Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

some ppl !!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

some ppl !!! _
PostSubject: some ppl !!!   some ppl !!! EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 9:07 pm

after much discussion with OH last night ( i think he was too tired to argue so just agreed lol )
we are set on either Amelia or Riley Smile
was just speaking to my friend about names and got quite worked up about where i got my name choices from apparently !!
i was not a fan of Amelia but whe i started hearing ( or seeing ) it more and more from lisa g it really grew on me , more so when kayleigh and dilly both chose the name i thought aww its so lovely !, Riley i wanted for a girl when i was pregnant with D
My friedn has automatically assumed that i have got my name choices from the x factor and hollyoaks , now im wondering if my choice of names are going to be more popular because of said programmes
i know this is a film so mega different but jacob edward,bella and even reneesme have grown popular !
its not like i want names that noone else used ever but oh i dunno ,, do you get where im coming from ? OH really liked peyton for a girl in this and last preg but i didnt want to be the girl who named her baby after a one tree hill character
I know you can pretty much associate a name with anything , someone you know , a song blah blah blah , guess i just dont like it being shoved in my face Smile
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

some ppl !!! _
PostSubject: Re: some ppl !!!   some ppl !!! EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 9:18 pm

They're both lovely names. Do you think you will stick with them? I changed my mind a million times with all mine and the after having them changed my mind again as none of looked like the names I'd chosen. Eleanor wasn't even on my maybe list but we just looked at her and thought it was perfect Smile
Back to top Go down
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

some ppl !!! _
PostSubject: Re: some ppl !!!   some ppl !!! EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 9:21 pm

from the minute i found out what my first was we named him and stuck , with middle child i ddint know , with D we agreed not long after finding out she was a girl and stuck so i think it will be these 2 names but its a womans perogative to change her mind aint it lol !
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

some ppl !!! _
PostSubject: Re: some ppl !!!   some ppl !!! EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 9:29 pm

I didnt name either of mine till the were born. Ollie was because I loved it but didnt feel it was right to give him what I thought was a nickname name to grow up with so he probably would have been an Oliver if he lived.

Amelia is from the books naughty Amelia Jane. I loved them when I was little and always said Id call a girl it and I suddenly remebered after she was born. Adam choose the middle name but everyone ws already calling her naughty Amelia, so he couldnt get Jayne out of his head lol

That was some info you totally didnt need lol. I can actualy help with your question thoguh because Ollie was named after Olly Murs from the xfactor. Id never heard the name before then. I only know my Ollie and another Olly so I dont think it got too popular just because of the xfactor. At least it didnt where I live x
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

some ppl !!! _
PostSubject: Re: some ppl !!!   some ppl !!! EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 9:36 pm

I know what you mean, its like after Dexter was born a film came out and the lead male role was called Dexter - all I thought was is there going to be loads and loads of Dexters in his class etc Laughing

I wouldnt worry about it though, they are lovely names and if you like them then sod everyone else!
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle

Edit MY profile

some ppl !!! _
PostSubject: Re: some ppl !!!   some ppl !!! EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 9:48 pm

I think Amelia is a pretty well known and popular name anyway without xfactor contestant and by April (is that when you're due?) everyone will probably have forgotten Amelia Lily.
As for naming after Hollyoaks, characters on there come and go quite quickly and its really not that popular a soap so I don't think many would say you named your child after that.

Whats so bad about naming your child after a tv character anyway - see Imogen's middle name Lorelai - Gilmore Girls Laughing
I think if you like a name you shouldn't worry what people think. Lots of people laughed when we said Imogen Lorelai but I don't care. I think it's pretty so i choose it.

Also this is the reason we didn't say (apart from one mention on here) what we were going to name Joshua as everyone always has an unhelpful comment that makes you question yourself.
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

some ppl !!! _
PostSubject: Re: some ppl !!!   some ppl !!! EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 5:34 am

hannahs named after hannah from hollyoaks Embarassed well not because im in love with her or anything just liked her name.

but Im pretty sure the other steph and debs didnt get it from hollyoaks lol.

Riley does remind me of the guy in hollyoaks but might remind someone else of another riley.

They are both gorgeous names so dont worry about what other people will think and just do what you and oh want! x
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

some ppl !!! _
PostSubject: Re: some ppl !!!   some ppl !!! EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 5:04 am

Susan,Libby&Dexter wrote:
I know what you mean, its like after Dexter was born a film came out and the lead male role was called Dexter - all I thought was is there going to be loads and loads of Dexters in his class etc Laughing

We always loved Dexter too and was our second name, but had always decided on Oliver if we had a boy.

Dont let anybody get to you about names hun. We had decided on Aimee before we had her and then Roxy from Eastenders went and named her baby Amy and I was miffed as anything! x
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare

Edit MY profile

some ppl !!! _
PostSubject: Re: some ppl !!!   some ppl !!! EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 5:27 am

Lucas is named after George Lucas, but we love the name and there's quite a few around but it's gone down in the top 100 lol

Whatever name you pick will remind someone of a tv character or film star etc

I love the name piper but russ as said no because of charmed and if my brother says George once more I might just hit him lol.

Beautiful names thoughxx
Back to top Go down
XxCHARnNOAHxX

XxCHARnNOAHxX

About Me!
My Name: Charmaine
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

some ppl !!! _
PostSubject: Re: some ppl !!!   some ppl !!! EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 6:46 am

You can relate most names to some one or something, so i would worry about that. I love Bella and yeah it is off twilight I am a big fan and i love Jacob, there hardly going to get picked on for it.

I dont really care were names are from as long as you both like them who gives a shit were it comes from lol.

Peyton is a beautiful name, not everyone watches one tree hill, i dont so its the first time I have heard that name.

Amelia and Riley are fab names they are really common but its because there lovely names. Just give them a unique middle name.

Char
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

some ppl !!! _
PostSubject: Re: some ppl !!!   some ppl !!! Empty

Back to top Go down

some ppl !!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
some ppl !!! Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
some ppl !!! Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
some ppl !!! Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
some ppl !!! Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
some ppl !!! Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
some ppl !!! Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
some ppl !!! Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
some ppl !!! Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
some ppl !!! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
some ppl !!! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
some ppl !!! Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
some ppl !!! Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
some ppl !!! Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
some ppl !!! Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
some ppl !!! Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words