they are my sweets if i want to share with him i will! he is quite stubborn that way!! and it doesnt matter which child goes into my mum n dads my dad offers them a sweet he has a stash of like the wee haribo bags and small bars of kinder choc for all the kids
mil doesnt listen but then she never has evan without us being there anyway cos he aint used to her and he doesnt stay with ppl he not used to cos he jst screams! but if i say no he not gettin whatever or dont let him do that she jst ignores me! much to my annoyance!
my oh is the same if i say evan has had enough sweets or dont give evan a taste of what he is eatin or i dont think thats appropriate for evan do u he jst waits til im out of sight then gives him it!
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do grandparents listen?   Do grandparents listen? EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 12:38 am

my Mil listens and does whatever we ask, she used to be a childminder so is really good with chloe and has taught her some lovely things like how to say please and thank you. My mum on the other hand pretty much does it her way, i asked for her to stop giving her sweet things but she still does it, but Chloe loves going to my mums and is a bit funny at my MIL's so she must be doing something right
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do grandparents listen?   Do grandparents listen? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do grandparents listen?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Do grandparents listen? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Do grandparents listen? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Do grandparents listen? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Do grandparents listen? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Do grandparents listen? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Do grandparents listen? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Do grandparents listen? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Do grandparents listen? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Do grandparents listen? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Do grandparents listen? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Do grandparents listen? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Do grandparents listen? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Do grandparents listen? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Do grandparents listen? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Do grandparents listen? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words